PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January 2023 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what we need we need more offensive players striker & a tricky & archer as a no 10 & a right winger . We have plenty of defensive midfielders.
If we don’t Ron I can’t see us winning at home again.
Exactly, A McGeedy type that can produce something from nothing is what we need for Deepdale. Away from home we are fine I think. No idea where we would find one though.

Exactly, A McGeedy type that can produce something from nothing is what we need for Deepdale. Away from home we are fine I think. No idea where we would find one though.
The nearest we’ll get to that is Robbie Brady so we need to concentrate on what even my seven year old grandson has known we’ve needed for yonks….a RWB and a striker.
I hope RL has been told they are a given even if he can’t offload any of the senior squad.

Rarely for North End matters.
The likelihood is that he's seen the BBC Sport page where Lowe specifically says he would look to bring in Cameron Archer if available and translated that into "PNE want a forward".

Rarely for North End matters.
That's probably just us tbh we keep everything in house, we don't really even have a proper transfer reporter, George Hodgson i suppose but he doesn't appear to get anymore information that we can find.

Is Nixon a reliable source?
Much more ‘miss’ than ‘hit’ with us but nowt much seems to get out of the club anyway.

No doubt he has agent contacts who use him to their advantage in his stories.

Only 2 teams, Burnley and Sheffield United have conceded fewer goals than us? On what do you base your statement?
My eyes.

We conceded 10 goals in our last 5 games before today ( hence the words "right now" ), most of those goals complete gifts.

We were all over the place in the first half today too, but Woodman and Stoke being useless meant we hung on till half time.

Let's not hang on that weird run we went on at the start of the season, that defensive record is long gone.

Only 2 teams, Burnley and Sheffield United have conceded fewer goals than us? On what do you base your statement?

Flawed.

We kept 7 of our 12 clean sheets in the first 7 games of the season!

Since then, we’ve been really poor defensively. Personally, I don’t think Lindsay or Storey are up to scratch. I’m sure I’ll get slack for that, but I honestly don’t think either are any good. Hughes is the only good, solid Championship defender we have.

Bambo was good today, but I think a dominant CB is vital.

Flawed.

Since then, we’ve been really poor defensively. Personally, I don’t think Lindsay or Storey are up to scratch. I’m sure I’ll get slack for that, but I honestly don’t think either are any good. Hughes is the only good, solid Championship defender we have.

We still aren't conceding loads of goals? 7 clean sheets was a freak. That doesn't mean Lindsay is now doing a bad job. He's been brilliant so far this season as a whole.

We still aren't conceding loads of goals? 7 clean sheets was a freak. That doesn't mean Lindsay is now doing a bad job. He's been brilliant so far this season as a whole.

Think that’s an overstatement. Wouldn’t say any of our players have been ‘brilliant’.

Lindsay has been good, better than I expected. I just don’t think he is as good as some make out. I don’t think he can play in a back 4 and I think having 2 either side help him get out of awkward situations. He can’t deal with pace and he struggles to bring the ball out from the back.

Decent enough player, but there are obviously better options out there. Would have Helik from Hudds in an instant if they fail to stay up.

We are "joint-third" on 26 for goals conceded, along with Millwall, Luton, West Brom and Coventry.

However, we haven't just been outscored by all 4 of those teams - we've been outscored by all but 2 of the other teams in the league.

So yes, the defence is good. But at what cost to our attacking threat?

Reactions: SF
Flawed.

Our defence is the strongest part of the 1st team . We have had injuries in defence.
Unless u think we should replace every player at the club we are what we are mid table championship team .
Scoring more goal is our biggest problem.

We are "joint-third" on 26 for goals conceded, along with Millwall, Luton, West Brom and Coventry.

However, we haven't just been outscored by all 4 of those teams - we've been outscored by all but 2 of the other teams in the league.
---oOo---
So yes, the defence is good. But at what cost to our attacking threat?
Perhaps Lowe's idea is to concentrate on the teams strengths, with him realising the shortfalls the team/squad players have in the other two main areas - these being Midfielders & Forwards. (?)
Or in other words setting the team up to the best of their abilities.
That's until we strengthen these other two areas, then perhaps we can see him playing them in different styles / formations - that get us more goals + more attractive to watch !

I can't wait for this, (but I suppose I'll have to ,
and I've got used to False Dawns ! ) and just Wish for a Happier New Year for the Home Fans at Deepdale.

Up the Whites and keep on keeping on Ryan Lowe - some of us know that it's about Playing the Long Game.

Still dream of those McGeedy days, that midfield was a different level.

Status
Not open for further replies.