PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Keeping players essential

Pennyhome

Patron
Interesting comments in the L.E.P this morning , with Neil saying how he has a lot of sympathy with hulls manager after losing two key players in January.
He mentions its difficult for clubs as players contracts run down, but that he would be devastated if this happened with Pearson Davies etc.
Been said for a while but the summer of 2020 is probably the biggest in our recent history, really can’t see Neil being anything other than mightily pissed off if after the last two poor windows in terms of incoming, that we then lose at least two from Pearson Davies and Browne in the summer , as well as possibly Rudd too.
Really is feeling like promotion or bust right now, simply have to get back to winning ways
today , huge couple of months , loud and proud today , right in the mix for huge away games if we take 3 points today. COYW !

Interesting comments in the L.E.P this morning , with Neil saying how he has a lot of sympathy with hulls manager after losing two key players in January.
He mentions its difficult for clubs as players contracts run down, but that he would be devastated if this happened with Pearson Davies etc.
Been said for a while but the summer of 2020 is probably the biggest in our recent history, really can’t see Neil being anything other than mightily pissed off if after the last two poor windows in terms of incoming, that we then lose at least two from Pearson Davies and Browne in the summer , as well as possibly Rudd too.
Really is feeling like promotion or bust right now, simply have to get back to winning ways
today , huge couple of months , loud and proud today , right in the mix for huge away games if we take 3 points today. COYW !

oh its unequivocally shit or bust this season; going up will be the only way we could avoid a big exodus of our best players, maybe even with promotion it could still happen as i think some of our players, such as ben davies for example could play in a top end premier league team no question about it. however the biggest threat to this era as a pne supporter for me is alex neil, would he stay if we missed out on promotion and we lost the spine of our first team. that would be a big test for our club.

but i'm positive and i think we have a big chance of getting promoted this season as we're a very good team when we're not knackered and playing way past it players in the first team.

Full accounts for 2018/19 also out today - doesn't include the Robbo sale, but I think it still points to sell, sell, sell this summer if no promotion:

OP article: Alex Neil: Hanging on to players last month was best bit of January business for Preston North End | LEP

Link to accounts: PDF

Not great reading that, but not surprising either. If we could get away with selling just one of our main assets (providing we don’t go up) and extending the contracts of the others then I think we will have done well.

Accounts show TH put in £6.6 m last season. Thank you Trev and where would be without you. Also we must have given some big salary increases to AN and I’m guessing to those players signing new contracts.

The accounts don’t worry me. TH has been putting in between 6-10M for years now.

We have a decent chance of promotion, saleable assets (on-pitch, and even an old golf course now...).

What it shows is that in the unlikely event that TH turned around and said I’m not investing anymore, we’d be fucked.

As per usual, the accounts of PNE make for bleak reading.

However, apart from a good chunk of Prem clubs and especially the top 6/7 clubs in there, it will be similar for most other clubs.

I have said it before, but if I was absolutely loaded to the extent I could own a Football club, it would honestly be the last thing I would do - it just seems mindless.

Got to appreciate TH’s financial commitment, though that doesn’t allow for the bait and switch moves like we have seen at Ingol.

How do you insert an image on here? For example the bar chart on this BBC page?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50674331
_110092699_optimised-football_pretax_prof-nc.png