PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are in or close to play offs come January, with the current squad, this will be the best opportunity we have had for years. The question is (with his business head on) will TH provide AN with funds he feels he needs to strengthen for the final push? If not I fear we will lose AN, BP and BD and we will go backwards big time.

We need strengthening whether we are close to the play offs or not.. Striker without doubt. Possibly a GK depending on how Dec does up until then. And possibly a left back, depending on how josh does at Bolton.. Personally feel that JE will come back in Jan really benefitting from his loan. Although I don't actually think left back will end up being his strongest position.. Probably LCH.

If we are in or close to play offs come January, with the current squad, this will be the best opportunity we have had for years. The question is (with his business head on) will TH provide AN with funds he feels he needs to strengthen for the final push? If not I fear we will lose AN, BP and BD and we will go backwards big time.
Thanks for the optimism. Can we not just enjoy being 3rd in the table for a bit, please?

Wouldn’t it be great if we could sign one of them strikers who’s mere mention of his name puts fear into the hearts of the opposition, I guess that we are a long way off that but maybe it would be worth trying for a more experienced Prem junior?

A striker and left back, dependent on fitness of Hughes and Earl.
Then it would depend on leavers.

The main problem we've got at the moment is a lack of cover at full-back with Rafferty basically second choice for both sides. So, a left-back/return of Earl.

Clarke has been a warrior but it looks like he's not going to be reliably fit enough to offer much now as right back cover.

Striker - may be a hard case to make with Hemmings if the goals are still going in at the rate they have so far. Can't see what a winger would be for - we don't play with them.

Keeper - if a good opportunity presents itself then yes.

Would Hemmings go for it? I hope that the penny has dropped and he's realised the only hope of recouping a significant sum of his losses over the years is to go out of this division upwards. Hanging about waiting for a buyer to pay the sort of money he's expecting is madness.

I can't remember but have we been in or around the Play Off spots before in January under Trevor?
If so, did he invest?
I bet we know the answer.

Full backs and striker, but I'm realistic so we'll sell Davies and Pearson.
Be grateful and get on with it.!

I'd ask the question if we were there or there abouts what positions would we need to strengthen?

Striker, full back and winger I would say but we have good depth in our squad.
IMO any signings in January would need to be better than we have and bought to go straight into the starting eleven. We have arguably the strongest squad for many years. No point buying for the future, i.e., Bayliss. If we lose Davies the priority would be a left footed centre back.

I would much prefer that if any of our players come on this site they would see comments that show faith in the squad that we have got. I for one believe that not many clubs in the Championship relish the idea of playing us at the moment, we are playing well and getting the points and we do have strength in depth.. All the squad will improve as the season goes on so I say ,show a little faith in what we have got. I have seen some good and some very poor teams in my 72years as a supporter and this current lot are going to be up there with the best.

I would much prefer that if any of our players come on this site they would see comments that show faith in the squad that we have got. I for one believe that not many clubs in the Championship relish the idea of playing us at the moment, we are playing well and getting the points and we do have strength in depth.. All the squad will improve as the season goes on so I say ,show a little faith in what we have got. I have seen some good and some very poor teams in my 72years as a supporter and this current lot are going to be up there with the best.
Excellent thoughts and I agree totally. Why on eart some of players right now?

I dont know what it is with PNE fans.

Yes to strengthening back ups but other than that why?

If any of the players come on this forum which I'm sure they must do from time to time, I'd imagine they think that for most of the time we're a bunch of smacked arses as soon as things aren't going well.

Left back. Striker. Keeper is a good one is available on loan.

The squad will also need trimming a bit too in certain positions probably.

January.

New contracts for those with 6 months left.

Rudd
Gallagher
Bodin.

New contracts for those with 18 months left.

Pearson
Browne
Davies
DJ
Harrop
Maguire.

Far far more important than any new players arriving as we 100% know what these players can do and that they 100% fit into the entire Club / Team ethics of Alex Neil.

Status
Not open for further replies.