Keir Starmer elected Labour leader

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
Tell that to all the northern brexit voters that turned to the Tories at the GE, Starmer was very much the architect of Labours brexit policy that pissed off a lot of voters off.
Fair comment. My judgement is that by the next election, that bitterness among the “ red wall voters” will have subsided enough to allow those people to prefer Starmer over Boris Johnson - in huge numbers. And Starmer will be more attractive to the middle ground floating voters.

I would urge all Labour Party members, even if it hurts at first, to bury the hatchet and form the united front that is Labour’s only chance of winning.

Karcist

Manager
Tell that to all the northern brexit voters that turned to the Tories at the GE, Starmer was very much the architect of Labours brexit policy that pissed a lot of voters off.
Aye...but that`s all history now, time to look to the future.

Winkytinky

Forum Patron
Patron
Fair comment. My judgement is that by the next election, that bitterness among the “ red wall voters” will have subsided enough to allow those people to prefer Starmer over Boris Johnson - in huge numbers. And Starmer will be more attractive to the middle ground floating voters.

I would urge all Labour Party members, even if it hurts at first, to bury the hatchet and form the united front that is Labour’s only chance of winning.
He'll get a chance from me, I just hope we're not taken over by the FBPE zealots because they had their hopes pinned on Starmer, he'll have to be strong.

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron

Cutting their nose off to spite their face if they don’t.....

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
Tell that to all the northern brexit voters that turned to the Tories at the GE, Starmer was very much the architect of Labours brexit policy that pissed a lot of voters off.
Just seen Starmer’s victory speech. I know that everyone comes across a bit wooden on Skype. But it did remind me that he’s not very charismatic!

Winkytinky

Forum Patron
Patron
Just seen Starmer’s victory speech. I know that everyone comes across a bit wooden on Skype. But it did remind me that he’s not very charismatic!
I nearly nodded off when he was talking during some of the hustings, let's hope he loosens up a bit.