Harrop
Maguire
DJ
Ledson
Fisher
Moult
Nugent (then release in 2021).

Full list of expiry dates here.
https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/transfer-window-overview-january-2020.3429516/
I'd offer Simpson one last chance to impress with a loan at a club that actually will play him, Gally and Clarke will probably be too old to push on next year if we fail to get promoted and will leave as legends imo
Bodin I'd bin off, Huntington as much as I like him, probably time for a younger CB to come in and I'd keep Hughes on to let Earl go on loan again (if the club still see him as a future LB)
Ledson can probably go for me, unlucky that it's never really fallen his way but not done much for us and a bit harsh on Moult as at times he looks like he could've been the man but too injury prone

kingpne

Forum Patron
Patron
I'd offer Simpson one last chance to impress with a loan at a club that actually will play him, Gally and Clarke will probably be too old to push on next year if we fail to get promoted and will leave as legends imo
Bodin I'd bin off, Huntington as much as I like him, probably time for a younger CB to come in and I'd keep Hughes on to let Earl go on loan again (if the club still see him as a future LB)
Ledson can probably go for me, unlucky that it's never really fallen his way but not done much for us and a bit harsh on Moult as at times he looks like he could've been the man but too injury prone
Firstly, you have to earn a contract. What has Simpson done to do so?

Secondly, it could have been 'time for a younger CB' when Storey came in, and he's not had a look in this season and is below Huntington in the pecking order. Hunts is a better CB than Storey at this moment in time.

Thirdly, I agree regarding Ledson. If we can recoup the small fee we paid for him, I'd be happy with that.

sf

Advisor to the Owner
Huntington is the only player i'd keep out of the ones in bold once their contracts expire but I think he'll want to move on.

Hughes maybe if he can get back to last season's form and is happy being second fiddle to a new signing.

Question marks over Storey too, shown nothing since his initial breakthrough which seems a long time ago, 23 in a few months, needs to improve dramatically to stand a chance here.

Think that says a lot for our backup, after our first eleven, it's just not good enough.

Neil works wonders with this squad.

Lee Trundle

Advisor to the Owner
Goodbye to...

Crowe (OoC)
Simpson (OoC)
O'Connor (OoC)

Question Marks Over...
Clarke (OoC)
Gally (OoC) keep.
Hudson (OoC)

1 Year Left, Bin Off...
Burke.

One Year Left, Decision Time...
Bodin
Huntington
Hughes

One Year Left, Keep
Davies
Browne
Pearson
Harrop
Maguire
DJ
Ledson
Fisher
Moult
Nugent (then release in 2021).

Full list of expiry dates here.
https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/transfer-window-overview-january-2020.3429516/
Maguire, Harrop, Ledson, Moult and Nugent would all be off before the 'decision time' group if it were my call. Moult, who I rate (got his shirt n all) is coming off the back of an awful injury, and struggled to stay fit before that anyway.

Not sure if I have any time left for Harrop unfortunately. He's been one of our highest paid players since he signed and is 24 years old, really not a kid anymore. If we could get him to renew for cheap, I wouldnt be upset, as he does have a very impressive strike rate given his limited involvement in games.

Maguire is washed, consistently shit for 2 years. Doesnt score, doesnt create, dispossessed very frequently.

Hughes & Hunts should be solid backups, and Bodin is a winger who can actually beat a man, unlike any of our other wide men. That said, his fitness is appalling and I wouldnt be particularly upset if he moved on.

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
Bodin and Moult are tricky ones because whilst they've shown occassional flashes of quality, during the majority of their playing time they've looked average.

Their injuries records are also very bad. They've been here over 2 years now and both have never been able to last a run of games.

I wouldn't be in a rush to offload them but I also wouldn't be pinning our hopes on them returning to fitness and proving to be the difference for us.

sf

Advisor to the Owner
Bodin is shit, has a five minute spell when it looks like he might do something each game and dives for a few penalties.

JFK-1

Manager

Life changing move... think that rules us out.
Lyle Taylor has been linked with Rangers for weeks if not months. Allegedly interested in linking up with his old Charlton team mate Joe Aribo and wants a chance to play in Europe. Or so the papers said.

ZeusHam

Manager
I'd keep Simpson. Loaning him to a tinpot club like Accrington was never a good move in hindsight.

Clarke, Crowe, O'Connor, Burke, Bodin, Hughes all tossed out. Clarke and Gally SHOULD stick around as coaches but I suspect only Gally will.

Sell Harrop, Ledson and Moult IF properly replaced with quality. Maybe even DJ if the price is right.
I think you've been drinking too much Lancaster Red, Jesus Christ! Sell DJ? On what basis? He's been one of our top players this season & finally getting that role we've craved under AN. But yeah, let's sell him?!

rem

Forum Patron
Patron
Interesting that PR says that we will see where we are in the summer before considering any transfer activity. EFL or PL.
Significantly he also says that there could be a cap on the number of players you have in a squad.
At the moment we have 27 plus some youngsters.