Kim Jong Un

Dirty Harry

Advisor to the Owner
I still say Jocks, Taffys, Aussies, Argies, Gerrys , Japs, Froggies, Ities etc but I darent say the P word because it is assumed I am being racist......

times have changed and I guess we shouldn’t use any of the afore-mentioned terms......
What about the meerkats ad on tv, it seems fine that they can speak in mock Russian accents and call each other Sergei? Would it be acceptable if they were speaking mock Indian calling each other Abdul, or speaking West Indian calling each other Leroy?

No Danger

Forum Patron
Patron
I still say Jocks, Taffys, Aussies, Argies, Gerrys , Japs, Froggies, Ities etc but I darent say the P word because it is assumed I am being racist......

times have changed and I guess we shouldn’t use any of the afore-mentioned terms......
In my childhood and early adulthood there was Till Death Us Do Part, Love Thy Neighbour, Mind Your Language and The Black and White Minstrel Show none of which are likely to be repeated. Don't think It Ain't half Hot Mum or Goodness Gracious Me would be considered suitable either.
As you say times have changed. Think they would be cringeworthy in any case now..

Dirty Harry

Advisor to the Owner
In my childhood and early adulthood there was Till Death Us Do Part, Love Thy Neighbour, Mind Your Language and The Black and White Minstrel Show none of which are likely to be repeated. Don't think It Ain't half Hot Mum or Goodness Gracious Me would be considered suitable either.
As you say times have changed. Think they would be cringeworthy in any case now..
Even the early 'only fools and horses' used to have Del saying he had done deals with 'the Pakis'.

LostinSpace

PNE Exile
Patron
Being very honest, you are right I don’t. I don’t honestly know why either because there was never any malice or racism intended when I did say them.
I really like the way some minority groups have turned words that used to be considered offensive into an identity owned by them, e.g. queer, paki, nigger.

LostinSpace

PNE Exile
Patron
The irony is that many of those programs were actually taking the piss out of stereotype white racists. Rising Damp and Love thy Neighbour especially, the blacks were depicted as more intelligent and always came out on top.

LostinSpace

PNE Exile
Patron
Back to Kim Jong Un, if he is dead or seriously ill, and Covid19 is in the country, then there’ll be no strong leadership to make, nor have the power to enforce, difficult decisions. Add to that a grossly inadequate health service and they could be in serious trouble.

OP
paddysr

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Back to Kim Jong Un, if he is dead or seriously ill, and Covid19 is in the country, then there’ll be no strong leadership to make, nor have the power to enforce, difficult decisions. Add to that a grossly inadequate health service and they could be in serious trouble.
He re-appeared. Apparently it was all a ploy to see who made what moves when they thought he was dead so he could get rid now.

LostinSpace

PNE Exile
Patron
He re-appeared. Apparently it was all a ploy to see who made what moves when they thought he was dead so he could get rid now.
Do you mean when he appeared on TV opening a fertiliser factory? Apparently there’s no verification of the actual date and it could’ve been nothing more than propaganda. Who know’s with that country though.

MrHodgeheg123

Advisor to the Owner
Do you mean when he appeared on TV opening a fertiliser factory? Apparently there’s no verification of the actual date and it could’ve been nothing more than propaganda. Who know’s with that country though.
Has no one thought to ask Dennis Rodman as to where Kim Jong un is?

giro

Manager
No seriously, his Dad was Kim Jong ill. In fact, he was that ill, he died!

No Danger

Forum Patron
Patron
The irony is that many of those programs were actually taking the piss out of stereotype white racists. Rising Damp and Love thy Neighbour especially, the blacks were depicted as more intelligent and always came out on top.
Warren Mitchell always said that his intention was to make bigots look stupid.