PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January 2024 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

I mean this with the greatest of respect, but how much have you seen of him? Beyond a YouTube compilation, which I agree are good for excitement but which can make anyone good. Vitesse are bottom of a poor league with 13 goals in 21 games, I wouldn’t want any forward that’s been a part of that scoring return.

Vidigal looked OK but has quickly been shown as nothing more than a purple patch like Oscar Estupinan had for Hull
He just looked like a direct winger just like Millar from his highlights, not sure about his attitude or work ethic over a full game though.

Just my opinion of course but i just think Stoke are in a real shit state currently and the players confidences are rock bottom. Just can see them getting raided by other championship clubs if they finish near the relegation spots or even get relegated.

He just looked like a direct winger just like Millar from his highlights, not sure about his attitude or work ethic over a full game though.

Just my opinion of course but i just think Stoke are in a real shit state currently and the players confidences are rock bottom. Just can see them getting raided by other championship clubs if they finish near the relegation spots or even get relegated.
Stoke are a prime example of a club without a real plan hoping throwing money solves it. They have a DOF who seems to be the main person buying the players for the manager/head couch to work with. A few exceptions allowing the managers to buy a few former players probably to help the squad adapt to how he works. But the management appointments are all over the place in terms of style and formation

Stoke are a prime example of a club without a real plan hoping throwing money solves it. They have a DOF who seems to be the main person buying the players for the manager/head couch to work with. A few exceptions allowing the managers to buy a few former players probably to help the squad adapt to how he works. But the management appointments are all over the place in terms of style and formation
I wonder if Gally is happy there

On the Oatcake forum, a few of 'em said they prefer Bonham to Iversen. After yesterday, Johnson was getting loads of abuse on the same forum. Also Schumacher, with someone suggesting he be sacked, with Gallagher replacing him.
Unsurprisingly, Ben Pearson isn't very popular either.
I remember at the start of the season, a lot of our forum users, mainly due to the Alex Neil connection, were tipping Stoke for promotion.

I and many others said they would fail miserably. Nice to be proven right.

Bad attitude as well with Mmaee, think Schumacher has isolated him from the group.

Is Tyrese Campbell totally finished now?

I remember thinking 3-4 years ago he had massive potential and would play in premier league eventually but then picked up a bad ACL and seems he never starts for them.

Would be a gamble I guess but he's still only 24 and still scored 9 last season.

Their CBs are complete rubbish by sounds of it. And I said it at the time when he got released but DJ has done very little so this club got the best years out of him and probably the right time to move him on last summer considering the wages he was on.

Surprised Pearson looks done as he isn't even 30 yet but guess he lost a bit of edge from warming the bench at Bournemouth for 18 months which can sometimes happen with players.

Surprised Pearson looks done as he isn't even 30 yet but guess he lost a bit of edge from warming the bench at Bournemouth for 18 months which can sometimes happen with players.

He played really well for them on loan last year, that's why they signed him- it's no coincidence that the whole team looks like shit as they've all been thrown together this season, chopped and changed constantly.

He played really well for them on loan last year, that's why they signed him- it's no coincidence that the whole team looks like shit as they've all been thrown together this season, chopped and changed constantly.

To many new players and lots of them foreign and adapting

I dont remember Pearson and DJ gelling that well when they were here. So why that combo would have improved after 4 years apart I dont know.

Pearson having a meh career after us is a real shame. I remember him and Calvin Phillips where neck and neck in the champ one season as the stand out DMs. he'd have prolly been as well going Leeds to replace him instead of being 4th or 5th choice at Bournemouth and never really getting a run as manager needs to.justify the 15m international CM signing..Not the 250k punt from Preston

Remember the commentator being blown away by him playing a mid-week game for them on BT sport. that was probably the highlight

I wonder if Gally is happy there

Looking on the Stoke messageboard, there are lots who want Schumacher sacked if they lose to QPR on Wednesday, with Gally the preferred choice to the end of the season.

Mind you, there's plenty on there who want Tony Bloody Pulis back, too (!).

Makes our Billy Davies obssession look sane. 😅

Looking on the Stoke messageboard, there are lots who want Schumacher sacked if they lose to QPR on Wednesday, with Gally the preferred choice to the end of the season.

Mind you, there's plenty on there who want Tony Bloody Pulis back, too (!).

Makes our Billy Davies obssession look sane. 😅
Stoke have had their days in the 'sun'. It would appear that reality is beginning to take over. Port Vale next season?
On a slightly unrelated theme, I've been banging on to my 'pals', non PNE fans, about getting rid of Ryan Lowe. They think I'm barmy and know fuck all about football. I guess to an outsider, and sitting 2 points shy of a play off place, it does look daft.
Another few wins in the next month, and my fickle side will no doubt come to the fore.

Their CBs are complete rubbish by sounds of it. And I said it at the time when he got released but DJ has done very little so this club got the best years out of him and probably the right time to move him on last summer considering the wages he was on.

There's something badly wrong at Stoke, as there has been for at least half a decade now. I think it goes beyond the playing/coaching staff.

Say what you want about Gary Rowett, Nathan Jones, Michael O'Neill, Alex Neil, Steven Schumacher - they've all had success elsewhere, virtually always with far less money than they got at Stoke.

As we saw with Derby - there's only so much money you can throw around before it catches up with you.

Stoke have had their days in the 'sun'. It would appear that reality is beginning to take over. Port Vale next season?
On a slightly unrelated theme, I've been banging on to my 'pals', non PNE fans, about getting rid of Ryan Lowe. They think I'm barmy and know fuck all about football. I guess to an outsider, and sitting 2 points shy of a play off place, it does look daft.
Another few wins in the next month, and my fickle side will no doubt come to the fore.
I'm in the exact same position with one of my mates who I play pool with. He's a massive Liverpool fan, but was a PNE season-ticket holder in our first two seasons back in League 1 and is often wearing the black 2011/12 away shirt. I wouldn't wear the shirt of any other English club, but oh well...

I've been fairly consistent this season about not rating Lowe, even when we were doing well and that's when I had my first little discussion about it with him - but even so, I wasn't asking for him to go then. I was only pointing out that the way we won those games didn't fill me with confidence that we could sustain it, but he took it as I was a deluded know-fuck-all who was wanting the manager out despite sitting 3rd in the league.

When someone says "bottom 3 budget in league + competing for playoffs = overachieving", I can understand where they're coming from. But it's a simplistic view of a complex situation.

It's not until I pointed to the things you don't know just by looking at the league table and results - the "badges" comment, the fact we profiled as a relegation candidate statistically for much of the season, the fact 90%+ of 600 or so voters on this forum want shut of him just like I do, the turgid football we were playing until he finally realised after nearly half a year that playing 2 strikers and a 10 is a good idea (something I think I said on here that I'd love to see all the way back in September) - that he started to see what I was getting at, although we continue to agree to disagree that he should go.

I'm in the exact same position with one of my mates who I play pool with. He's a massive Liverpool fan, but was a PNE season-ticket holder in our first two seasons back in League 1 and is often wearing the black 2011/12 away shirt. I wouldn't wear the shirt of any other English club, but oh well...

I've been fairly consistent this season about not rating Lowe, even when we were doing well and that's when I had my first little discussion about it with him - but even so, I wasn't asking for him to go then. I was only pointing out that the way we won those games didn't fill me with confidence that we could sustain it, but he took it as I was a deluded know-fuck-all who was wanting the manager out despite sitting 3rd in the league.

When someone says "bottom 3 budget in league + competing for playoffs = overachieving", I can understand where they're coming from. But it's a simplistic view of a complex situation.

It's not until I pointed to the things you don't know just by looking at the league table and results - the "badges" comment, the fact we profiled as a relegation candidate statistically for much of the season, the fact 90%+ of 600 or so voters on this forum want shut of him just like I do, the turgid football we were playing until he finally realised after nearly half a year that playing 2 strikers and a 10 is a good idea (something I think I said on here that I'd love to see all the way back in September) - that he started to see what I was getting at, although we continue to agree to disagree that he should go.
Excellent post. My thoughts entirely. 👍👍

Listened to Talk Sport this morning, West Spam fans are getting same stick as us due to wanting Moysie out, Won a European Trophy last year, 8th in Premier league, League Cup quarter finalst. Talk sport asking what would make them happy, fans saying its awful and he's lost it, sounds like us without the success haha.

Listened to Talk Sport this morning, West Spam fans are getting same stick as us due to wanting Moysie out, Won a European Trophy last year, 8th in Premier league, League Cup quarter finalst. Talk sport asking what would make them happy, fans saying its awful and he's lost it, sounds like us without the success haha.
Problem with West Ham is they think they're bigger than they are