PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Jose -- Gone

Ando60;n3412714 said:
I think they might go for the cheap option - Carrick.

They already know that they aren't going to win the league and probably not even finish Top 4 so I reckon Carrick for now and Zidane in the summer

Could well be right with Carrick - was trying to look at some odds (difficult from here as UK gambling sites are blocked), but some money has been going on Hiddink. He did a good job at Chelsea in similar circumstances - a safe pair of hands capable of picking up a trophy or two.

Interesting point from Essex about Blanc - ties with the club and very close to Ferguson, if I remember rightly.

Sepp Blatter;n3412724 said:
Interesting point from Essex about Blanc - ties with the club and very close to Ferguson, if I remember rightly.

That is a very good point Sepp.... Fergie will have a major say in who the next appointment is..........

Ando60;n3412728 said:
That is a very good point Sepp.... Fergie will have a major say in who the next appointment is..........

Needs something, because they were painful to watch under Mourinho - I didn't particularly care for Man Utd under Ferguson, but it can't be denied that they played some very good, entertaining football. They need someone who suits the club and will bring the style back - like Klopp at Liverpool.

Ando60;n3412728 said:

That was the very point my b-i-l was making on Sunday when I spoke to him. He reckoned Mourinho would be sacked on Monday and replaced by Laurent Blanc for the rest of the season. Mind you, he is a delusional Manc :) (B-i-l not Blanc that is) :)

I think it will be Laurent Blanc until the end of the season, then they will try for Mauricio Pochettino. Will be hard to get him out of Spurs though.

Ando60;n3412706 said:
My first reaction was Zidane, but then they released a statement saying that they would appoint a caretaker manager for the rest of the season

I reckon it will be Carrick...............

To allow Zidane to learn to speak English

Mourinho wasn’t backed at anywhere near the same pace as Guardiola.

Mourinho was still forced into playing players such as Jones, Rojo, Darmian etc, who he obviously doesn’t rate.

That’s like Guardiola still playing Joe Hart, Mangala, Zabaleta etc... He told the board they needed defenders so they bought 4 new ones for 200M.

Jose wanted Perisic summer 2017 and didn’t get him. He wanted a centre back summer 2018 and didn’t get one.

United are still a winger, a CM and a CB away from a typical Jose Mourinho side. I struggle to see any manager being successful under this board.

kingpne;n3412744 said:
Mourinho wasn’t backed at anywhere near the same pace as Guardiola.

Mourinho was still forced into playing players such as Jones, Rojo, Darmian etc, who he obviously doesn’t rate.

That’s like Guardiola still playing Joe Hart, Mangala, Zabaleta etc... He told the board they needed defenders so they bought 4 new ones for 200M.

Jose wanted Perisic summer 2017 and didn’t get him. He wanted a centre back summer 2018 and didn’t get one.

United are still a winger, a CM and a CB away from a typical Jose Mourinho side. I struggle to see any manager being successful under this board.

He spent over £350m, including £61m on two centre backs and over £50m on two wingers, don't think they've got the squad to be at Liverpool and City's level but Mourinho's the reason they're fighting with Bournemouth and Everton rather than Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs. His arrogance and boring football was always offset by him being a winner, but he looks like he's been left behind by manager's with clear philosophies, can't see him managing a big English club again.Saying that if Woodward is making transfers most would struggle, talk is they're bringing in a director of football, Van Der Sar has done well with Ajax and I think would stand a chance helping a manager turn it round.

Ando60;n3412706 said:
My first reaction was Zidane, but then they released a statement saying that they would appoint a caretaker manager for the rest of the season

I reckon it will be Carrick...............

The BBC website says the interim manager will nt be Carrick or Butt and that the new manager will"understand the philosophy of the club including their attacking tradition". Maybe it will be an ex player.

Delaney;n3412748 said:
He spent over £350m, including £61m on two centre backs and over £50m on two wingers, don't think they've got the squad to be at Liverpool and City's level but Mourinho's the reason they're fighting with Bournemouth and Everton rather than Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs. His arrogance and boring football was always offset by him being a winner, but he looks like he's been left behind by manager's with clear philosophies, can't see him managing a big English club again.Saying that if Woodward is making transfers most would struggle, talk is they're bringing in a director of football, Van Der Sar has done well with Ajax and I think would stand a chance helping a manager turn it round.

I think that's a little unfair to say he's been left behind, given a second place finish only last season? The only thing that's changed from last season is all the other club's have improved significantly (bar Spurs) over the summer. Let's not forget he delivered Champions League football, a Europa League cup, League Cup and very nearly an FA Cup last season. The likes of Poch & Klopp are still yet to win anything 3/4 years on?!

Mourinho's problem is his own frustrations seem to take over, which in turn has now rubbed off on the players who had quite clearly given up playing for him.

It looks likely to be Blanc on a temporary basis until the Summer.

MrHodgeheg123;n3412751 said:
The BBC website says the interim manager will nt be Carrick or Butt and that the new manager will"understand the philosophy of the club including their attacking tradition". Maybe it will be an ex player.

BBC Radio just said Ole Gunnar Solskaer

Arrogant man who needs a long break from the game which he won't be able to come back from at a big club again.
Won't be missed in this household.

Ohnotagain;n3412863 said:
Arrogant man who needs a long break from the game which he won't be able to come back from at a big club again.

He’ll be back at Madrid by the start of next season.

Jack Daniels;n3412695 said:
And this sums up all that is wrong in football - a lazy overpaid over hyped player expressing his player power at the demise of a manager. See Chelsea as another horrible example of player power in recent years.

I hope Keane turns up just to bend Pogbas nose of out joint. With his boot.

Contrast this with the respect shown at City, Liverpool, Tottenham.

Social Media is part of the problem with Football. It should be fairly obvious that all tweets from players accounts are not done directly done by the player. It was clearly done by his management team or the sponsor. Not that Pogba is an innocent party in Man United's failings on the pitch.

It looks like Solskjaer has the job for the rest of the season. I'm presuming waiting until the end of the season to appoint a full time coach/manager is because their 1st choice is at a club i.e. Pochettino

Dirty Harry;n3412818 said:
Is Graham Westley in work? He'd be just the job for United.

If he's not available for some reason then one of the following would do

Neil Warnock
Mark Hughes
Tony Pullis
Steve Bruce
Alan Pardew
or even Sean Dyche because that would arguably fuck 2 clubs up

Ohnotagain;n3412863 said:
On the contrary, mate, I think he will be on the good old managerial merry go round for a good few years yet, probably lurching from one disaster to another at the various big clubs around Europe who are daft enough to hire him.

Jack Daniels;n3412695 said:
And this sums up all that is wrong in football - a lazy overpaid over hyped player expressing his player power at the demise of a manager. See Chelsea as another horrible example of player power in recent years.

I hope Keane turns up just to bend Pogbas nose of out joint. With his boot.

Contrast this with the respect shown at City, Liverpool, Tottenham.

It is because of idiots like Paul Pogba that I am falling further out of favour with top flight football with each passing season. Pogba has been arguably the biggest flop, pound for pound, to ever grace the Premier League. It is a crying shame because he is quite clearly one of the most gifted footballers on the planet, but his attitude stinks.

As for Mourinho's sacking, United's timing again seems bizarre, as it was with Moyes' sacking. The self appointed biggest club in the world is a complete shambles on and off the pitch.