PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Jose -- Gone

MrHodgeheg123;n3413282 said:
The hierarchy at Utd. must have lost the plot with this appointment, interim or full time. He failed miserably at Cardiff and currently manages a club of equivalent size to somewhere like Fylde. For me, he doesn't have the experience, knowhow or presence to manage a club the size of Utd or the ego's in the changing room.

United's season is essentially over, they should finish top half but won't get top 4, where the money lies. Ed Woodward recently said that united's on the pitch performance doesn't affect their marketing potential of the club, what he cares about. It doesn't really matter to him what they do for the rest of the season so he's got an old fans favourite to placate the fans and keep them off his back. Seeing the smug glory hunters' club turning into a shirt selling business is really hilarious

raefil;n3412981 said:
solskjar appointed.

I reckon he will do well and could end up as permanent manager.

As much as he seems a decent chap... it would be lovely if he took them down, like he did with Cardiff!

It's funny listening to Roy Keane accusing the United players of getting away with murder and not backing their manager, from a player who often got away with murder and walked out on his manager AND team mates in the Japan World Cup.

Dirty Harry;n3413628 said:
It's funny listening to Roy Keane accusing the United players of getting away with murder and not backing their manager, from a player who often got away with murder and walked out on his manager AND team mates in the Japan World Cup.

He walked away from the world cup because he didn't believe the players and manager were taking it seriously and were behaving like they were just making up the numbers. And something to do with the GK not training with the rest of the squad

paddysr;n3413637 said:
He walked away from the world cup because he didn't believe the players and manager were taking it seriously and were behaving like they were just making up the numbers. And something to do with the GK not training with the rest of the squad
He was the Captain. From my understanding he moaned about the facilities and the training (having been used to perfection and pampering at Man Utd) and had always had an issue with Mick McCarthy since he clashed with him as a mouthy youngster the day he made his Eire debut and didnt really fancy playing for him. I'm sure there are plenty of theories about why he walked out. (On his country. In the middle of a World Cup. Letting down all those fans who'd shelled out thousands to watch him and Eire.)

Dirty Harry;n3413644 said:
He was the Captain. From my understanding he moaned about the facilities and the training (having been used to perfection and pampering at Man Utd) and had always had an issue with Mick McCarthy since he clashed with him as a mouthy youngster the day he made his Eire debut and didnt really fancy playing for him. I'm sure there are plenty of theories about why he walked out. (On his country. In the middle of a World Cup. Letting down all those fans who'd shelled out thousands to watch him and Eire.)

He wanted to be a win and wasnt there for a laugh. Shame the rest of the grouo didnt have the same attitude as we had a good side back then. 95% of the Irish support backed him.

The hierarchy at Utd. must have lost the plot with this appointment, interim or full time. He failed miserably at Cardiff and currently manages a club of equivalent size to somewhere like Fylde. For me, he doesn't have the experience, knowhow or presence to manage a club the size of Utd or the ego's in the changing room.
Well! Got to eat a slice of humble pie here. Bar the loss to PSG, Utd under baby face have been remarkable and are currently leading 2-0 at Chelsea. Is it his magic or the fact the players downed tools for the sulky one? Either way, I think they're going to have a say in which end of the East Lancs Road the titles going this season.

Well! Got to eat a slice of humble pie here. Bar the loss to PSG, Utd under baby face have been remarkable and are currently leading 2-0 at Chelsea. Is it his magic or the fact the players downed tools for the sulky one? Either way, I think they're going to have a say in which end of the East Lancs Road the titles going this season.
ive seen United fans, because of the PSG loss, saying that Ole isnt up to the job!!!

ive seen United fans, because of the PSG loss, saying that Ole isnt up to the job!!!
What a bunch of smacked arses. Still think it's their god given right to win everything. It would have served all of them right if Mourinho was still there and competing with Wolves over who would finish top of the Premier leagues second tier of clubs.

Can I make it clear I'm not saying they're going to win it but have to play both City and Liverpool of which one of them are going to and I think they'll be more up for making sure the scousers miss out.

Aye well, in theory 'anyone' could manage the players through most games United play but the real top top managers can get them set up and tactically ready and through the real big games. Hence the conclusion of some that he couldn't do it at the very top level. He's another huge game this weekend, if they win that I think you'd struggle to find a Man Utd fan who wouldn't want him to get the job.