PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January 2023 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a big step up, for someone who is 25. Granted his goalscoring record has been out of this world this season but I'm not sure about paying a million quid for someone who plays in the 5th division of England.
You're probably right, but every now and then someone like Jamie Vardy can be found playing at that level, and at a similar age.

We will find a way to fund Cameron Archer when he becomes available.
Hope you’re right Chip. LEP said this morning from what sounded like an inside source :-

‘At this current time, a return to Preston on loan seems unlikely. The Lilywhites were unsuccessful in their attempts to bring him back to Lancashire during the summer, and his increased wage could make a deal more complicated’

Hope you’re right Chip. LEP said this morning from what sounded like an inside source :-

‘At this current time, a return to Preston on loan seems unlikely. The Lilywhites were unsuccessful in their attempts to bring him back to Lancashire during the summer, and his increased wage could make a deal more complicated’

I got the distinct impression at our meeting that they would make an exception to our wage structure to bring him back.

That said we would be daft not to be looking at other options.

I got the distinct impression at our meeting that they would make an exception to our wage structure to bring him back.

I think with wages the only way you can get away with having one player on a lot more than his team mates is with loan players. None of the permanently signed players could complain really because the contract wasn't given out by us.

I'm positive with Archer in and a bit of luck we'd have a great chance of making the play offs.

Archer has started tonight's friendly at Cardiff......can imagine scouts from most Championship clubs watching.

I would love Archer back for the second half of the season but my god i wish we would just sign a young promising attacker from abroad again, we did it with Riis and we could be looking at a big profit when the time is right for him. I dont buy the bollocks of, "We dont have the budget", it is complete shite, i wish he would just say he does not want to put any more money in out of his own pocket.

I would love Archer back for the second half of the season but my god i wish we would just sign a young promising attacker from abroad again, we did it with Riis and we could be looking at a big profit when the time is right for him. I dont buy the bollocks of, "We dont have the budget", it is complete shite, i wish he would just say he does not want to put any more money in out of his own pocket.

A lot more difficult now due to the points system for work permits.

A lot more difficult now due to the points system for work permits.
Yeah but its not really an excuse when other teams in this division are signing lots of players from other countries in Europe, i know its not as easy now and you can get unlucky with various things but everyone else finds a way.

What does 'even' even mean? It is tautology pure and simple. What does that mean is just the same as what does that even mean.

If we all have to list something that boils our piss this is one of mine. Where did this superfluous 'even' come from. My guess is the US.

I will be all of quiver if we sign Archer in Jan. here’s hoping he hits the bullseye for Northend and we don’t have to swallow any bullshit about not having hit a lot of fans preferred target in the window 😁
Good post. If we do get Archer, I'd sign Ashley Fletcher to partner him. 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.