January signings

Pidge

First Team
A proper left-sided centre back is far more important, end this 5-3-2 shit.
Will we sign a striker or go with what we have and will we make any decent signings
A left wing back and a striker would be my two signings to improve the first XI.

I personally don’t believe Earl or Cunningham are up to it if you want to compete in the top half of this division.

A centre half would be a nice option to add a bit more depth, especially with it being likely Huntington will move on at the end of the year and with Bauer’s history (Achilles injury)

Mr Meeseeks

Forum Patron
Patron
A left wing back and a striker would be my two signings to improve the first XI.

I personally don’t believe Earl or Cunningham are up to it if you want to compete in the top half of this division.

A centre half would be a nice option to add a bit more depth, especially with it being likely Huntington will move on at the end of the year and with Bauer’s history (Achilles injury)
Striker, Centre Back and Right Back for me personally as a priority.

The CB situation in the summer worries me massively. Huntington and Sepp will be gone, Lindsay is nowhere near up to it and Storey and Hughes rely too much on Bauer to carry them. And that said Bauer hasn't yet committed and could well be off, he has form for that.

No issues with Hughes as a LCB and LB option but I do feel we need another CB in Jan or we will be scrapping around for two possibly three come Summer.

Then in the RB position we could possibly end up having just Olosunde given that Rafferty will be off and Sepp going back. Relying on Olosunde at present seems like suicide, yet to be convinced he even exists at this point.

SF

Advisor to the Owner

Competing in the top half hasn't even crossed my mind.

Lee Trundle

Forum Patron
Patron
Yeah centre half and centre forward are the 2 biggest issues by far.

Storey can only play the right hand side of a back 3, Lindsay cant play anywhere.

You can't say Maguire is shit without a host of people calling you an idiot for "not seeing what he brings," but Maguire is shit.

The fact he remains our best option is only further evidence to our poor recruitment which we shall hopefully rectify in Jan

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
Reading between the lines of Ridsdale’s press release I doubt we’ll sign anyone.

Exactly the opposite for me, I'm certain we'll be making signings.

It will also be interesting to see if anything is done with Thomas and how close Izzy Brown is to a return...

pne_monster

Advisor to the Owner
Exactly the opposite for me, I'm certain we'll be making signings.

It will also be interesting to see if anything is done with Thomas and how close Izzy Brown is to a return...
Bauer was out for about 8 months so possibly April if all goes well.

Morse

Manager
Why don’t we just pay the dross (or some of them) off, we’re going to have to pay them in the long run anyway. Then we can start again?