JK and PSG/Future of Gentry Day (Off Topic)

6pence

Youth Team
You and Kingy should organise it going forward.

Obviously my criteria system needs refining.

Maybe things like availability of plastic pint pots to chuck would be a more relevant metric?

We could also add things like the likely sun position, orientation of the pitch, the angle of the roof, smoke dispersion options, colour of seats, whether we will play in Yellow, parking availability for 30 buses etc...

If we are not careful we are going to actually be back to having someone like JK having to sit with a committee like PSG and liaise with other clubs to choose a date.

Sid Snot

Manager - East Cheam FC
Patron
Obviously my criteria system needs refining.

Maybe things like availability of plastic pint pots to chuck would be a more relevant metric?

We could also add things like the likely sun position, orientation of the pitch, the angle of the roof, smoke dispersion options, colour of seats, whether we will play in Yellow, parking availability for 30 buses etc...

If we are not careful we are going to actually be back to having someone like JK having to sit with a committee like PSG and liaise with other clubs to choose a date.

I second that ;)

It's virtually impossible to communicate with those who have their heads stuck so far up their arses and have never volunteered for anything in their lives, the difficulty and time consumption involved in Gentry Day. Sometimes I despair!!

OP
Nobber

Nobber

Forum Patron
Patron
I'm not banging on about how badly the PSG have been treated cha. Or should that read trying to stair up trouble?

I have no idea who the PSG are, I have never been to a 'theme' game they have organised, and I really don't give a fuck if they fold or not.

What I did find funny was you trying to shame Adi Dassler (just because he knows WIBG) and being shot down in flames in spectacular fashion.:)
Of course he did mate, of course he did......

Oh and that wasn't my intention at all, I actually think that is the first time I have ever asked Dassler a question. What I asked was a totally valid question. You need to stop being so paranoid and making nothing into a drama.... Spectacular fashion, ha ha :eek:

I must stop 'stairing'........

WIBG

Banned
I think its important that someone replaces JK. I nominate WIBG. The lad says it as it is, talks sense and by his own admission he is very popular amongst his peers. Its hardly an arduous task. Pick a fixture, tell the club and put it on here. 5 minute job. Done. Over to you, cha.

Cheers mate.

Big shoes to fill as JK has done an excellent job over the years.

But I'm more than happy to fill these shoes and put my name forward and as I've intimated there maybe some important announcements in the coming months.

Watch this space.

MOSSYPNE

Advisor to the owner.

Oh and that wasn't my intention at all, I actually think that is the first time I have ever asked Dassler a question. What I asked was a totally valid question. You need to stop being so paranoid and making nothing into a drama.... Spectacular fashion, ha ha :eek:

OK cha, if you say so.:)

billymac

Forum Patron
Patron

OK cha, if you say so.:)

I do Mossy, I do.

So off you trot, go make some lies elsewhere darling.

Cha

:eek:

As you say bud.:)

why don't you two bell ringers just shut the fuck up and take this futile points scoring shit somewhere else, if there was a decent mod in the house these and other similar post would be fucked off along with both of them.

MOSSYPNE

Advisor to the owner.
why don't you two bell ringers just shut the fuck up and take this futile points scoring shit somewhere else, if there was a decent mod in the house these and other similar post would be fucked off along with both of them.

Well said Bill.

OP
Nobber

Nobber

Forum Patron
Patron

You missed off the first post that I was replying to Bill.

One of our own

Youth Team

No need for mod bashing I think they do a good job......

If that was the case then I think you'd also be one for the high jump to..... along with several others.... possibly me ?

Strongbow

Forum Patron
Patron
So WIBG & Adi Dassler it is then ....

1st question : With my rather large cone shaped head will it be alright to paint my hair with Matt black ranch paint and use an old style black council house toilet seat as a substitute for a bowler on Gentry day in Barnsley ?

dirk pnemouse

Youth Team
If its come down to squabbling then use the forum , Sir Tom day is a home celebration and in November -December each year put a poll up with all the remaining away fixtures of the new year and let folk vote , its a good cross representation of folk on here so use the resources at your fingertips here for a democratic solution . Its not difficult is it and not worth squabbling , go with the majority decision and accept , I'm sure people are capable of bringing there own balloons and bowler hats and once the club knows what choice was made they will with a bit of luck support you with concessions with travel or match day prices . simple now stop fighting and accept the new way .

Sorry for the rant but it really is that simple

WIBG

Banned
If its come down to squabbling then use the forum , Sir Tom day is a home celebration and in November -December each year put a poll up with all the remaining away fixtures of the new year and let folk vote , its a good cross representation of folk on here so use the resources at your fingertips here for a democratic solution . Its not difficult is it and not worth squabbling , go with the majority decision and accept , I'm sure people are capable of bringing there own balloons and bowler hats and once the club knows what choice was made they will with a bit of luck support you with concessions with travel or match day prices . simple now stop fighting and accept the new way .

Sorry for the rant but it really is that simple

Get your tin hat on Dirk, you're not allowed to say things like that!

I think a lot of fuss is being made out of nothing, like you say, some sort of poll could be run and a decision made from that. It's always going to be in the second half of the season, and on a Saturday, so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.

dirk pnemouse

Youth Team
Get your tin hat on Dirk, you're not allowed to say things like that!

I think a lot of fuss is being made out of nothing, like you say, some sort of poll could be run and a decision made from that. It's always going to be in the second half of the season, and on a Saturday, so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.

I've just tried to offer a solution in truth and i find if people are involved with selection and decision making they will show more interest .

6pence

Youth Team
I've just tried to offer a solution in truth and i find if people are involved with selection and decision making they will show more interest .

Then decide that the whole system stinks and needs overthrowing ;)

For me this has to consider factors that most of us (myself included) would not even think of when deciding where we would like Gentry Day to be.

The key should be having a Gentry Day, not where it is.

dirk pnemouse

Youth Team
Then decide that the whole system stinks and needs overthrowing ;)

For me this has to consider factors that most of us (myself included) would not even think of when deciding where we would like Gentry Day to be.

The key should be having a Gentry Day, not where it is.

And if it clashes with a home game ? i see no problem in it being demacratic decision mate

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
And if it clashes with a home game ? i see no problem in it being demacratic decision mate

There's been stuff mentioned in the past about concerns from the club and police about where Gentry Day is held, something I'm sure JK etc. in the past got involved with and sorted. Sticking a poll up on here wouldn't be the best way IMO. You'd end up with some voting who have no intention of even going.