PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January 2023 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No we don’t.

I honestly don’t get this agenda of ‘he shouts a bit’ so he has to be captain.

Evans is just as influential whether he has the armband or not. Plus taking it off Browne just causes chaos in the squad.
Why?

Browne is the quietest Captain we have ever had.

When does he ever rally the lads alá Gregan, Grezza, Lucketti, Bryson, Clarke, etc? Show some authority. Inspire. Lead. Demand.

The Captain should be one with authority, leadership and inspiration like Gerrard, Keane, Terry, Vieira, Kompany, etc.

Yeah, like you trying to pretend McCann's still the special one!

Oh come on Hunter.. Like a few other players he was outstanding when he first started.... There's a pattern of regimentation here where players have their natural abilities drummed out of them , get re assigned to positions they aren't comfortable with and then get dropped because they fail.... And that's not a pop at Lowe as it's gone on for years with managers trying to make do and mend just to survive themselves..

EG.. Raw I'll grant you but Diaby got MoM and then shoved into a position that he can't cope with and then dropped.. Same with Fernandez...

We both know the problem.... No resource forthcoming to back a Manager , the Manager goes defensive to cover his own arse, the player gets shoved out of position and more often than not it fails.

Oh come on Hunter.. Like a few other players he was outstanding when he first started.... There's a pattern of regimentation here where players have their natural abilities drummed out of them , get re assigned to positions they aren't comfortable with and then get dropped because they fail.... And that's not a pop at Lowe as it's gone on for years with managers trying to make do and mend just to survive themselves..

EG.. Raw I'll grant you but Diaby got MoM and then shoved into a position that he can't cope with and then dropped.. Same with Fernandez...

We both know the problem.... No resource forthcoming to back a Manager , the Manager goes defensive to cover his own arse, the player gets shoved out of position and more often than not it fails.
Can’t disagree with any of this.

That said, two Spurs fan I know who went last week thought he looked very much past it, compared to his premiership days.
To be fair they were not impressed by any of our players - especially the total lack of pace throughout the team. Browne was the only one who they thought showed anything worthy of note.

All the bloke I know could come up with was that that the ground was much better than it was in 1996.

I think it happens all over the place- we have a whole lot of underperforming players- just pointing out Billy's double standards where it comes to everyone but his little blonde lovechild!

Can’t disagree with any of this.

I'm no expert Joan and I may be totally wrong.... But for me you either bring good players in that will complement the system and slot in to their favoured position because they are better than the player you already have there........... or you play them in their preferred position and build the system around them.

What you shouldn't do is try and make a silk purse out of a sows ear..... because neither the team or player will thrive....

He's put in 147 crosses this season. Very high count due to no one else being either willing or able to. (Potts second ranked with 54 crosses)

I've been pretty underwhelmed by the quality of Brady's shooting / crosses and zero goals. But, I don't think the midfield options he's got to work with, or Lowe's style of play really suit him.

That said, two Spurs fan I know who went last week thought he looked very much past it, compared to his premiership days.

To be fair they were not impressed by any of our players - especially the total lack of pace throughout the team. Browne was the only one who they thought showed anything worthy of note.
He and Evans were the only ones who did anything of positive note with the ball in the game as the pair of them actually took players on, on a couple of occasions. Was as exciting as it got in possession.

Fair point, feel like someone needs to organise the team a bit though after going behind, at home we just crumble and give up.
That would be the manager’s job would it not? Who cares which player has the captains armband, it makes absolutely no difference who the captain is. These guys are around each other all the time, they talk to one another and are essentially colleagues. Browne saying something matters no more that Ched saying something, though maybe nobody listens to Olosunde….

Regarding any new signings, it’s largely irrelevant. Probably for the best if we don’t bother, I’d sooner spend the ‘transfer budget’ on something resembling a recruitment/ data analysis department. At least that would potentially provide future benefit rather than us picking up any available MRKT client or a player who happens to have an agent whom is on ‘good terms’ with Peter.

The transfers thread in summer is going to be significantly more depressing than this one, and let’s face it, the bar has been set exceptionally low.

That would be the manager’s job would it not? Who cares which player has the captains armband, it makes absolutely no difference who the captain is. These guys are around each other all the time, they talk to one another and are essentially colleagues. Browne saying something matters no more that Ched saying something, though maybe nobody listens to Olosunde….

Regarding any new signings, it’s largely irrelevant. Probably for the best if we don’t bother, I’d sooner spend the ‘transfer budget’ on something resembling a recruitment/ data analysis department. At least that would potentially provide future benefit rather than us picking up any available MRKT client or a player who happens to have an agent whom is on ‘good terms’ with Peter.

The transfers thread in summer is going to be significantly more depressing than this one, and let’s face it, the bar has been set exceptionally low.
If it gets anymore depressing it’s going to need the Samaritans number at the top of every page

Why?

Browne is the quietest Captain we have ever had.

When does he ever rally the lads alá Gregan, Grezza, Lucketti, Bryson, Clarke, etc? Show some authority. Inspire. Lead. Demand.

The Captain should be one with authority, leadership and inspiration like Gerrard, Keane, Terry, Vieira, Kompany, etc.

We aren’t in 1982 anymore, JD. You don’t need to shout about to be a captain.

Odegaard is playing in the best football team in the country right now. He isn’t a shouter. Gundogan and Kevin De Bruyne are captains for City and they are probably in one of the most successful sides in the past 15 years. Neither of them shout about.

Changing the captain, absolutely does not change the performances on the pitch. It’s a very outdated view to have imo.

I also don’t agree with your point on leadership and authority. Browne is probably the most liked/respected person in that squad. Would be crazy to give it anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.