PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

CONFIRMED Josh Harrop Leaves Preston North End

It amazes me how many people have inside knowledge of the player and what went on. Such knowledge to write nasty comments. Just awful. As some have said didn't work out for him, he was offered a to good to turn down deal. No one knows what happened in his personal life or anything. Paying him off is probably in the best interest of all parties but there is no need for some of the stuff posted. I wish Josh well for future, he may come back good, but whatever he chooses to do, good luck. Can't blame him for taking the big deal offered. I am seriously shit, old and fat to play football, but anyone offered me that deal, to right I am taking it. Call me what you want, its a big pay cheque. Thanks Josh for the games you played, and the Goals you Scored, specially the one v the Plastics.

Not bad goals really

I always thought he would come good, had talent, and it would work out. So what went wrong?

I always thought he would come good, had talent, and it would work out. So what went wrong?

With talent you need application. You could have all the talent in the world but if you don’t work hard and train then that all amounts to nothing.

Look at someone like dele Ali. Sensational at MK Dons. In his second season at Tottenham he scored 18 goals and 8 assists which is world class for a midfielder.

But because his attitude dropped and he wasn’t willing to work hard anymore he is now on loan from Everton. He has only scored one League goal since 19-20.

Josh Harrop had talent. You don’t score the goals he did if he didn’t. But his application was shocking which is why it unlikely he will play much football for the rest of his career.

The abuse and vilification on here is shocking.
It didn't work out. End of.
It would be interesting to see how any FANS coped with there performance being critically appraised in this manner every day.

Can people learn to grow up just a little bit.

Happy to test that idea for you. Just pop £2-3million in my bank account and I'll let you know how I get on...

I haven't no, only what has been said on here about him by people who usually know. Presumably you have evidence to contradict it and that he was a misunderstood hard working individual who never turned down a loan, shirked training etc etc and the club were wrong to release him as were Ipswich Fleetwood Shrewsbury Burton in not progressing their interest further. Any idea why the club terminated his contract and didnt involve him, but have kept Olosunde involved

I don't need evidence to contradict it, you're the one making wild accusations with no proof.

I'm not defending the lad at all, obviously there's a reason why things have worked out how they have & I've no doubt Harrop himself is to blame for 99% of it but folk slaughtering him for signing a new contract or saying he's this that & the other when the reality is they've no idea what's gone on is just nonsense.

Clear that there’s something up with harrop. The reasons for this are completely unknown - it may or may not be his own fault. He could be the Antichrist or just a bit shit.

What is beyond doubt is that his new deal was one of the worst financial decisions of the last few years. Was that the same summer we signed nugent and Bayliss? Still paying for all that now. Awful.

No one knows, got dropped, lost confidence, maybe something away from the club. Whatever the reason he doesn't deserve some of the stuff posted in this thread. Football is a hard place when your not being picked. Hope he finds a new club and gets his career back on track.

No one knows, got dropped, lost confidence, maybe something away from the club. Whatever the reason he doesn't deserve some of the stuff posted in this thread. Football is a hard place when your not being picked. Hope he finds a new club and gets his career back on track.

By all accounts the guy turned down multiple opportunities to go out on loan, preferring instead to wallow in the reserves picking up most people's annual wage every month for doing nothing.

Why should any of us hope he gets his career back on track when he himself couldn't care less about doing so?

AN, Frankie, Ryan Lowe, Ipswich and Fleetwood have all thought he was shit. Be stunned if he gets regular playing time above conference level

By all accounts the guy turned down multiple opportunities to go out on loan, preferring instead to wallow in the reserves picking up most people's annual wage every month for doing nothing.

Why should any of us hope he gets his career back on track when he himself couldn't care less about doing so?

AN, Frankie, Ryan Lowe, Ipswich and Fleetwood have all thought he was shit. Be stunned if he gets regular playing time above conference level
Well perhaps. Or he wanted to try and resurrect his career with us? Who knows.

Interesting that Lowe chose not to throw him under the bus, but it was a bit of a strange comment about having good attitude/application but not integrating with the group.

Rumoured to have, By all them Fake Championship, EFL accounts on Twitter, that seem to have a fascination with us.

Aaaand, just like that hes released at Northampton too.

PLAYERS NOT OFFERED A NEW CONTRACT
David Norman, Josh Harrop, Jonny Maxted, Paul Osew, Miguel Ngwa, Jack Connor, Liam Cross

"We would like to say a huge thank you to all of the players leaving us," said manager Jon Brady.

Would love to hear Josh discuss his career on a podcast like Undr the Cosh one day. Nobody can deny his natural talent but there is obviously something seriously wrong stopping him from applying it.

Would love to hear Josh discuss his career on a podcast like Undr the Cosh one day. Nobody can deny his natural talent but there is obviously something seriously wrong stopping him from applying it.
Been injured again since Feb I think

Not that he was a stalwart in their squad before then. He played 7 minutes

Aaaand, just like that hes released at Northampton too.

And to think, quite a few of our fans would have kept him when we released him. Whether he's good enough or not, clearly his fitness record and/or attitude are lacking to continue in professional football.

And what we don't want to be doing is make the same Harrop/Bayliss mistake with Ben Woodburn, who may or may not be a very nice person.
What he is not however is a robust effectual Championship Player.
With the amount of Players who we have recently 'paid up' contracts we really should have learnt by now.
Woodburn is a VERY Harrop type Player
edit just read JJ PNE -similar theme