PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Jason Jarrett

Apologies as this will no doubt have been covered but have been away on holiday.
Why no Jason Jarrett against Southampton?
Injured or dropped? Does anyone know?

Re: Jason Jarrett

tonypaley said:
Apologies as this will no doubt have been covered but have been away on holiday.
Why no Jason Jarrett against Southampton?
Injured or dropped? Does anyone know?

Dropped.

IMHO he has been very poor so far this season and Simpson rightly gave Sedgewick a chance in the centre.

tg

Not even on the bench either though . . .

Mmmm I think that's interesting. Simpson said he was going to drop players who he didn't think we're performing so he's carrying out that threat.
Sedgwick deserved his chance by all accounts though I watched the highlights yesterday and felt he should have done better with that chance in the 1st half . . .

thegooooooooooch said:
IMHO he has been very poor so far this season and Simpson rightly gave Sedgewick a chance in the centre.

Cant argue with that. BUT he has been no worse than McKenna but think we all know out of the 2 he would drop.

Stock still not physically up to it?

I think Jarrett has done well this season. He didn't do well against Norwich but I thought he was good against Port Vale and Wolves. He is an essential part of our team.

Daniel B. said:
I think Jarrett has done well this season. He didn't do well against Norwich but I thought he was good against Port Vale and Wolves. He is an essential part of our team.

McKenna and Jarret do bascially the same job. However, if we don't have O'Neil fit, then we need a holding midfielder, and McKenna does this job better than Jarret. The other midfield man should be able to link up the midfield to the strikers, which is what Jarret can do well at times, but his passing is woeful, unlike Stock, or Nowland in the future.

to be fair, we've got a very strong midfield (when all fit). JJ does go through hot and cold games.

Luckily when Nowland/O'Neill is back. We can use him in the matches that he should excel in. What those are, I don't know :)

Jarrett's only good game has been Wolves. He's been poor every other game this season (though only slightly worse than McKenna)

I have to agree with San-J here, in that we need one defence minded midfielder and one attack minded. McKenna is better defensivey than Jarrett, and JJ's passing is so poor that he can't be relied on as an attacking option either.

Stock is sh1te. A very bad dwarf signing if ever there was one, or more than one!!!!

We are stuck with Kenna, Jarrett and Sedge for now.

Hunter, went near Stade Rennais ground yesterday, however club shop was closed!!!!!!

Stock can hit a pass, and shoot from range. Jarrett can't. I know who I want linking midfield to attack.

I think I'm just gonna have to keep checking eBay in the hope of finding my particular shirt. They don't seem to be available anywhere else!

What are you doing on here when on holiday anyway Bhagwan?

Got back late Saturday night. We went through Rennes on Saturday morning very early.

It was ok though. consumed vast amounts of 33 Export though. 7 Euros for 24 x 25 cl bottles!!!!

Rude not to at that price Bhaggers.

I had to stump up 10 quid for a pint of Pimms whilst slumming it at Lords recently. Still, the ticket was free.

Jarrett is a terribly frustrating player IMO. The reason he blows hot n cold is cos he trys things that are above his ability level, sometimes they come off and he looks good but most of the time not.
For me Nowland is the answer to our prayers. He's a free-scoring midfielder who is comfortable on the ball, works hard and doesn't try to put the ball through the eye of a needle everytime he's in possession.
As for Stock, he's too similar to McKenna for me but I definately rate him.

I think he's very different to Mckenna.

Miles less combative, but seemingly more likely to break into the box.

I don't think he's up to it personally. Let's face it, Winchester has hardly proved to be an ideal breeding ground for a footballer has it ?

Yeah they're different. Stock is what McKenna wanted to be I think, but he turned into a scrapper- like Steve McManaman when he went to Real Madrid.

Stock doesn't have the physical edge to his game- he really doesn't seem like a Davies type of player. He was a class act in league 1 though, and I think he's got the technical ability to be just as good in this league.

Bhagwan Harcastle said:
Hunter, went near Stade Rennais ground yesterday, however club shop was closed!!!!!!

Drove past Reims new ground taking shape on Saturday gav. Nice design, but smaller than Deepdale. Ringroad goes right past it on way to Burgundy/Switzerland.

Oh, sorry lost the thread for a mo; Did I mention that (IMHO) Sedgwick is absolutely shite wherever he plays?

I rate Jarrett and with a good run in the side he could be more effective than McKenna, whose form for the past 12 months has been poor.

Nowland is the key to us creating more, altho Stock is a great unknown until he too gets a decent run.

Sedgwick, tho, has had a decent run in the team. He just hasn't managed to have one down the wing as yet.

The only positive I can say for McKenna is that he scraps and tackles well.

Sedgwick works hard, I like him as a player, but he's never going to be a really dangerous winger. If we got the chance to sell him, I'd take it.