PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

John Terry: £150,000 per week.

and did his mum and auntie not get done for shop lifting a while ago. What a pair of $ankers

He'd be on even more if he'd have joined us on loan a few years back!!

He's worth what people are prepared to pay for him. It just shows the twisted priorities of today's society. I wish someone thought I was worth that much - I wouldn't turn it down either!

He's worth what people are prepared to pay for him. It just shows the twisted priorities of today's society. I wish someone thought I was worth that much - I wouldn't turn it down either!

It also illustrates just how much SKY pay the Prem.Clubs ->
............................how much the Advertisers pay SKY ->
How much the manufacturers pay for their Advertising ->

AND ULTIMATELY ->

How much % of the product price goes on the Advertising..........

So effectively - everyone who buys summat that's advertised on SKY helps pays those Premierships Players Wages.

It also illustrates just how much SKY pay the Prem.Clubs ->
............................how much the Advertisers pay SKY ->
How much the manufacturers pay for their Advertising ->

AND ULTIMATELY ->

How much % of the product price goes on the Advertising..........

So effectively - everyone who buys summat that's advertised on SKY helps pays those Premierships Players Wages.

The soluton is simple: All football fans stop watching sky

Are you simply grumbling at the subscription level - or seeng the Bigger picture of IMO the Ludicrously out-of-proportion Wages for these Prima Donnas ; which added to it - the encouraging of Elitism of both the top Football Clubs and their Fans - to the detriment of attendances at the other 90 - odd Professional Clubs........

Anyone who has SKY are helping to keep premier league teams afloat. FACT..
they are also keeping championship teams afloat but to a smaller degree.

Anyone who has SKY are helping to keep premier league teams afloat. FACT..
they are also keeping championship teams afloat but to a smaller degree.

They are not keeping anyone afloat. Without SKY, someone else would step in and charge just as much.

they earn this much because people are willing to pay a certain level of cash to watch them.

" They are not keeping anyone afloat. Without SKY, someone else would step in and charge just as much."

SKY has no competitors. The last, relatively feeble attempt to 'challlenge' them was the
'Squarial' thing - which SKY swallowed up into BskyB . You can't suggest suggest Virgin are a SERIOUS competitor, any more that Sentanta are....

SKY outbids its competitors to get the Cricket, 90% of the Tennnis, Most of the Premiership,
etc etc .

If the BBC would rather put the Licence Payers money into 'soaps' & Cookery & House
purchasing programmes - that's their perogative - but because they ca't get any External
(advertising ) revenue, they can't use any of that revenue to pay the wages of John Terry
in the same way that his wages come from SKY

-------------

" they earn this much because people are willing to pay a certain level of cash to watch them."

The people have no other channels or companies to choose that show these sports - because SKY are bidding against companies like the BBC - which are restricted in the way I've mentionend above.