PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January 2022 - Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Cracking player but plagued with injuries, lessons need to be learned or he'll be bezzos with Olosunde, Wickham and Izzy before we know it.

That said I would imagine Celtic, Rangers and Rovers are a bigger draw right now despite nicking McCann and Bauer from them both previously respectively.

Cracking player but plagued with injuries, lessons need to be learned or he'll be bezzos with Olosunde, Wickham and Izzy before we know it.

That said I would imagine Celtic, Rangers and Rovers are a bigger draw right now despite nicking McCann and Bauer from them both previously respectively.

Do we only consider damaged goods (injury prone) because they are low cost signings?

Do we only consider damaged goods (injury prone) because they are low cost signings?
We must do. If Wickham and Brown weren't injury prone then they'd be nowhere near this club but because they're made of glass it makes them cheap punts and right up our street.

Wickham was behind me in the queue at the Euro Garage on Matrix Park at the weekend, looked to be moving okay albeit not running about like. Would be interested to know if he could be back before his contract runs out.

He's also one of the tallest, biggest built fellas I've seen knocking around for a while, he wouldn't have looked out of place at the local strongman gym. Shame about his injuries, the lad's a beast and I'd have loved to have seen him roughing up some centre halves this season.

I guess if we get Ched and Olosunde fully fit by the end of the year then that will be like two new signings…….

Has Riddler suddenly developed a fetish for Achilles Bingo?

As a non medical person, is there a trend that Achilles is an affliction for big guys, Tom Clarke, Bauer, Wickham and Souttar?

Definitely red flags for me regards this as a potential signing.

It might be worth noting that one player who's been immense for pne this season In games has just made a great recovery from an Achilles (BFG) however, super Tommy Clarke was never the same after his.

It might be worth noting that one player who's been immense for pne this season In games has just made a great recovery from an Achilles (BFG) however, super Tommy Clarke was never the same after his.
Was he not? Tom Clarke was a fantastic servant throughout his entire time with us, but he was an average Championship centre half before and after his injury.

Still did a decent job whenever he came in and played. I’d say his reduced game time was more so down to there being better players than him as we improved the squad (Fisher at RB, Hunts & Bauer in the RCB position).

When I was a student at Durham a few of us (fans from various generic towns!) went to see Middlesbrough a few times. Can’t say it made me a Boro fan but it got them a bit of extra money. Can’t understand why we’ve never really looked at the student market, it might not gets us many fans for life but even if a few turn up now and again it’s better than nowt.

Might have seen you up there against Wolves Pete - we took a minibus up from Hull.

Nil nil and I think Jamie Pollock made his debut.

Was he not? Tom Clarke was a fantastic servant throughout his entire time with us, but he was an average Championship centre half before and after his injury.

Still did a decent job whenever he came in and played. I’d say his reduced game time was more so down to there being better players than him as we improved the squad (Fisher at RB, Hunts & Bauer in the RCB position).
Did Clarke even ever play CB again after the Achilles more than a handful of times? Only really remember him playing anything other than RB under Neil.