PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January

Status
Not open for further replies.
He cost us two points actually - but made several saves against Middlesbrough which gained us a point (people seem to conveniently forget this.)

He also got blamed for the goal against Leeds - which was ludicrous considering it was nothing to do with him.

Yes the manager want's an upgrade but people like yourself seem to be getting confused into thinking that Rudd is bad. He isn't bad at all just maybe not the perfect keeper we all would like.

He's cost us two goals and you're making out like he's the worst keeper you've ever seen. We are second and fans are still slating our players. That to me is very low and pathetic.
Eh? Not sure how you’ve come to that conclusion. He’s an average Championship goalkeeper with a tendency to let shots straight through his hands.

Eh? Not sure how you’ve come to that conclusion. He’s an average Championship goalkeeper with a tendency to let shots straight through his hands.

Unlike Butland who is a multi million pound Premiership goalkeeper who also lets shots through his hands......in fact I think I’ve seen most Championship keepers make mistakes...

Unlike Butland who is a multi million pound Premiership goalkeeper who also lets shots through his hands......
I’m still not really getting your point. Butland is having an absolute stinker of a season, I wouldn’t want him either in this form. However with Rudd it’s not just the goals that he should stop, it’s the constantly being glued to his line at corners and when the ball is played over the top. Off the top of my head he’s been bollocked 4 times in the last 5 games by members of his own defence.

I’m still not really getting your point. Butland is having an absolute stinker of a season, I wouldn’t want him either in this form. However with Rudd it’s not just the goals that he should stop, it’s the constantly being glued to his line at corners and when the ball is played over the top. Off the top of my head he’s been bollocked 4 times in the last 5 games by members of his own defence.

I don’t think you will ever get my point, you have decided Rudd isn’t good enough, end of, and that we can just pick up another keeper for little money who will be perfect and error free. Why didn’t I think of that........well who did you have in mind then..........

And did you notice on Saturday that Fisher bollocked Bauer for a mistake, perhaps you would like him replacing too.....

I don’t think you will ever get my point, you have decided Rudd isn’t good enough, end of, and that we can just pick up another keeper for little money who will be perfect and error free. Why didn’t I think of that........well who did you have in mind then..........

And did you notice on Saturday that Fisher bollocked Bauer for a mistake, perhaps you would like him replacing too.....
Seems not. I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree and I’ll trust the manager on this one.

Seems not. I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree and I’ll trust the manager on this one.

But I would still like to know who you have on your list as a replacement as you are so critical of Rudd........however I guess you won’t have an answer ..........

We will probably sign one or two players 'for the future' in January. We shouldn't see this as anything other than continuing a successful policy. It will not mean the new recruits are there to fire us into the prem this season.
As regards more immediate signings, it's rather difficult. A 20 goal a season striker probably won't be available. If one is then their wages would probably be outside our wage policy and paying them would disrupt morale in the camp, and as we know morale and team spirit at this point in time are excellent. I'm not sure where we'd find an upgrade on Rudd who would be available.
This is what I expect. It's also what I think is probably best for us as a club. Keep signing the next Hugill/Robinson/Johnson/Pearson. Hopefully also pick up a McGeady/Beckford to fire us over the line. But if the right player isn't available then stick with what we have and keep fighting.

But I would still like to know who you have on your list as a replacement as you are so critical of Rudd........however I guess you won’t have an answer ..........
I didn't have Beckford, McGeady, Pickford or Johnstone on my list when we got them, presumably we should have stuck with what we had

I totally agree with what the manager and advisor have said in the last week or so. We should always be looking to improve and you get left behind and go backwards if you don't.

The idea that we can't improve upon certain players in the team is ludicrous.

Failing to strengthen when in a good position and strike when the iron is hot is something that has cost this club dearly in the past.

I didn't have Beckford, McGeady, Pickford or Johnstone on my list when we got them, presumably we should have stuck with what we had

Beckford and McGeady were shit keepers, and the other 2 were only borrows......we had to give them back....

I totally agree with what the manager and advisor have said in the last week or so. We should always be looking to improve and you get left behind and go backwards if you don't.

The idea that we can't improve upon certain players in the team is ludicrous.

Failing to strengthen when in a good position and strike when the iron is hot is something that has cost this club dearly in the past.

I totally agree, but that means in ANY position and whenever an upgrade becomes available, it doesn’t mean criticising any player who is currently doing a good job in a successful team when you haven’t yet found a new player is pointless.

but that means in ANY position

When a finite amount of money is available to strengthen the squad, it needs to be put towards areas in which the club feel we are weak or improvement is definitely required, not towards signing players in any position. The club will go into the window with certain positions in mind and strengthen those accordingly, not a list of players in random positions who might improve us.

whenever an upgrade becomes available

There's a balance to be had here. To an extent you're right in that the players we want have to be available, but we also can't sit on our hands waiting for things to fall into our laps. I think ideally we need to strike early in January and do our business with 1-2 early deals if possible. I'm not sure we tend to do good business late on in windows.

it doesn’t mean criticising any player who is currently doing a good job in a successful team when you haven’t yet found a new player is pointless.

Posters are entitled to think a certain player isn't doing a good enough job in a promotion chasing side. Without differing opinions this forum would be incredibly boring.

“When a finite amount of money is available to strengthen the squad, it needs to be put towards areas in which the club feel we are weak or improvement is definitely required, not towards signing players in any position. The club will go into the window with certain positions in mind and strengthen those accordingly, not a list of players in random positions who might improve us.”

Not necessarily, if the right player at the right price becomes available then the club will probably sign them.

“There's a balance to be had here. To an extent you're right in that the players we want have to be available, but we also can't sit on our hands waiting for things to fall into our laps. I think ideally we need to strike early in January and do our business with 1-2 early deals if possible. I'm not sure we tend to do good business late on in windows.”

Every team in the Championship seems to be looking for a keeper and a goalscorer, or so there fans say, not rocket science is it. Improving any position however is positive, or in these days improving the squad.

“Posters are entitled to think a certain player isn't doing a good enough job in a promotion chasing side. Without differing opinions this forum would be incredibly boring.”

That is very subjective, maybe you could say Pearson needs replacing because his disciplinary record is appalling, he doesn’t score enough goals, and his aerial ability isn’t good enough. Everyone has their faults.

My point is about unnecessary criticism, it’s as though the whingers have to find a fault somewhere to have a moan about, Rudd has made some fantastic saves, how many times do you see posters congratulating him on those, but one mistake and people are on him like a ton of bricks. Look how many he’s let in etc., why not comment about forwards missing easy chances, they are all guilty of that. Rudd recieves far too much criticism because fans focus in the goalkeeper.

Come on fellas, second in the league, best home record, great defensive record away from home, Rudd is part of that success, back off with the criticism and let’s see a few more positive posts.

To get past Rudd the opposing team has first of all managed to get past 10 outfield players.

Both really.
First I agree. Second or third no chance. Two players are
Getting free headers at set pieces. Blaming Rudd for them goals is just like the idiots who blamed him for the Leeds and Barnsley goals. He’ll get blamed for brexit next.

Unlike Butland who is a multi million pound Premiership goalkeeper who also lets shots through his hands......in fact I think I’ve seen most Championship keepers make mistakes...

I saw Keiron Westwood make 2 big errors at the weekend costing Sheff Wednesday points. He was at fault for both goals. Butland has had stinkers, Muric binned after 2 games, Bentley did a Maxwell the other week etc...

They all make them, certainly not just Rudd, but the ones Rudd make tend to be similar - either a flap at a cross or weak hands i.e. getting his hands on it but not stopping it. Is that something that can be worked on?

Status
Not open for further replies.