PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January thread

I will be happy with no more business, as long as we keep Pearo, Robbo and Davies
Soon be midnight !!!

We still looking at a winger? or is this more in preparation for the summer?

I took that situation to be "if someone suddenly became available" then we might do it, but we already have 2 wide players not making the current squad (Barker and Ginnelly). It makes sense to me to wait until the summer when Barker returns and we see what the situation is with Robinson.

Even without Barker and Robinson, next season we'd have Potts, Bodin, Barkhuizen, Ginnelly, Maguire and Harrop (ish) to play from wide.

I hope Barker goes elsewhere on loan for the good of his career. But given our injury record, we might be better stockpiling players just incase.

Presumably O Connor, Burke & Crowe

Seems to be the 3 I suspect.

Personally, I would, if there were any takers, sell all 3.

None are of Championship standard.

Waste of a wage, waste of a squad number holding back the youth and a waste of their careers hanging around just training.

I see Nixon is commenting on Barker, saying there hasn't been contact from City about him returning but that Hibs and Aberdeen would take him if they did. Might be a late move on that, I think the Scottish deadline is midnight.

See Lewis Morgan has left Celtic on loan for Sunderland. Seem to recall us being linked with him this time last year i think. Lloyd Jones another one who we got mentioned with before he signed for luton has joined Plymouth. Looks like we didn't miss out by not getting them

Presumably O Connor, Burke & Crowe

Yep.

Although Irish window doesn’t shut yet so may be around a bit longer for two of them.

I see Nixon is commenting on Barker, saying there hasn't been contact from City about him returning but that Hibs and Aberdeen would take him if they did. Might be a late move on that, I think the Scottish deadline is midnight.

Barker is a strange one, certainly has promise but doesnt quite fit in a Alex Neil side, bit like Horgan. Wouldn’t be a surprise to see him go out elsewhere.

Wouldn't be disappointed to see Barker go, got talent but needs work to become a regular at this level, would rather focus on developing our own players rather than City's.

SPL probably suits him, you still see a lot of 4-4-2's with out and out wingers up there.

If Barker does leave, do we sign another winger instead to replace him?

I very much doubt it keith, he hasn't made the squad in the last 3 games (someone said he didn't even travel to Stoke) and we have our own player Ginnelly who also hasn't made a squad yet who I would prefer we use ahead of him. Robinson is also about 5 weeks away from a return.

Potts----------Maguire
Barkhuizen---Barkhuizen
Nmecha-------Ginnelly/ Walker

Realistically with nothing to play for, do we need another one?

Can't work on the basis that we might have another major injury crisis because that's the worst i've ever known at PNE.

Good move for him that, gain some playing experience. A move like that worked for Hugill so who knows. Good luck fellah.

No more business per Dave Seddon. No takers for O’Connor and Crowe. No recall of Barker by Man City.