PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Lancashire put on highest, Tier 3, level

Now that I don’t know Giro ?? In our local, you can only book a table for a 2 hour slot anyway...
Ando,
And that’s the problem. Neither do the licencees.
If numbers start to dwindle, I suspect your 2 hour slot may well increase to 3 or 4!🤪

If they’ve had a meal can they stop in the pub all night?
They're not suppose to. For people who go to pubs for meals, or a restaurant they want this to be as normal as it can be (same household obviously).

The problem is drinkers will try use having a meal as an excuse to drink. From what I've heard from my local, which makes most of it's business through food, is that once a meal is finished customers will be asked to leave after a certain length of time, maybe 30 minutes after plates taken away just for example.

Pubs will probably be fairly strict with this at first, as they won't know who is coming in to make checks. However after a while, pubs will know what they can and can't get away with and corners will eventually be cut.

After all, a Landlord can play complete ignorance that 6 people on a table realistically aren't from the safe household. As long as the question is asked, then it's the customers who would be punished if someone came into check, not the Landlord.

They're not suppose to. For people who go to pubs for meals, or a restaurant they want this to be as normal as it can be (same household obviously).

The problem is drinkers will try use having a meal as an excuse to drink. From what I've heard from my local, which makes most of it's business through food, is that once a meal is finished customers will be asked to leave after a certain length of time, maybe 30 minutes after plates taken away just for example.

Pubs will probably be fairly strict with this at first, as they won't know who is coming in to make checks. However after a while, pubs will know what they can and can't get away with and corners will eventually be cut.

After all, a Landlord can play complete ignorance that 6 people on a table realistically aren't from the safe household. As long as the question is asked, then it's the customers who would be punished if someone came into check, not the ?Landlord.
They’re not suppose to?
Unfortunately, that’s opinion, not government policy which, as yet, has not been communicated. In fact I’m willing to bet, hasn’t been thought up yet.

It's the current advice given by the local authority apparently. But you're right, official government advice is not provided yet. Which is an absolute joke.

I was told that the ruling here regards pubs was you can order a drink at the same time as you order your meal. The meal cannot be just a starter or a plate of chips. You can order more drinks while you are still eating. When you finish eating you leave.

3cG0xkI.jpg

I was told that the ruling here regards pubs was you can order a drink at the same time as you order your meal. The meal cannot be just a starter or a plate of chips. You can order more drinks while you are still eating. When you finish eating you leave.
Fair enough. But if I go into a pub and say, Nobber was told what the rules are, I thinks it’s unlikely to cut any mustard.

However, if you’re right, you‘be scuppered my idea of ordering just a starter. Which would have been...a large bowl of Peroni soup!🤪