PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Lancashire put on highest, Tier 3, level

Fair enough. But if I go into a pub and say, Nobber was told what the rules are, I thinks it’s unlikely to cut any mustard.

However, if you’re right, you‘be scuppered my idea of ordering just a starter. Which would have been...a large bowl of Peroni soup!🤪

In Liverpool the other day 'Soup of the Day' was Carling @ £2.80p.

Pssttt don't mention Nobber, bound to get chucked out, proper shit stirrer 😉

Is it 2 hours in the restaurants in town also? Get pubs but a decent meal out...

Anywhere in the area it’s been a while
2 hours
For a decent evening meal
Not for me. I’d feel rushed and it defeats the object of going out, relaxing and taking it easy - I will wait if that’s the rules. I am not that desperate

Not sure tbh, been in a few boozers for a meal over the last few month's and had notices on table saying you have this table from 6-8pm etc but not sure of restaurant rules ?

2 hours
Not for me. I’d feel rushed and it defeats the object of going out, relaxing and taking it easy - I will wait if that’s the rules. I am not that desperate
Yeah sorry that was the point I was making. Pub tea and few pints fair enough but if heading out for dinner in a restaurant would want the table for the night

2 hours
I guess you are a 5 or 6 course man including cheese and biscuits followed by coffee and chocolate biscuits.....

Yeah sorry that was the point I was making. Pub tea and few pints fair enough but if heading out for dinner in a restaurant would want the table for the night
Having said that, there are lots of restaurants in Manchester which even pre-Covid only allowed you to have the table for two hours....

So
Effectively fast food outlets
We aren’t talking cheap and tacky outfits either...

We used to go to Cote in Manchester quite a lot.... a 2 course meal with drinks would cost us about £100

but you only had the table for 2 hours....

Oddest thing about going out for something to eat at the moment is sitting down, choosing your food from the menu then having to wait until the food is at your table before they give you your drinks. 15 to 20 mins sat without anything.

Oddest thing about going out for something to eat at the moment is sitting down, choosing your food from the menu then having to wait until the food is at your table before they give you your drinks. 15 to 20 mins sat without anything.
Wow, I didn’t realise that...... we have been going to our local for food and drinks for the last few weeks.

We get our drinks as soon as we arrive at the pub, long before we have even ordered the food..

I wonder if that will now change with the new regulations.

Is that the pubs interpretation of the rules or are all of them doing that? Sounds like harder work for the staff when ultimately you have actually ordered food.

makes me grateful we still are almost normal down here bar the early closing. But guilty being able to book weekends away for us when the rest of the family is all stuck locked down

That makes absolutely no sense, doesn’t appear to be the actual rules and makes no business sense at all. Do you actually get a menu to read?