Last Three Games

SuperTom

Reserve
1-0 win vs Blackburn
2-1 win vs Boro
1-0 win vs Birmingham

All three wins coming where the other team was arguably the better side. That is the sign of a promotion winning team. Get the Fuck in.

baldnobber

Reserve
1-0 win vs Blackburn
2-1 win vs Boro
1-0 win vs Birmingham

All three wins coming where the other team was arguably the better side. That is the sign of a promotion winning team. Get the Fuck in.
This side always battles. Great group of players...terrific manager...very well run club. A credit to the City (Town).

jumping mouse

First Team
At the start of the season we were playing well and losing.

Now, our performances are below par yet we're winning.

I know which is rather have!

pne4ever

First Team
Winning ugly, aways a sign of a good team. We've hit a run at just the right time. Don't know if we will make the play offs let alone get promoted via them but I'm certainly enjoying the ride.

Wisemen say

Forum Patron
Patron
:)
1-0 win vs Blackburn
2-1 win vs Boro
1-0 win vs Birmingham

Did not think Blackburn were the better side, thought they were very poor on the day and we were marginally better, thought Birmingham were a very physical side and used this greatly to their advantage, but did not see them as the better side.
Middlesbrough could quite easily have been 3-0 up at half time against us and totally out played us in the 1st half, second half after the sending off, we took more control, but would agree Middlesbrough the better side on the day, only real thing that mattered though in all three games was the result !
(y)

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
A good side is built on its defence. Our 2 centre backs are outstanding right now, Hughes is rapidly catching cunningham up and Fisher is back to last seasons form and rudds gaffe at Brum was the turning point for him too. When a defence like this is good enough to keep you in games it leaves you with the chance to go and win the game at the other end. The last 3 games have proved exactly that.

royribble

Forum Patron
Patron
This side always battles. Great group of players...terrific manager...very well run club. A credit to the City (Town).
I know I bang on about this but, why (Town) in brackets? Don't you know the Queen granted Preston City status? Therefore, Preston IS a City whether you or anyone else likes it or not. The worst bit is when Prestonians won't accept it and think it's clever to put Preston down with a sarcastic "City"/"Town" comment.

Although not a large City, because of the declaration by the Queen, we are a City. Please get used to it. There, rant over. I must be getting old :)

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
1-0 win vs Blackburn
2-1 win vs Boro
1-0 win vs Birmingham

The sign of a promotion winning team is one that wins games and is also the better side!

I know what you mean, of course. A promotion winning side is one that can have a bad spell but still find a way to win. But if we really do need to quickly get back to our best.

miff

Reserve
I know I bang on about this but, why (Town) in brackets? Don't you know the Queen granted Preston City status? Therefore, Preston IS a City whether you or anyone else likes it or not. The worst bit is when Prestonians won't accept it and think it's clever to put Preston down with a sarcastic "City"/"Town" comment.

Although not a large City, because of the declaration by the Queen, we are a City. Please get used to it. There, rant over. I must be getting old :)
You might be getting old Royribble but you are right so don't let the buggers get you down.

royribble

Forum Patron
Patron
You might be getting old Royribble but you are right so don't let the buggers get you down.
Don't worry mate, they won't, I just love my home City and PNE and therefore get a little bit irritated when people put either down.

PNEroulette

First Team
When we had that bad run earlier in this season luck was against us, we were hitting the post and not getting any luck in the box at both ends of the pitch. Now lady luck has been shining on us and balancing things out.
Somehow in 2 of the next 4 home games we need to produce 2 Norwich type performances and 2 scramble type performances . Away we just need to try getting back to performances before March started . We are going to probably need a near injury free squad to be able to rotate and do this.
Hopefully none of the present injuries are that serious and most of squad will be available for the week commencing Sheff utd at home.
Previously teams will have taken us seriously, now teams like Leeds and Sheff Utd will see playing us away as massive games and put a hell of a lot of effort into working out how to beat us. To out fox them would be very satisfying.