PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January 2023 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Jesus, if that's true about Whiteman then we're truly fooked. He's an absolute stalwart & critical to how we play both defensively & offensively. Club captain material IMHO & best years ahead. Not sure what he's on but guess its under £10k a week (feel free to correct me anyone!) he'd be worth paying £12-13k a week for sure.

DanPNE

Might be a surprise departure in Jan, was told this week that a senior-ish player has asked for a new contract to put him level with Browne & DJ wages and was told a firm NO by PR
This isnt half jumping to conclusions if your reffering to Whiteman.

Hes under contract till summer of 2024 be under no pressure to sell him at all until summer at least if not next Jan.

Be silly not to tie him down but we have time on our side there masssivley and Lowe massivley rates him.

Mr Meeseeks

Patron
If it’s true and it’s Whiteman then it’s an absolute shambles.

One of few players of our own, in contract and is absolutely key to this side.

Still think it’ll be DJ leaving in Jan myself.

SF

Patron
'Senior-ish' makes me think Riis.

Maybe even Storey while his stock is high.

Mr. M

Knowing us we bump off the high earners and replace them with cloggers. Annoy the few good uns we have with paltry contract offers and end up losing them for peanuts after said contract ends. When gave we ever sold someone for decent coin and adequately replaced them instantly?

It’s fair obvious the club is cost cutting. I can’t see us upping wages to over £10k for anyone. Lads like DJ, Harrop and Sinclair have ruined that one.

llanroc

Patron
It’s fair obvious the club is cost cutting. I can’t see us upping wages to over £10k for anyone. Lads like DJ, Harrop and Sinclair have ruined that one.
We have a cycle of cutting the wage bill and that will inevitably continue in January. DJ is nailed on to leave and I wouldn’t be surprised to see at least a couple of others to leave as well. These will probably be replaced by inexperienced loan players…if We are lucky.

bowlandwhites

Patron
Knowing us we bump off the high earners and replace them with cloggers. Annoy the few good uns we have with paltry contract offers and end up losing them for peanuts after said contract ends. When gave we ever sold someone for decent coin and adequately replaced them instantly?
Our 2 highest earners are crap Johnson can go for free & Browne after him pulling out of that tackle yesterday for the 3rd goal can go I would strip him tomorrow of the captaincy.
Both done nothing since they the massive contracts

NG White

Patron
It has to be Whiteman surely. I can't think of anyone else within the squad that would go and ask for that, he's the only one I can think of that would have an argument to ask for it. As it happens I think he's better than both of them and should be captain. I don't understand why it would mean he is going in January though unless someone has made a decent offer for him.

I can't see us giving anyone the reported £17-18k a week wages Browne and DJ are on again under this ownership. They probably can't wait to offload them.

I would not be at all surprised if DJ left in January. He is well out of favour at the moment and there must be a reason for that. Contract up in the summer so he'll be off then anyway.

Surely it's Lindsay.

He was on the press two weeks ago about no talk over new deal so imagine discussions begun and he was told that by Ridsdale.

Given his general form I imagine a few other championship sides will be interested and he could well move on in January.

That will present another problem given issues in final third. Cunners can step in for games here and there and do his best but past the stage where he can do it every week, in normal circumstances Bauer can just slot back in but not in Lowe's preferred style and Bambo just replacing Lindsay simply wouldn't be good enough yet again from the club.

It has to be Whiteman surely. I can't think of anyone else within the squad that would go and ask for that, he's the only one I can think of that would have an argument to ask for it. As it happens I think he's better than both of them and should be captain. I don't understand why it would mean he is going in January though unless someone has made a decent offer for him.

I can't see us giving anyone the reported £17-18k a week wages Browne and DJ are on again under this ownership. They probably can't wait to offload them.

I would not be at all surprised if DJ left in January. He is well out of favour at the moment and there must be a reason for that. Contract up in the summer so he'll be off then anyway.

Think next summer will be issue with Whiteman more than January if Sheff Weds come up again. Will be one year left on his deal and Moore managed him at Doncaster and inevitably they'll have a budget to offer him far greater terms.

Think next summer will be issue with Whiteman more than January if Sheff Weds come up again. Will be one year left on his deal and Moore managed him at Doncaster and inevitably they'll have a budget to offer him far greater terms.
He signed for Doncaster from Sheff U because he wanted to be nearer his family.......
Bournemouth wanted him in a double deal but he turned them down for the same reason.
Bournemouth then turned their attention to Pearson.

Loweball

Club Legend
i think a lot of people write off some of the players who are coming to their end here at North End, some seem to think "no one will take him, or him", its completely nonsense its just negative thinking. Maguire and Johnson would be great league one assets or even championship. These are players that we signed under a different system and have not really been able to adapt to different play styles and i think we will easily be able to sell them.