PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Lawrenson Speaks

Never misses an opportunity to big Preston up its in his blood , i remember him and Gary Williams together they were a geat partnership . We talk fondly about the ex Preston defender but in truth i don't think he ever stopped being a nobber and i hope he never does . top bloke

Never misses an opportunity to big Preston up its in his blood , i remember him and Gary Williams together they were a geat partnership . We talk fondly about the ex Preston defender but in truth i don't think he ever stopped being a nobber and i hope he never does . top bloke

Yeah, he's a good bloke. Great that he's still such a big PNE fan.

I agree that video is very good for the profile of PNE.

Hope he's a happy bunny at 10pm tonight.

:)

I remember him being on the Chris Moyles radio show, and Chris Moyles asked Lawro to say something nice, and Lawro replied Preston North End.

I was at my daughters in Oxford Autumn time and was talking about the Nobbers match that day with my son. A chap came over to me and asked where we were from, I told him Preston. It transpired he played alongside Lawrenson's day for a season then left to go to Hull then Huddersfield.
Forgotten the buggers name, but he was midfield and left because he couldn't get in the team
I didnt either Regardless.....oh the shame

Got a lot of time for Juan Mata ever since I listened to him being interviewed, in his Chelsea days, on talkSPORT. He was talking about his time away from the game. Likes to learn and educate himself around new places etc.

Seems a decent down to earth bloke in all honesty who just happens to earn a decent wage. Good on the lad.

When I was studying journalism, I had a column in the student paper alongside Mark Lawrenson and Sir Tom Finney. Still one of the things I am most proud of.

I think it was a night match, and PNE were attacking the Town End. A long clearance reached their centre forward in the centre circle who was two years clear of everyone, and he set off towards the Kop with only our keeper to beat and Lawro was giving chase. By the time he got to the D, Lawro put in the cleanest of sliding tackles from behind to knock it out for a throw in and never touched their centre forward. Lawro's speed and ability in the tackle was second to none, and this was as perfect an example as I'll ever witness. Great defender, who went on to have the success he deserved with the then best team in Europe.