PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Journalist shot dead.

it looks like someone went against the family wishes and covered the hearse of a Palestinian in Palestinian flags so the Israeli police helped to remove them

Have they got a trustpilot page we can all leave a review for going above and beyond with their customer service. You wouldn’t get this sort of service with a CoOp Funeral Care

nah itll be people in the hearse throwing rocks.

it looks like someone went against the family wishes and covered the hearse of a Palestinian in Palestinian flags so the Israeli police helped to remove them

Have they got a trustpilot page we can all leave a review for going above and beyond with their customer service. You wouldn’t get this sort of service with a CoOp Funeral Care

I shouldn't laugh but I did.

Even the Israeli editor of the Jerusalem Post getting the wrong end of the stick

I noticed that even the JP is on damage limitation. They know that this does not look good and that the world is watching.

People may even start looking more closely at the long list of other journalists killed while doing their job over the past few years.

Anybody interested in what appears to be the truth?

If so;

The Israeli police had organised the funeral with the family of Shireen Abu Aqua. But as things progressed instead of,letting the hearse collect the coffin, dickheads stopped the hearse from doing so and instead wanted to carry the coffin through the streets on their shoulders, against the wishes of the family. Hence the police tried to uphold the wishes of the family and retrieve the coffin.

I think most interested in the truth while recognising it is sadly hard to find especially given emotions, politics , most importantly race religion ethnicity and where we feel free/safe a belonging I guess
As a very secular British jew who only knew her parents, no other relatives until I had a child. All killed
Husband from Odesa to add to complexity
So am not per se anti Jew or pro Palestine but would be interested if you could provide links to direc6 confirmation from Anton re family wishes. All I am seeing is indirect reports, proven false Twitter and a dodgy you tube

I think most interested in the truth while recognising it is sadly hard to find especially given emotions, politics , most importantly race religion ethnicity and where we feel free/safe a belonging I guess
As a very secular British jew who only knew her parents, no other relatives until I had a child. All killed
So am not per se anti Jew or pro Palestine but would be interested if you could provide links to direc6 confirmation from Anton re family wishes. All I am seeing is indirect reports, proven false Twitter and a dodgy you tube
I would be interested in seeing this evidence, too. I have been digging and found nothing apart from claims from the Israeli police and authorities.

Given their past record of being economical with the truth when it comes to dead journalists, I am somewhat sceptical.

Seems like a lot of people share this scepticism.

I've believed this for over forty years Pete... I genuinely don't think it's changed one bit. The only difference now is that social media tends to highlight it which is no bad thing.

The BBC news has been nobbled by the Govt over the last 2 years especially through their control over its editors. Thats the change. The headlines may as well have been selected by the gibbon. By preference, flog the latest crisis to death please and Ill appear to be in charge even if Im on holiday (again) or being briefed by Rupert.

The Washington Post article part way down

Even the ToI is asking questions about the Israeli police story, pointing out that the family later contradicted it.

Abu Akleh’s brother Tony gave a different account to the BBC, however. “It is really very sad to see this happening at a funeral. We were hoping to have a small procession from the hospital to the church and then to the cemetery,” he said. “But unfortunately the minute we started walking out of the hospital we were bombarded by several Israeli police, and just for nothing. We were just leaving the hospital for the church. We were shocked to see them just starting beating people, throwing stun grenades, tear gas. All this — we cannot explain it. This happened without any explanation.”

Always difficult to find the truth with claims, counterclaims, misinformation, and the general confusion. When someone claims they have the truth, all they do is show that they are only prepared to listen to one side.

Even the ToI is asking questions about the Israeli police story, pointing out that the family later contradicted it.

Always difficult to find the truth with claims, counterclaims, misinformation, and the general confusion. When someone claims they have the truth, all they do is show that they are only prepared to listen to one side.
Which is the sole reason I posted information regarding the other side of the argument.

Which is the sole reason I posted information regarding the other side of the argument.
Right so please explain exactly how your reply to me answered my question re original source material. You offered more dodgy tweets.
Fwiw am many things but neither stupid nor easily brushed aside by random unsubstantiated claims

Just because I had a little dig at the rabid anti Israel lot doesn’t change a thing.
I have always posted opposite points of view to the majority on this forum, otherwise it would be a complete circle jerk echo chamber.
Has anyone been rabid on this thread? Following the same logic, I could claim that you are rabidly pro-Israel and live in a circle jerk echo chamber of your own.

Were you having a little dig or claiming that something is apparent truth because it happened to agree with your personal biases and beliefs? No problem with that - it is a perfectly legitimate point of view - but it goes far beyond the 'Devil's Advocate' role you claim.