PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a ST and CH. Maybe a RB if he doesn’t rate Fisher.

Ideally Davies will sign new contract and be good for Pearson and DJ to leave the club this window if neither will be here next season.

Think he probably just means the main business Keith i.e. Whiteman and, to a lesser extent, Iversen.

It will be disappointing if we don't land a CB but Davies will stay on until the end of the season should that be the case.
Yep, I agree. To be fair although Davies is looking like he is leaving he is still performing pretty well. Yes it would be good to get a replacement but if the right replacement isn’t available then I’m happy with Davies. I thought he was excellent on Wednesday.

Starting to look like we'll keep Ben Davies till the end of the season too.
Perhaps, but as Neil has said multiple times this month, given the contract situation we’re only ever 1 phone call away from that changing very quickly.

We’re already one centre back down, and Davies could walk out at any moment. We have to finish this window with at least 1 centre back.

Can see us signing a right back. Neil clearly wants a winger but that will probably have to wait until the summer.

It will probably get busier again next week now we’re offloading a few players.

Perhaps, but as Neil has said multiple times this month, given the contract situation we’re only ever 1 phone call away from that changing very quickly.

We’re already one centre back down, and Davies could walk out at any moment. We have to finish this window with at least 1 centre back.

Can see us signing a right back. Neil clearly wants a winger but that will probably have to wait until the summer.

It will probably get busier again next week now we’re offloading a few players.
I think Davies knows he's better than Scotland so it depends if anyone stumps up cash for him.

We need a ST and CH. Maybe a RB if he doesn’t rate Fisher.

Ideally Davies will sign new contract and be good for Pearson and DJ to leave the club this window if neither will be here next season.
We've signed 2 STs this season. Can't see us signing another to compete for one spot

Stockley needs to sign by mid-day if he is to play for Charlton tomorrow

Talk of us looking at Lindsay earlier in the window. Maybe his exit frees up a space for him?

Flopped at Stoke. He was good at Barnsley but that was mainly in league 1 I think so I think Sonny Bradley is the more proven of the two at this level.

Shawcross on loan for rest of the season wouldn't be a bad pick up with his experience and he plays left side.
I heard Lindsay mentioned at the start of the month, don’t how serious any interest in him is / was though. Think someone else on here (maybe @Lwigmore ) mentioned we’d enquired.

Not saying will we definitely sign him but players like Lindsay will start to move next week when clubs start trying to trim their squads down to 25 to accommodate new additions.

Think a RB is still on the agenda as well.

I heard Lindsay mentioned at the start of the month, don’t how serious any interest in him is / was though. Think someone else on here (maybe @Lwigmore ) mentioned we’d enquired.

Not saying will we definitely sign him but players like Lindsay will start to move next week when clubs start trying to trim their squads down to 25 to accommodate new additions.

Winger?

Only 25 as well

Neil stating his desire for another wide player again.

Hodgson states that 2 more signing is the most likely outcome at this stage but it’s going to depend on outgoing transfers.

Preston North End are still working hard to bring more players in this month.

The Lilywhites had an unusually busy start to January, with three signings made in the first three days of the transfer window opening.

North End brought in Jayson Molumby, Ched Evans and Daniel Iversen on loan before backing those additions up with the permanent signing of Ben Whiteman for a sizable fee - by PNE's standards.

Now, the priority is understood to be in the defensive department given the season-ending injury to Patrick Bauer and situation with Ben Davies - who could leave at any point should an offer come in and the player want to go.

"There are one or two areas I still think we can strengthen," said manager Alex Neil in his latest press conference. "We are active in trying to fill those slots.

A wide player is one position Neil has admitted he feels the club can bolster their options in and he reiterated that too on Friday morning.

"At the moment, Billy has been out for a significant amount of time so our wide options really are Scott, Tom and Pottsy to a certain extent - I still think that's a little bit light at this level."

It is understood that two more signings is the most likely outcome at this stage, but there is work to be done for that to happen and nothing is too close yet.

And a decisive factor in it will be outgoings - the business PNE are able to do will depend on who leaves this month.

Josh Harrop has been loaned out to Ipswich and Jayden Stockley is expected to head to Charlton until the end of the season.

Meanwhile, LancsLive understands there has been no interest in midfielder Ben Pearson as of yet.

The midfielder has made it clear to the club he feels his future lies elsewhere, with his contract up at the end of the season.

PNE are hopeful Daniel Johnson will follow Alan Browne in signing a new contract, while speculation surrounding Davies has gone quiet.

Following the additions of Molumby and Whiteman, it is unlikely North End would look to bring another midfielder in this month - regardless of where DJ and Pearson are come February 1st.

Neil stating his desire for another wide player again.

Hodgson states that 2 more signing is the most likely outcome at this stage but it’s going to depend on outgoing transfers.

You'd imagine CB and FB priority. Wide man if we can get some outgoings through the door.

Any names knocking about from the ITK?

Status
Not open for further replies.