John Parkin

Lord Edgington

Forum Patron
Patron
That's a bit harsh Edgy, he had some good performances for PNE.

It's a long running saga I'm afraid
Just one of those players I never warmed to
For me the novelty of his size was as good as it got
A good talent ?
Probably
But a journeyman as I said - due to a complete lack of consistency
The emperors new clothes for me I'm afraid

Henrys Cat

Forum Patron
Patron
Scored all his goals for PNE in the Championship as well. Certainly never let anyone down at North End and deserves more credit than being judged as "a journeyman". He scored 28 goals for PNE in 100 appearances.

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
If your happy to remember a player on the strength of one game then fair play
Opinion respected

My statements "Good player" and "Disagree entirely" rather indicate that I was not judging based on a single game.

Perhaps you've been watching too many politicians recently... ignoring all the evidence of someone else's statements... and then just picking on one bit, and twisting it to make it fit your agenda.

Poor show!

Lord Edgington

Forum Patron
Patron
My statements "Good player" and "Disagree entirely" rather indicate that I was not judging based on a single game.

Perhaps you've been watching too many politicians recently... ignoring all the evidence of someone else's statements... and then just picking on one bit, and twisting it to make it fit your agenda.

Poor show!

Fair point
Regardless 1
edgy 0
That's a drop of eight points in the polls
Ps
I still don't rate him!!!!

deany

Forum Patron
Patron
Good player Parkin.
bags of talent, just born in the wrong era. he could have got away with his lifestyle choices in earlier days and been more successful in the game than he has been.

LostinSpace

PNE Exile
Patron
Good player Parkin.
bags of talent, just born in the wrong era. he could have got away with his lifestyle choices in earlier days and been more successful in the game than he has been.

Good point, I'd never thought of him like that. He could've been a legend and house hold name in the 70's. I wonder how he would've coped against the likes of Bremner and Rudduck? :)

Durutti

Manager
A very decent striker for us who performed consistently when many around him regularly didn't. People were too fixated on his size

A much better striker than Neil Fucking Shithouse Mellor ever was for us anyway.

Paul Weller

First Team
Good point, I'd never thought of him like that. He could've been a legend and house hold name in the 70's. I wonder how he would've coped against the likes of Bremner and Rudduck? :)

Bremner, late 60s and early 70s, Ruddock 90s, your mention of players hardly covers the years, the range of ability or the range of opposition,

sf

Forum Patron
Patron
Parkin was a good player for us, solid 10-12 goal a season man.

Scored some great goals for us, that chip when we beat Colchester 7-0 springs to mind.