PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Lancashire Cricket Ground - Farington

Facebook brings out the doom-mongerers in full force. Every single exciting development that happens in the area is met with universal negativity on that platform. Leyland Hub is some of the best comedic reading you'll ever see.
It's pretty rare that I go anywhere near facebook, but The Hub is always a cause for amusement. Otters, Berry's Houses and a new KFC. The people of Leyland don't want much :ROFLMAO:

This has made me wonder if this wouldn't have been a much better use of the old test track, but money talks I suppose.

It's pretty rare that I go anywhere near facebook, but The Hub is always a cause for amusement. Otters, Berry's Houses and a new KFC. The people of Leyland don't want much :ROFLMAO:

This has made me wonder if this wouldn't have been a much better use of the old test track, but money talks I suppose.
I'd forgotten all about the otters, it was ancient oaks last time I had a nosey that people were up in arms about haha.

Not sure about the test track site for this with it being on the other side of Leyland. At least here it has 2 x stations serving it as well as 3 x motorways bringing in the traffic from across the county.

Could Stanifield Lane be widened into a dual carriageway from the Lostock Hall roundabout down to the fork with Lydiate Lane to accomodate the extra traffic? Especially with the development on the other side next to the M65 to consider.

I'd forgotten all about the otters, it was ancient oaks last time I had a nosey that people were up in arms about haha.

Not sure about the test track site for this with it being on the other side of Leyland. At least here it has 2 x stations serving it as well as 3 x motorways bringing in the traffic from across the county.

Could Stanifield Lane be widened into a dual carriageway from the Lostock Hall roundabout down to the fork with Lydiate Lane to accomodate the extra traffic? Especially with the development on the other side next to the M65 to consider.

I know what you mean, but using the Bamber Bridge junction traffic would go past this planned location, past the tip and along Penwortham by-pass without going anywhere near the centre of Leyland. Doesn't matter anyway as the test track is already being made into houses. Such a shame, it was a great place.

I think Stanifield Lane could be widened, it would just mean some farmer/farmers selling a bit of land. As you leave Leyland there are some houses as you head towards Lostock Hall on the right hand side, but on the left it's all fields.

I'm sure if a monstrous Ikea had been granted planning permission not far from where this is being proposed there shouldn't be any chance that this doesn't go through. But councils do move in mysterious ways.

I know what you mean, but using the Bamber Bridge junction traffic would go past this planned location, past the tip and along Penwortham by-pass without going anywhere near the centre of Leyland. Doesn't matter anyway as the test track is already being made into houses. Such a shame, it was a great place.

I think Stanifield Lane could be widened, it would just mean some farmer/farmers selling a bit of land. As you leave Leyland there are some houses as you head towards Lostock Hall on the right hand side, but on the left it's all fields.

I'm sure if a monstrous Ikea had been granted planning permission not far from where this is being proposed there shouldn't be any chance that this doesn't go through. But councils do move in mysterious ways.
Yeah fair point, they could have skipped along the north of Leyland via the tip, forgot about that. But yeah, that's all to be houses now and a supermarket apparently if whispers are correct.

Yeah, I think it will go through. Lancashire County Council already own the land and I'm sure South Ribble will green light it alongside them. Like you say if the traffic implications of an IKEA and number of supporting units and offices were given the go head, I imagine this would have no problem.

Not sure which exact fields they're planning to use, but I wonder if this gets in the way of any future extension of the M65 over the Ribble.

If you look on the map, the big roundabout would go straight on, very close to that spot.

Not sure which exact fields they're planning to use, but I wonder if this gets in the way of any future extension of the M65 over the Ribble.

If you look on the map, the big roundabout would go straight on, very close to that spot.
It would most definitely put those plans to bed. This is the exact field that was earmarked for the M65 to run through, south of the A582.

To be fair I think that idea has been dismissed for a long time. But what is still needed is another Ribble crossing linking the M55 and Preston Western Distributor to the Penwortham Bypass and M65.

This would be great. Plenty of time sat watching cricket for summers to come

It would most definitely put those plans to bed. This is the exact field that was earmarked for the M65 to run through, south of the A582.

To be fair I think that idea has been dismissed for a long time. But what is still needed is another Ribble crossing linking the M55 and Preston Western Distributor to the Penwortham Bypass and M65.
Ah, interesting. I suppose any future plans would just have to use the existing route of Flensburg Way, and keep that crazy big roundabout to nowhere.

But given the cost of the works and a new bridge, I'd heard £100M at one point, I bet it'd be vastly more than that in reality.

Screenshot_20211202-121039.png
This is the field in question. The adjacent stretch of the A582 to the west really needs to be made into a dual carriageway - it can get very busy, and not just at peak times - though I'm not sure how easy that would be.

View attachment 5354
This is the field in question. The adjacent stretch of the A582 to the west really needs to be made into a dual carriageway - it can get very busy, and not just at peak times - though I'm not sure how easy that would be.
So it's right up against the main road. In my mind it was further down the lane.

That land has all flooded in the past, they'll need some decent groundworks in there

Isnt this where Lostock hall juniors applied to use as football pitches for the kids and were turned down?

Quite right too. That is Leyland land. :ROFLMAO:
The postal address of Woodcock Estate, south along Stanifield Lane appears to be Lostock Hall, though I thought the River Lostock was the boundary. I've always regarded the area as Cuerden, or Cuerden Green. Or it may be Farington.....but definitely not Leyland!

The postal address of Woodcock Estate, south along Stanifield Lane appears to be Lostock Hall, though I thought the River Lostock was the boundary. I've always regarded the area as Cuerden, or Cuerden Green. Or it may be Farington.....but definitely not Leyland!

That roundabout, which used to be the big junction is the unofficial boundary, everyone knows it.

Yeah you’re right, the split between PR5 Preston (Lostock Hall) and PR25 Leyland is pretty much along the south and west of the Woodcock Estate.

The area is definitely in the parish of Farington though which covers Farington, Farington Moss and Whitestake, crossing the boundaries of PR25, PR26, PR5 and even PR4.

So I guess the place is a bit of an anomaly really. It’s in Farington but comes under Preston PR5. I would imagine the address will be Preston PR5 unless they tinker it to come under Leyland.

This is why we can’t have anything nice around here.

Councillor’s egos have been bruised because they weren’t consulted first.

No issues flinging houses up on an already busy Wheelton Lane or building numerous estates on green space in Farington Moss by the tank.

1638459738457.png

This is why we can’t have anything nice around here.

Councillor’s egos have been bruised because they weren’t consulted first.

No issues flinging houses up on an already busy Wheelton Lane or building numerous estates on green space in Farington Moss by the tank.

View attachment 5356
i guess a stadium (which lets face it, will only be used a few days a year) wont bring in as much council tax as 1,000 new homes

Where did you find that document Mr M?
On Facebook. Lancashire County Council had posted about the development and one of the Farington councillors, Paul Wharton-Hardman, posted that letter as a reply.

To be fair it’s been met with backlash from the few folk that have commented.