PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Keir Starmer elected Labour leader

What they fail to mention is that the advice remained active until it was withdrawn on March 13th, so it remained "live" whilst the shit was hitting the fan.

Mr Cope may like to reconsider being a smart arse and Johnson might like to admit that he simply hadnt a clue what he was wittering about in his PMQs reply. He needs to take a learning point from this: if the LOTO asks a question with a specific reference and a specific date, the chances are that it a) exists and therefore b) needs a factual answer....he was a lawyer so he knows how to ask questions which are very tightly framed.

It is true, Stephen Kinnock looked like he was going to cry when we did better than expected in 2017 and Jess Phillips was laughing her t*** off at the exit poll in 2019, there where many of them that wanted us to lose if it meant they could be rid of Corbyn and quite a lot of them have shad cab positions now.
Yup - they are still peddling this Third Way nonsense that people are rejecting wholesale. Let's hope that Starmer moves towards genuine social democracy instead of the failed policies of Clinton and Blair that took traditional Labour voters for granted.

Sorry what is about successful democrats in America and Labour politicians that make their many achievements some how go down as “failed”? No need to reply

Yup - they are still peddling this Third Way nonsense that people are rejecting wholesale. Let's hope that Starmer moves towards genuine social democracy instead of the failed policies of Clinton and Blair that took traditional Labour voters for granted.

With Corona, then recession, then Brexit, the disintegration of the UK...and feck knows what else to come over the next 5 years, things are going to get `interesting`.

Perhaps the Events to come will shape the man.

Sorry what is about successful democrats in America and Labour politicians that make their many achievements some how go down as “failed”? No need to reply
Happy to reply - let's see how it goes.

A number or reasons - you can talk about New Labour's warmongering, the PFI, the tendency to appoint very authoritarian home secretaries, and the erosion of civil liberties.

However, the worst failure of the centre-left/social democrats across Europe and North America was failing to regulate the banks when they could, and even loosening some regulations. Ultimately, this led to the crash of 2008 - I know the effects of that all too well and how the consequences fell on the weakest.

Then, the failure of these Third Way fools to challenge austerity, with many even acting as cheerleaders (like the spiteful twat, Dijsselbloem). Taking their traditional voters for granted and then wondering why they have been absolutely crucified in recent elections, often into oblivion.

FT_18.09.11_EuropeCenterLeft_decades-decline.png

Unless the UK is somehow different (and Brexit/the collapse of the Red Wall suggest it isn't), as I said, Starmer needs to be careful not to become too associated with the toxic legacy of Blair.

Last edited:
With Corona, then recession, then Brexit, the disintegration of the UK...and feck knows what else to come over the next 5 years, things are going to get `interesting`.

Perhaps the Events to come will shape the man.
Certainly going to be interesting - let's hope he steps up and realises that the UK needs something new.

I won't be voting in the next election, and I no longer consider myself an LP member, but I will be watching with interest. If he does inspire something, maybe that will persuade centre-left parties on this side of the water to follow suit and press for EU reform (how long have I being saying that!) or realise that life can go on outside it.

Certainly going to be interesting - let's hope he steps up and realises that the UK needs something new.

I won't be voting in the next election, and I no longer consider myself an LP member, but I will be watching with interest. If he does inspire something, maybe that will persuade centre-left parties on this side of the water to follow suit and press for EU reform (how long have I being saying that!) or realise that life can go on outside it.

I don`t expect him to inspire anything.
But events may inspire him.

Today from Conservative HQ. 3 Tory MP's retweeting a far-right account, which had tweeted out an edited clip of Keir Starmer. 2 out of 3 MP's have now deleted.

Today from Conservative HQ. 3 Tory MP's retweeting a far-right account, which had tweeted out an edited clip of Keir Starmer. 2 out of 3 MP's have now deleted.

No surprise Dorries was amongst them, when she's not spreading bullshit she's spreading covid. Never mind deleting, If they don't apologise I hope he sues them.

That Lucy Allen is a particularly nasty piece of work as well, she was the one that made up death threats, dispicable woman.

I suspect the smear machine may well come undone now that Starmer is leader.

One of my criticisms of corbyn was that he allowed bullshit to go unchallenged. I suspect that Dorries and Allan have received communications today, already. Good on him, its not before time that these disgusting vile tories were brought to task.

More on this in this thread.

I suspect the smear machine may well come undone now that Starmer is leader.

One of my criticisms of corbyn was that he allowed bullshit to go unchallenged. I suspect that Dorries and Allan have received communications today, already. Good on him, its not before time that these disgusting vile tories were brought to task.

More on this in this thread.

I agree, was a massive frustration that Corbyn didn't fight back but its clearly not in his nature and that's a flaw when you're the leader of a political party.

I'm no fan of Starmer and I think I've made my feelings clear about him more than once but I'm glad he's come out fighting about this and I'll give him credit when it's due, he's taking the piss out of Boris at PMQs with absolute ease.

“The tories are worse than vermin.” Aneurin Bevan architect of the nhs.

Not sure all those being supported on 80% pay will agree with you on that

Never mind all those 'promise’s for more spending on the NHS, Schools and Police '
Yes ‘promises’ I know
But at least it shows were this lot of Tories priorities are
And Importantly IF they deliver it WILL be on the back of proper Run economy

Or at the VERY least, one better than Corbyn and McDonald ever could have run