PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

labour Quitters

how can this be allowed without a by-election?? surely they were voted in by people voting for the labour party?
Are they free to join another party without need for re-election? if so, British Politics is even more or a joke than I thought

Its not actually another party though is it?

Registered as a business, that way they dont have to declare who the donors are.

It already has links with Panama and has started the day with racist tropes.

how can this be allowed without a by-election?? surely they were voted in by people voting for the labour party?
Are they free to join another party without need for re-election? if so, British Politics is even more or a joke than I thought

It's happened in virtually every parliament for the last several hundred years (doesn't make it right, but there's plenty of precedent)

Registered as a business, that way they dont have to declare who the donors are.

Was literally just about to post this. Utterly ridiculous

So, Chuka et al. resigned from Labour because they claimed that racism was endemic.

Does this mean that they are all going to resign from the Independent Group to protest against endemic racism? :)

so are we saying somebody could get elected as a conservative and switch to ,say for arguments sake, the BNP, and the BNP would then have a seat? ludricous if true.

No but they could resign from the party and continue as an independent...

At least theyre picking up some "Celebrity," backers already.

Angela smith definitely knew her audience.

DztoMZ9X4AIsmn9

so are we saying somebody could get elected as a conservative and switch to ,say for arguments sake, the BNP, and the BNP would then have a seat? ludricous if true.
Yes they can. I give you the daddy of all British Fascists, Oswald Moseley who flitted between several parties

Happened in the 1980s when Labour, Tory and Liberal MPs all left their Parties and created the Social Democratic Party

I wonder if Luciana would dare to go against him in a by election?
Allowing that f&cking tosser Hatton back into the party is a disgrace. If that c@nt is ever allowed to stand for any position on a Labour Party ticket I will tear up my card and cancel my subs.

Allowing that f&cking tosser Hatton back into the party is a disgrace. If that c@nt is ever allowed to stand for any position on a Labour Party ticket I will tear up my card and cancel my subs.
Good old Degsy - had almost forgotten about him! A colourful character, to say the least.

Just had a look at that and you're grasping at straws. The URL theindependent.group is registered with namecheap.com whose business address is Delaware. Part of the namecheap package includes using the services of Whoisguard to keep the registrants details away from spammers, and it's they that are registered in Panama.

Reading between the lines, am I right in assuming you're not a fan then? ;)

Didn't anyone in the Labour hierarchy have a think as to what sort of message that sends out to voters?

We're all interested in different things in life... and in a quiz, there are plenty of questions that I can't answer that 80% of people could (usually tv, film, literature related!) But I find it really hard to comprehend that you don't know this!

In an election, you elect individuals, not parties... and IMO, long may that continue.

We're all interested in different things in life... and in a quiz, there are plenty of questions that I can't answer that 80% of people could (usually tv, film, literature related!) But I find it really hard to comprehend that you don't know this!

In an election, you elect individuals, not parties... and IMO, long may that continue.
Its exactly this. Were a representative democracy. We elect a local MP to represent us, we dont actually elect a party as such. Its why, nationwide, UKIP managed to poll significant amounts of votes ut never managed to get MPs as such.

Guy Matthews
10 hrs

Seeing as Angela Smith has taken an absolute fucking kicking today, I'm going to stick the boot in some more because, well, fuck her.
When you analyse her resignation speech, what emerges is a thinly veiled disdain for the working class. She talks about aspiration, about poverty being perceived as a state of grace, as if the only way out of grinding poverty and manual labour is to send your kids to university so they can become MP's.

The problem with this, and indeed the problem with her entire mindset, is that she, as an upper-middle class economic elite, indelibly associates working class with poverty. It is, essentially, snobbery. "You're a bricky so you're a povvo, you should have been a lawyer." Or, "My dad was a printer and my mum was a receptionist, look how far I've come because of my aspiration and ambition."
The entire point of left-wing politics is to emancipate the working class from poverty. She doesn't understand that. She thinks the "left-wing intellectuals" she sneers at want working-class people to remain poor.

No.

We want the working class who are happy to be working class, to be fairly recompensed for their labour so that they are not entrapped by poverty. Take me for example. I'm a chef. I fucking love my job. What I don't love, is being exploited and being unfairly paid for my labour so that my passion for my trade leads to me struggling to pay the bills. (Although I should note that my current employers are some of the best I've ever had, and they're as working class as me. I've worked for some absolute cunts though over the years, all of them middle-class or aspiring to be so.)
Why should I have to aspire to become middle-class, when being working class would be perfectly suited to me, if I wasn't being exploited? And what would the middle-classes do if their fucking bins weren't being emptied by the working class? Choke on their fucking prosecco as the stench of rotten hummus filled their kitchen most like. That is why left-wing politics lionises the working class; because we're the cogs in the machine without whom the country would grind to a halt, and we demand to be fairly recompensed for the services we provide.

Do you know who talks about "aspiration" like it's some golden virtue? Margaret bastard Thatcher and all her little acolytes from both sides of the house who have poisoned our society for forty years.

I'm glad you've resigned from the Labour Party Angela Smith.

Because you are exactly what was wrong with it.