Kirkham, Freckleton, etc, Whites...

WFG too

Reserve
I'm after a feel for living somewhere that's split between US, and them, for a project I'm on with.

What it was like growing up, why you chose North End, and Derby Days, etc.

Is Rick 'TLR' on 'ere that's in, PNE FOREVER too, or a contact?

Could you PM if you able & willing, cheers....

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
It’s a good question WFG, at which point between Preston and Blackpool do you become one or the other...

I never had that problem having been born in Lincoln Street about a 5 minute walk to the Theatre of ( shattered ) Dreams , but I would imagine that if you are born in Warton , then you are getting close to the “ Border “

andyw

First Team
Quite a few on here from Hougton way. North End V Rovers fans!
Your not wrong pal! Plastics were in their pomp when i was in my late teens/early twenties. All the nobbers went home and away even though we were shit! Plastic fans all jumped on Jacks bandwagon but most only did the ”big games”
They all thought they were superior but most of them soon disappeared when it went tits up. Still hate them with a passion, don’t think “wisemen say“ is too keen either!!!!!

StevieNorthEnd

Advisor to the Owner
I live in Warton next to Freck. Not seen one Blackpool shirt or Preston.

My road there are 2 City, 1 United and Spurs fan. Often see Liverpool supporters in the little Tesco Express.
Same here cha, there's a poo fan goalkeeper coach on my estate but he keeps his head down 😜

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
I live in Warton next to Freck. Not seen one Blackpool shirt or Preston.
I have just googled it...

The distance from Preston to Warton is 9.4 miles
The distance from Warton to Blackpool is 9.3 miles

Warton is bang in the middle !!

Bazooka Joe

First Team
I'm after a feel for living somewhere that's split between US, and them, for a project I'm on with.

What it was like growing up, why you chose North End, and Derby Days, etc.

Is Rick 'TLR' on 'ere that's in, PNE FOREVER too, or a contact?

Could you PM if you able & willing, cheers....
sent a PM mate, used to go to away games with Rick back in the day.

Kathryn

Advisor to the Owner
It’s a good question WFG, at which point between Preston and Blackpool do you become one or the other...

I never had that problem having been born in Lincoln Street about a 5 minute walk to the Theatre of ( shattered ) Dreams , but I would imagine that if you are born in Warton , then you are getting close to the “ Border “
Warton, Freckleton and Kirkham are all PR postcodes so probably associate more with Preston than Blackpool. I live in St Annes which is FY postcode. Around here I’ve seen Leeds shirts, Man U, Liverpool and Everton fans and even a car with a Villa badge often parked in the Sainsbury’s car park. Several of my tennis friends suddenly became keen Blackpool fans, but for some un fathomable reason it only lasted a year. However, I do know some genuine Blackpool fans too.

Mr Meeseeks

Forum Patron
Patron

In my general experience Kirkham, Freckleton and Warton have been majority Lilywhite whereas Lytham St Annes, Poulton and Over Wyre have always been staunch Tangerine.

Henry Weston

Forum Patron
Patron

:ROFLMAO: Spot on Ando!

BJWhite

Youth Team
I’ve lived in St. Annes all my life, anything tangerine is banned in the house and thankfully those that support the team down the road have gone quite. During normal times I work in an office with a Blackpool and Burnley supporter and we all get along but then again we haven’t had a local derby for a while.

NORTHENDRTOPS

French scout
Lived in St Anne's for over 12 years now, and I'm now in my last 10 weeks of living in the UK, I know more PNE fans in St.Anne's than Blackpool, but they are generally missionary's from Preston having moved here over the years. My new home in a small pretty French village has around 30 people, 2 homes of people from UK one lasher and mine. I don't speak with the lasher he's a dickhead, all tatty bling from the pleasure beach.

Pumba

Advisor to the Owner
Your not wrong pal! Plastics were in their pomp when i was in my late teens/early twenties. All the nobbers went home and away even though we were shit! Plastic fans all jumped on Jacks bandwagon but most only did the ”big games”
They all thought they were superior but most of them soon disappeared when it went tits up. Still hate them with a passion, don’t think “wisemen say“ is too keen either!!!!!
In terms of rivalries, I begrudgingly respect Burnley, sneer at rather than loathe Blackpool but I absolutely despise, with a fierce, burning passion, those perennially deluded Plastic fuckers.

Pumba

Advisor to the Owner
Lived in St Anne's for over 12 years now, and I'm now in my last 10 weeks of living in the UK, I know more PNE fans in St.Anne's than Blackpool, but they are generally missionary's from Preston having moved here over the years. My new home in a small pretty French village has around 30 people, 2 homes of people from UK one lasher and mine. I don't speak with the lasher he's a dickhead, all tatty bling from the pleasure beach.
That’s some serious bad luck, moving to a small, remote French village and finding yourself right next to a Lasher bastard.

Wisemen say

Forum Patron
Patron
They all crawled back from under the stones they had come from once they had been relegated and the Walker money was no more, I'm not sure hate is strong enough. 😂
They would sell tickets to opposition fans when in the prem rather than watch big home games and then stay in the pub, most fickle set of Barstewards ever.
Not to be mention the long walk off the Riverside stand, can start any time after 70 minutes. 😂

richiepne25

Forum Patron
Patron
I’m originally from Wesham although not living there now. PR postcode but I was actually born in Blackpool. Became a North End fan after a mate of mine introduced me to them. There was a general buzz about North End going about Wesham anyway at that time as we had just won League 2 (as it is now). My first ever game was the next game of the new season, at home to Bristol Rovers. Never looked back and love North End. There are a fair few lashers though in Wesham. I’d probably say about the same as North Enders?? Maybe North End edge it?? I’d say we did have the majority until they spiked during the awful days of their premiership spell. At that point they all came out the woodwork. It isn’t nice living so close to them though as you always seem to be close to someone who’s a lasher. My sisters fella is one and it was awkward to start with. I live in the North East now but still come across the odd North Ender and Lasher every now and again.

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
Well done Tops, good on you !!!!

NORTHENDRTOPS

French scout
That’s some serious bad luck, moving to a small, remote French village and finding yourself right next to a Lasher bastard.
Well they're about 30-40 metres across the village so our paths won't meet. We BBQ'd with them the first time we went there, his wife speaks through her nose cus her fucking mouths worn out and she speaks constantly. Then the stupid cow asked my wood delivery guy to drop his wagon load of logs for my house at her house (10 steer) which is approximately 2500-3000 half metre logs! which I then had to get re delivered to my barn, she was expecting a log delivery and thought they were hers. Never apologised, so she is not ever anywhere near my house.
I then had to stack the logs which took me 8 hours the next day my back was broken!