Leccy Cars

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
When we colonise the Moon or Mars we won't be driving round in our own personal vehicles with 2 wing mirrors and an ignition key.

You heard it here first.

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
Burnley has 4 charging points that I know of already.

Even Rossendale has a few!!!

Fwiw, I am not keen on these electric cars. The cost, the hassle, etc.

Even less keen on driverless cars, I like to drive and be in control of the wheel, not a system that could malfunction.

WOWM

First Team
This really hasn't been thought through on so many levels. Everybody wants to be seen to be progressive and green, but it ain't going to happen.

OP
Drunks

Drunks

First Team
Just thinking further down the line, what happens to all the batteries at the end of their lives?
As well as all the chemicals and stuff in them?

I might sound like I am resisting change but I am not really sure Electric cars are the way forward. Hydrogen sounds a better option for me.

And I would hate to live in the world where it is all autonomous.

Sepp Blatter

Lord of Geeks
Patron
Just thinking further down the line, what happens to all the batteries at the end of their lives?
As well as all the chemicals and stuff in them?

I might sound like I am resisting change but I am not really sure Electric cars are the way forward. Hydrogen sounds a better option for me.

And I would hate to live in the world where it is all autonomous.
Having a recycling and reusing chain is one of the most important parts of moving to electric vehicles - and developing batteries that use less damaging elements like sodium.

We had a good discussion about hydrogen fuel and electric vehicles on the fracking thread - Billymac is the fella for hydrogen:

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
There is a few miserable buggers on here who can not look forward to advancement some on here must be amazed by the wheel , by the time it comes around you wont need cables going across the street you will just unplug from car and bring indoors just like you do with a mobile how do you think the leccy companies coped before mobiles no difference but yet we all take for granted now we just plug them in not even thinking about it the same will be for the car as well.

It will be fantastic imagine going out in the street and not breathing the shit in from diesel and petrol particles the only problem i can see is you will have to have eyes in the back of your heads of how quiet they will be.

New Corsa petrol..... About 15 grand
New Corsa electric... About 25 grand

Give or take a few K you can still piss off... :)

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
Yet another predictable stunt from Johnson.

Just trying to con people (again) into thinking he’s taking the climate crisis seriously by making this announcement but in reality it means he takes no immediate action to tackle the crisis and has just passed the responsibility on to a future Government. But at least he sounds radical - a man with a plan.

He and his Government should already be at work organising the huge change to the infrastructure needed for a smooth transition to electric and hydrogen vehicles. But unless their rich friends can see the dollar in that (as they clearly have with HS2) it won’t be done as it should be. It’ll be done piecemeal in a similar way to the mobile phone infrastructure fiasco and there’ll be large swathes of the country not covered and therefore pretty much out of bounds.

They should be incentivising car manufacturers in this country to stay ahead of the field in this transition and for an immediate reduction in carbon emissions they should also be incentivising people to switch their older diesel and petrol cars to electric or hybrids during this 15 year transition period.

They've already discounted hybrids in the 15 year plan, they will be banned too........ But as the whole thing ( as you've said ) is political bollocks it doesn't really matter.

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
They are starting to get to more realistic prices. Were caught between whether to go fully electric, next time, or the PHEV route for the longer journeys.
I hardly know anyone that can afford a brand new car let alone an electric one...... You move in exhaulted circles.

raefil

Shit Fan
Patron
Having a recycling and reusing chain is one of the most important parts of moving to electric vehicles - and developing batteries that use less damaging elements like sodium.

We had a good discussion about hydrogen fuel and electric vehicles on the fracking thread - Billymac is the fella for hydrogen:

I hardly know anyone that can afford a brand new car let alone an electric one...... You move in exhaulted circles.
It was an excellent discussion, that one. I for one really learnt a lot from it.

edgy

Forum Patron
Patron
Burnley has 4 charging points that I know of already.

Even Rossendale has a few!!!

Fwiw, I am not keen on these electric cars. The cost, the hassle, etc.

Even less keen on driverless cars, I like to drive and be in control of the wheel, not a system that could malfunction.
Really
i think it’s fair to say that a human beings potential to malfunction is far greater than a computers
you won’t find a computer faffing on a mobile phone or going faster than the set speed limit.
i take it you have flown a few times, chances are you’ve gone from A to B with minimal human intervention
i respect you are a professional driver and will without doubt drive to a higher standard but for the majority of drivers I’d much rather settle for a computer making rational decisions