Kepa should be sacked, end of.

Ando60

Manager
That’s was one of the most bizarre things I ve seen during a match.

Initially I though his “ injury “ was a ruse to get the sub keeper on before the pens - you know to save any embarrassment.
That is exactly what I thought at the time Matic... Callaberro (?) has got a good record in penalty shoot outs , so I thought it was all staged... how wrong I was !!

pnematic

Manager
What more could he have done? Physically gone on the pitch and dragged him off?
The refs. need some direction on this going forward. I guess they will withhold the restart until the desired substitution is made. The refs will have to instruct the player to leave the pitch - if they don’t , red card them.

As I said - the Chelsea captain should have instructed the keeper to leave the field.

The refs. need some direction on this going forward. I guess they will withhold the restart until the desired substitution is made. The refs will have to instruct the player to leave the pitch - if they don’t , red card them.

As I said - the Chelsea captain should have instructed the keeper to leave the field.
Agreed, Sarri couldn’t have done much more.

He’ll be gone by the end of the day I reckon.

Walton

First Team
Sari was half way to the dressing rooms and then just remembered his million pound pay off when he inevitably gets sacked and turned back.

norky84

First Team
He could have instructed to the 4th official he was making the sub. The 4th official would then have held up the board for the substitution. I don't think this happened. The way I saw it, Sarri thought Kepa was injured, so prepared a sub. He never attempted to make the substitution. Kepa saw that Sarri wanted to sub him because he thought he was injured, but Kepa said he was fine to continue. He never actually refused to be substituted, as a request for the substitution wasn't made.

Ando60

Manager
He could have instructed to the 4th official he was making the sub. The 4th official would then have held up the board for the substitution. I don't think this happened. The way I saw it, Sarri thought Kepa was injured, so prepared a sub. He never attempted to make the substitution. Kepa saw that Sarri wanted to sub him because he thought he was injured, but Kepa said he was fine to continue. He never actually refused to be substituted, as a request for the substitution wasn't made.
Yeah, i must admit it was all very confusing at the time .....

It was difficult for anyone to know what they were meant to do - Kepa, Calleberro, Sarri all involved in a bit of a stand off

At the time, i thought it was downright petulance from Kepa, but on reflection i am not so sure................. Confusion reigned everywhere

Okay, the board may not have gone up, but I think it’s pretty clear Sarri wanted him off.

The medical staff will have treated him and relayed the message back to Sarri if he was fine or not - presume Kepa will have said he was fine then? Sarri has decided to make the decision after that.

End of the day, if your manage wants you off, you come off.

edgy

Manager
What more could he have done? Physically gone on the pitch and dragged him off?
Well I know what my dear old daddy would have done if I had done it when I was playing !
It was just about everything that's wrong with football and shows just how out of touch some players are with the real world
The only real option is to ask him to leave of his own free will, failing that if he is in a contract pay him exactly what the contract says ensuring he plays only in the reserves D team then say goodbye ?

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
Well I know what my dear old daddy would have done if I had done it when I was playing !
It was just about everything that's wrong with football and shows just how out of touch some players are with the real world
The only real option is to ask him to leave of his own free will, failing that if he is in a contract pay him exactly what the contract says ensuring he plays only in the reserves D team then say goodbye ?
No subs when you were playing edgy ;)

I know this much Id have walked on the pitch and dragged any of my kids off had they done the same.

edgy

Manager
Well we didn't have any substitute keepers which is possibly how I managed to blag it for so many years !