PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Kirkham, Freckleton, etc, Whites...

Well they're about 30-40 metres across the village so our paths won't meet. We BBQ'd with them the first time we went there, his wife speaks through her nose cus her fucking mouths worn out and she speaks constantly. Then the stupid cow asked my wood delivery guy to drop his wagon load of logs for my house at her house (10 steer) which is approximately 2500-3000 half metre logs! which I then had to get re delivered to my barn, she was expecting a log delivery and thought they were hers. Never apologised, so she is not ever anywhere near my house.
I then had to stack the logs which took me 8 hours the next day my back was broken!

I quickly read that as “ we BBQ’d them the first time we went there”! 😀

There are quite a few lapsed Lashers in kirkham, wonder fucking why?

I'd say that area shares approx same amount lash v nobber but the nobbers are obviously more proud and an over representation armchair prem bells about

Saw a fellow Northender in Wickford Essex today on my Exercise walk. He made a joke about us both out for a Drive to test our Eye sights and got lost. I now know I am not the only one in the Basildon/Wickford Area. I used to live on Lytham Road and I could see the Rusty toilet Block they call Gloomfilled from my Flat. The 4 years I lived there, no ever spotted my North End Flag flying out the Window. It could still be there for all I know. Hardly saw any Lashers down that road, they mainly came from Thornton, Cleveleys, Bispham, Poulton. No one in Blackpool admitted to to supporting them. So its no Surprise that Kirkham, Freckleton, Clifton etc where/are mainly Whites.

Saw a fellow Northender in Wickford Essex today on my Exercise walk. He made a joke about us both out for a Drive to test our Eye sights and got lost. I now know I am not the only one in the Basildon/Wickford Area. I used to live on Lytham Road and I could see the Rusty toilet Block they call Gloomfilled from my Flat. The 4 years I lived there, no ever spotted my North End Flag flying out the Window. It could still be there for all I know. Hardly saw any Lashers down that road, they mainly came from Thornton, Cleveleys, Bispham, Poulton. No one in Blackpool admitted to to supporting them. So its no Surprise that Kirkham, Freckleton, Clifton etc where/are mainly Whites.
I’ve never heard it described that way before. Kirkham is predominantly PNE rather than Blackpool.

I’ve never heard it described that way before. Kirkham is predominantly PNE rather than Blackpool.

I lived in Blackpool in 2003, their new stands where rusting back them, god knows what state they in now. Its a Rusty Tatty shitehole. It was often used by many as a Toilet on their way back to Central Drive from the Town Centre. I am surprised you not heard it called Gloomfilled before a few on here call it that.

I lived in Blackpool in 2003, their new stands where rusting back them, god knows what state they in now. Its a Rusty Tatty shitehole. It was often used by many as a Toilet on their way back to Central Drive from the Town Centre. I am surprised you not heard it called Gloomfilled before a few on here call it that.
I’ve heard it called Gloomfilled, but not as a rusty toilet block.

I'm after a feel for living somewhere that's split between US, and them, for a project I'm on with.

What it was like growing up, why you chose North End, and Derby Days, etc.

Is Rick 'TLR' on 'ere that's in, PNE FOREVER too, or a contact?

Could you PM if you able & willing, cheers....
I have cousins that live in kirkham. There all tangerine 😡

I went to Kirkham Grammar between 65 and 71. Most of our year were supporters of that strange orange hue - like they'd been tango'd. Mind, their team had been doing so much better than us for years...I only can recall ever getting anything out of them once, a rasping drive from Ken Knighton from the edge of the box to equalise at Gloomfilled...the walk back to Blackpool South station was tasty. A lot of fellow inmates at the school came from Lytham and St Anne's - but Kirkham even then seemed overwhelmingly Blackpool (there was one other guy in my class and another in the parallel form, supported North End - we came on the special bus from Preston station. Clive Tyldesley - who was the main commentator for ITV until last season was in our form too, he was a UTD fan - and a border).

When we lost 3-0 and were relegated - and they went up to the first division, I was greeted with a sea of T....... scarves when getting off that bus the next morning. It was a nightmare. I've never got over it. On a thread not so long ago, Joan commentated that 'that's going a bit far...' when another guy commentated he won't buy T's. I don't think it's excessive at all, I will buy Clementines or Satsumas but not if they're labelled with the T word. My son-in-law down in Southampton (a follower of the Saints but not really into football) knows not to buy that fruit :confused: sorry about the ramble like...

Well they're about 30-40 metres across the village so our paths won't meet. We BBQ'd with them the first time we went there, his wife speaks through her nose cus her fucking mouths worn out and she speaks constantly. Then the stupid cow asked my wood delivery guy to drop his wagon load of logs for my house at her house (10 steer) which is approximately 2500-3000 half metre logs! which I then had to get re delivered to my barn, she was expecting a log delivery and thought they were hers. Never apologised, so she is not ever anywhere near my house.
I then had to stack the logs which took me 8 hours the next day my back was broken!

Hahaha, tops is class. I hope you gave the cow a right friggin gob full 😤

I went to Kirkham Grammar between 65 and 71. Most of our year were supporters of that strange orange hue - like they'd been tango'd. Mind, their team had been doing so much better than us for years...I only can recall ever getting anything out of them once, a rasping drive from Ken Knighton from the edge of the box to equalise at Gloomfilled...the walk back to Blackpool South station was tasty. A lot of fellow inmates at the school came from Lytham and St Anne's - but Kirkham even then seemed overwhelmingly Blackpool (there was one other guy in my class and another in the parallel form, supported North End - we came on the special bus from Preston station. Clive Tyldesley - who was the main commentator for ITV until last season was in our form too, he was a UTD fan - and a border).

When we lost 3-0 and were relegated - and they went up to the first division, I was greeted with a sea of T....... scarves when getting off that bus the next morning. It was a nightmare. I've never got over it. On a thread not so long ago, Joan commentated that 'that's going a bit far...' when another guy commentated he won't buy T's. I don't think it's excessive at all, I will buy Clementines or Satsumas but not if they're labelled with the T word. My son-in-law down in Southampton (a follower of the Saints but not really into football) knows not to buy that fruit :confused: sorry about the ramble like...
I went to KGS between 70 and 77

At that time there was about 70 lads in each year

Some weren't interested in football, hard to believe I know !

One or two were glory hunters, picking one of the big teams, the rest were split pretty evenly

The main difference was the North End fans tended to go each week where as the Blackpool fans didn't seem to bother and gave the impression they weren't really interested

I live in Freckleton for a long while and can confidently sat that Freckleton, Kirkham and Wesham were manly Preston fans

A lot didn't go on much and picked their matches carefully

Too many got pee'd off with having their hopes continually dashed and the selling off cheap of any talent (nothing's changed there then!) but the interest was still there

Lived in St Anne's for over 12 years now, and I'm now in my last 10 weeks of living in the UK, I know more PNE fans in St.Anne's than Blackpool, but they are generally missionary's from Preston having moved here over the years. My new home in a small pretty French village has around 30 people, 2 homes of people from UK one lasher and mine. I don't speak with the lasher he's a dickhead, all tatty bling from the pleasure beach.
That’s bad luck! 😂

II only can recall ever getting anything out of them once, a rasping drive from Ken Knighton from the edge of the box to equalise at Gloomfilled...the walk back to Blackpool South station was tasty.

I was there right behind the goals at the opposite end. I think Knighton's drive - low down to the keeper's right after a freekick on the edge of the box had been tapped sideways to him - actually gave us the lead and that they subsequently equalised for a 1-1 draw. But I think you are right that in that period between them coming down from the old Div 1 round about 1967, I am not sure of the exact year, and going back up again in 70 that was the only match in which we got anything from them. I was there as well for that 3-0 defeat that effectively sent them up and us down in 70. But I recalled that match 30 years later when went up from the third tier under David Moyes and they went down from same division in the same season. As the saying goes what goes around comes around.

Born in Preston, brought up in Kirkham, moved to St. Anne's as a teenager (brief period in London and Manchester) then to Chorley and now live in Blackburn! Kirkham is solid North End territory. St. Anne's is Lasher territory (although there are a few PNE fans - especially in Lytham). Chorley is an odd one - obviously a fair few Magpies, but seemed pretty split between North End, Bolton Wanderers, Plastics and even the odd Wigan fan. Did seem Wanderers may have the majority of support in Chorley - just! Spoke to a fella from Hoghton a few weeks ago and although he wasn't a football fan he classed Hoghton as Preston. I've been living in Blackburn just over a year and surprises me how often I see another North Ender. Proudly wear my North End top when I'm out for a run. I get the odd comment, but think they are more bothered about the Dingles than us. Saddest thing of all is how many plastic Liverpool, Man U etc fans you see everywhere including in Preston. The pathetic excuses they have for not supporting their local club make me laugh!

Born in Preston, brought up in Kirkham, moved to St. Anne's as a teenager (brief period in London and Manchester) then to Chorley and now live in Blackburn! Kirkham is solid North End territory. St. Anne's is Lasher territory (although there are a few PNE fans - especially in Lytham). Chorley is an odd one - obviously a fair few Magpies, but seemed pretty split between North End, Bolton Wanderers, Plastics and even the odd Wigan fan. Did seem Wanderers may have the majority of support in Chorley - just! Spoke to a fella from Hoghton a few weeks ago and although he wasn't a football fan he classed Hoghton as Preston. I've been living in Blackburn just over a year and surprises me how often I see another North Ender. Proudly wear my North End top when I'm out for a run. I get the odd comment, but think they are more bothered about the Dingles than us. Saddest thing of all is how many plastic Liverpool, Man U etc fans you see everywhere including in Preston. The pathetic excuses they have for not supporting their local club make me laugh!
More often than not it’s “cuz PNE r shit”.

Gotta be completely honest, I’m really dubious about people who just latch onto whichever team is currently doing well.