PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January 2023 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've paid off his contract so Coventry can take him.

That's what I was told this morning anyway. Not sure how much truth there is in it but Cov haven't paid anything for him, lol.
I've said this a lot recently but Jesus Christ.

How does Risdale manage to make the competent management of a football club look like Nuclear Fusion?

I do agree with all of this. But I’d still rather sell than let contracts run in hope they actually get the recruitment right for once in their bloody lives. So I personally was for selling Riis and selling Whiteman, for the right fees of course, as we definitely aren’t going to get it right by not selling at all.
Sell Whiteman and we wont get to the playoffs (we probably wont anyway) because the rest of the squad will once more feel theyve been let down in their hopes of a play off.
Sell him in the summer and the fall out will be less....
Having said that I do not believe the rumours and certainly BW knew nothing about the Watford rumour....

I'm sure on the Footy Insider post it says they're taking him until the end of the season.

Would that not point towards them taking on his current contract? 6 months, same wage, with no fee to us?

Just gets him off the wage bill.

It’s like the Boy who cried Wolf because I do get some bits about Whiteman to all of your SURPRISE hahaha

I'm sure on the Footy Insider post it says they're taking him until the end of the season.

Would that not point towards them taking on his current contract? 6 months, same wage, with no fee to us?

Just gets him off the wage bill.
If that was the case why would they not just loan him for the rest of the season? He'll have been paid off by us and then taken a hefty pay cut to try and prove himself on a short term deal. Win-win for him really.

If true that Ridsdale has negotiated another of his give away contract deals then you've got to give him credit for being consistent . No wonder we can't afford a full maintenance programme

HEMMINGS AND RIDSDALE OUT - SOONER THAN LATER

Sell Whiteman and we wont get to the playoffs (we probably wont anyway) because the rest of the squad will once more feel theyve been let down in their hopes of a play off.
Sell him in the summer and the fall out will be less....
Having said that I do not believe the rumours and certainly BW knew nothing about the Watford rumour....
Personally prefer selling players at, or before the 18 month left on their contract mark. Once it gets down to 1 year left on the deal, the amount of money you can ask for goes down a fair bit.

I’d be happy giving him a new deal but he’d be 28 in the summer of next year so in the likely case we don’t go up any time soon, we’d have to be looking to sell in that period if we aren’t making money elsewhere from other players, otherwise it’s another player we won’t get much money back from if sold.

Hang on.Did we not buy the so called top players on the cheap in the 1st place? This is is not defending the board but for someone to find these players and for us to sell them at a profit someone is doing a good job. For a club of our size I think that is the only way we can survive. Unless we can somehow conjure up an extra 8 thousand supporters every home game. Who would have thought the likes of May and Bayliss would have flopped like they did and who do you blame for that? The other alternative is a string of loan players who inevitably have to return and that frustrates fans even more (Iverson, Archer,Sepp,Alvaro,Beckham etc) I am afraid we are in a catch 22 situation. We appear to be wrong if we do and wrong if we don't.

Jamie Thomas.

Hang on.Did we not buy the so called top players on the cheap in the 1st place? This is is not defending the board but for someone to find these players and for us to sell them at a profit someone is doing a good job. For a club of our size I think that is the only way we can survive. Unless we can somehow conjure up an extra 8 thousand supporters every home game. Who would have thought the likes of May and Bayliss would have flopped like they did and who do you blame for that? The other alternative is a string of loan players who inevitably have to return and that frustrates fans even more (Iverson, Archer,Sepp,Alvaro,Beckham etc) I am afraid we are in a catch 22 situation. We appear to be wrong if we do and wrong if we don't.

Afternoon Pete...

There is literally no point in suggesting any players of the ilk of Ogbene or Barlaser or anyone who we’d face any competition for from another championship side, because we obviously cannot compete.

Which means any incomings will be players that nobody wants, which means you would have to have some pretty insane scouting system, which, we absolutely do not have.

Status
Not open for further replies.