PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Jayden Stockley and second unnamed player tests positive for coronavirus (Updated 02/06/20)

Just in case anybody's forgotten who he is or what he looks like...

_112567666_gettyimages-1199592390.jpg
Now, now Sid. Play nice.

I‘m not convinced the BBC are right, it did seem strange that those who are asymptomatic had to isolate for longer than those with symptoms. The EFL protocols contain the following screenshot. It reads to me that he would be tested at 7 and 10 days and if both are negative he can return to training.

View attachment 774
Yeah, that makes Stockley's "a week or two" spot-on. (y)

SHOULD be safe for fellow PNE players as social distancing has taken place so far during training. It is when social distancing in training ends due to June 20th matches approaching that the real danger occurs. Tests are just a snapshot in time, you can be shown not to have the virus but 10 minutes later contract the virus. Imagine the scenario whereby a player tests as OK, goes into a training session or a match and then on the next test proves positive. Surely then whole squads will have to self isolate if one other participant also proves positive on the next test. I warned of this kind of thing on a thread of mine a few weeks back. You cannot play a contact sport until social distancing is no longer necessary. It is not safe to do so!

SHOULD be safe for fellow PNE players as social distancing has taken place so far during training. It is when social distancing in training ends due to June 20th matches approaching that the real danger occurs. Tests are just a snapshot in time, you can be shown not to have the virus but 10 minutes later contract the virus. Imagine the scenario whereby a player tests as OK, goes into a training session or a match and then on the next test proves positive. Surely then whole squads will have to self isolate if one other participant also proves positive on the next test. I warned of this kind of thing on a thread of mine a few weeks back. You cannot play a contact sport until social distancing is no longer necessary. It is not safe to do so!

Once the bandwagon starts it will be interesting what it will take for it to stop if/when teams might be impacted to varying degrees with infection. And if youre a 'smaller' club ???

Have they said there will actually be a ban on stuff like players spitting and celebrating goals with hugs etc? We all know you can't really play footy without spitting and getting rid of phlegm that gets clogged in your lungs as you run about so much. Will they actually be giving red and yellow cards for any players that do it?

Have they said there will actually be a ban on stuff like players spitting and celebrating goals with hugs etc? We all know you can't really play footy without spitting and getting rid of phlegm that gets clogged in your lungs as you run about so much. Will they actually be giving red and yellow cards for any players that do it?

Frank Rijkaard would have had great difficulty playing if he'd been denied the possibility of gozzing copiously into Rudi Vollers perm.

Last edited:
Tweet has been taken down. Someone may have jumped the gun

EDIT: A new one has gone up. Club should say something if true otherwise business as usual

Last edited:
If it is Rudd I would hope for an emergency loan window to open for players from the same or higher divisions so that we can get someone in that isn't Ripley

Also worth bearing in mind that the protocols don’t say the whole squad has to isolate. Unless of course they’ve spent 15 minutes with8n 2 metres of each other or embracing!

A positive test would presumably mean a 7 day isolation before a return on June 9th...so still over a week before season.

As I said elsewhere, the ‘journalist‘ in The Mail has got this one wrong, If I, a random bloke in Preston, can find the EFL guidance, why can’t a journalist?

Because the Daily Mail don't do research.