PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

• We have been advised by our hosts there will be a period of downtime between 20:00 - 23:00 BST on Friday 14th June for server improvements.

PNE Online and PNE Flags will be unavailable for various periods during this time.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

CONFIRMED Josh Harrop Leaves Preston North End

And what we don't want to be doing is make the same Harrop/Bayliss mistake with Ben Woodburn, who may or may not be a very nice person.
What he is not however is a robust effectual Championship Player.
With the amount of Players who we have recently 'paid up' contracts we really should have learnt by now.
Woodburn is a VERY Harrop type Player
We really should of learnt by now agree , but you just know we will

Nah, they're equally as shit. At least Woodburn isn't always injured.

^^^This^^^

I defended Harrop a lot on here but you can't continue to defend the indefensible.

Obviously we wouldn't want either of them but Woodburn is much more likely to be fit that Harrop seems to be.

Think I remember him losing the ball in the first 5 seconds of a game, think it was Birmingham at home, and they scored

He was shot after that

Dunno if it was the rafferty flying header or a legit goal, they were dark days haha

There was a time when I would have said we should build the team around Harrop (I think it was around the time he was nominated for the Championship player of the month.... Yes really !).... I'd love to hear a frank interview with him & his side of the story of his dramatic demise

^^^This^^^

I defended Harrop a lot on here but you can't continue to defend the indefensible.

Obviously we wouldn't want either of them but Woodburn is much more likely to be fit that Harrop seems to be.

I think it's sad really, the guy at some point has shown quite a bit of skill and application for a club like MUFC to show interest.

There is obviously something in his make up that has stopped him becoming a decent player at EFL level.

The surprising thing is that after MUFC I can see why we gave him a second chance, I can see why many of us thought he had something to build on, but I can't see how it took PNE (who had him day to day on the training ground) so long to realise that there was something missing from his make up that he would'nt make the grade.

I think it's sad really, the guy at some point has shown quite a bit of skill and application for a club like MUFC to show interest.

There is obviously something in his make up that has stopped him becoming a decent player at EFL level.

The surprising thing is that after MUFC I can see why we gave him a second chance, I can see why many of us thought he had something to build on, but I can't see how it took PNE (who had him day to day on the training ground) so long to realise that there was something missing from his make up that he would'nt make the grade.

All joking aside, I hope there is someone at the PFA or a "Sporting Chance" type charity who can have a word with Harrop. When he signed for Northampton he looked like a broken addict instead of a young, healthy professional footballer. I hope I'm wrong but I get the feeling there's something there that needs to be addressed away from the football pitch.

It would take Woodburn 10 years to reach Harrop’s goal tally

And no Ridsdale if you’re reading this, that isn’t a suggestion for how long to keep Woodburn
Not quite, Harrop got 13 and Woodburn has 2 so technically it would take him 6.5 years.