PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Keith Tracey My Addiction Ended my Career At 26

The last of the 70's style talented players for me was Parkin.

He didn't give a fuck, but on his day he was unplayable. If he'd got fit, he was easily good enough for the premier league. Because of his sheer bulk, I don't think defenders expected him to have flair with his feet and that really caught a few out. I can't remember his name, but the left back for Cardiff when we took them apart and won 6-0 will know what I mean!

Apparently he was a great character too. A PNE player I'll always have fond memories of. :)
If you havent already, you need to give the Undr The Cosh podcast a listen. It's Parky & Chris Brown who host it. It is fair to say that Parky is a character. Plenty of characters from a bygone age as guests too

Never miss it. By the way it’s been on three times this week at 6pm on ITV4. I only noticed completely by accident when I was looking for something else. Should be available on the ITV Player if you missed it.
Thanks for the reminder. 👍

An interesting story and one I can fully relate to. Sounds like he's on track now and hopefully continues on that path. As he said at the end of the piece, I hope if there are any players out there in similar circumstances they can see this and contact him for advice or just a chat.

The last of the 70's style talented players for me was Parkin.

He didn't give a fuck, but on his day he was unplayable. If he'd got fit, he was easily good enough for the premier league. Because of his sheer bulk, I don't think defenders expected him to have flair with his feet and that really caught a few out. I can't remember his name, but the left back for Cardiff when we took them apart and won 6-0 will know what I mean!

Apparently he was a great character too. A PNE player I'll always have fond memories of. :)

Agree 100% LiS..... The lazy barsteward had enough natural ability to survive at the top end of the Championship without making any effort in training. He would have been a top Prem player if he had applied himself but he couldn't be arsed. I loved him ! :D

PS... His pod casts etc( with Brownie)are good if you haven't seen them.

Lovely player to watch on his day. Beautiful balance and could glide past defenders. Leaving aside his demons it’s always good to have a player that can do something special; a missing element really from the existing squad and something that Brown could maybe have offered.

Finally, someone who worked hard and played hard.
More characters like that are desperately needed in this sterile sport we see these days.
He was often the best player on the park, whatever his blood alcohol levels.

Yes, I rated him at the time, but thought Brown was full of shit. However, Brown was correct, when, on Treacy joining Bumley, he said, 'Eddie Howe won't get him to play as well as I did'.
Like you said, Brown seemed to bring out the best in him, although he had a few good games under Ferguson. A Bumley fan I know hated Treacy and wasn't so keen on Wallace either.
Glad Treacy's sorting himself out. There were times at Burnley when you could see the player in there, but not often enough. Not buying the Saint Phil v Evil Eddie narrative though.

As for Wallace, he was - Ings assist at Ewood and last-minute free-kick against Leicester aside - fucking rubbish for Burnley. One game in a half-dozen he'd look interested and for the other five or so the opposition fullback would think he was a birthday present as Wallace spent 90 minutes hiding behind him from the game.