PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will be go back for S Sinclair from Celtic would be a great signing till end of season. Not in the team a present & contract runs or in the summer

People saying 'our keeper is okay' and pretty much saying he'll do frustrate me. He's improved this season, yes. But he's arguably our weakest link in the team. He has had a couple of bad dos already this season, Millwall away and Reading away are two that he should have done much better with.

I'd be inclined to go in for Pontus Dahlberg at Watford. Highly rated Swedish keeper, big lad at 6' 3" and has represented Sweden at U17 up to the first team. It was no secret in the summer that AN wanted a new keeper and imo, it's somewhere we should be looking to strengthen in January.

People saying 'our keeper is okay' and pretty much saying he'll do frustrate me. He's improved this season, yes. But he's arguably our weakest link in the team. He has had a couple of bad dos already this season, Millwall away and Reading away are two that he should have done much better with.

I'd be inclined to go in for Pontus Dahlberg at Watford. Highly rated Swedish keeper, big lad at 6' 3" and has represented Sweden at U17 up to the first team. It was no secret in the summer that AN wanted a new keeper and imo, it's somewhere we should be looking to strengthen in January.

It wouldn't surprise me if we look at Kieran O'Hara, Man Utd goalkeeper currently on loan at Burton.

He's doing well for them at the moment keeping clean sheets and making big saves on a regular basis, and recently made his debut for Ireland.

He's 23 and has experience throughout the leagues after several loans. Realistically he isn't going to make it at United so I reckon if we made a bid to buy him we'd stand a decent chance.

He may well be, but where is he in the pecking order? Has he had game time this season?
He hasn't had game time at the champions league holders and PL leaders. He'd easily get a lot of game time for any PL club outside the top 6 and probably a few clubs who are in the big 6. Ridiculous suggestion.

Reactions: OB1
He hasn't had game time at the champions league holders and PL leaders. He'd easily get a lot of game time for any PL club outside the top 6 and probably a few clubs who are in the big 6. Ridiculous suggestion.
And three quarters of Europe

It wouldn't surprise me if we look at Kieran O'Hara, Man Utd goalkeeper currently on loan at Burton.

He's doing well for them at the moment keeping clean sheets and making big saves on a regular basis, and recently made his debut for Ireland.

He's 23 and has experience throughout the leagues after several loans. Realistically he isn't going to make it at United so I reckon if we made a bid to buy him we'd stand a decent chance.

I’m lost as to why people continuously think Rudd needs replacing. He has done really well this season, we are second, he has conceded less this season thus far. I think he is at least as good as any other keeper in this division. If we are goIng to strengthen, goalkeeper would not be a priority in my view.

Spot on.

Bristol City was the worst IMO, he was awful from start to finish.

Every keeper will make a mistake every now and then, but we need a more confident and commanding keeper, not a nervous wreck. Not coming for that ball on Saturday in the 1st half just summed him up, the defence and crowd went ballistic.

The debate in this has gone on and on and on, and I don’t want to sound too repetitive about it, but it’s absolutely the key signing we have to make in January. More important than a striker IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.