PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Leccy Cars

Drunks

Captain Hindsight
Patron
So, we a re going to stop selling petrol and diesel in 15 years time. I am looking forward to walking down my street with terraced housing a tripping over power cables.
Not to mention where all the electricity is going to come from.
I appreciate that this is new sales only and not an overnight immediate swap but have they seriously planned this or is it just another Boris soundbite?
He has been accused of 'setting a date without a plan', surely that doesn't sound like our wonderful PM?

It'll be interesting to see the governments plans for those of us who live on terraced streets, i rarely get to park outside my own house so running a cable across the footpath isnt really an option
I think time will tell if electric cars really are the future or just a passing fad, hydrogen cars could be the answer

So, we a re going to stop selling petrol and diesel in 15 years time. I am looking forward to walking down my street with terraced housing a tripping over power cables.
I appreciate that this is new sales only and not an overnight immediate swap but have they seriously planned this or is it just another Boris soundbite?
He has been accused of 'setting a date without a plan', surely that doesn't sound like our wonderful PM?
Stop being a luddite pal. You're holding us all back

Don't worry it won't happen.............. It won't even begin to happen en masse until the prices of new leccy cars drop by half.... Great if it happens but I doubt it.

Hydrogen cars are far more economical to manufacture and run but unfortunately at the moment there just aren't enough fuelling points to make it viable

Something else that tickles me is how on earth can a government that has a mandate for only 5 years possibly make a commitment that lasts a minimum of 15 years?..... The next government could change it in the blink of an eye and probably will.... It's just bullshit. :)

It’s being seen to be doing something without actually doing anything. So a government in the future can pull a sad face and claim well we did try to hit the target / deadline. Or they hope you just forget about it amongst all the other hot air being emitted by Westminster and Whitehall.

I can’t wait to surreptitiously unplug the charging cars in the dead of night belonging to people I despise.

It’s being seen to be doing something without actually doing anything. So a government in the future can pull a sad face and claim well we did try to hit the target / deadline. Or they hope you just forget about it amongst all the other hot air being emitted by Westminster and Whitehall.

I can’t wait to surreptitiously unplug the charging cars in the dead of night belonging to people I despise.

It's all bollocks isn't it?

I’m going to wait a year before the cut off date and buy me a new diesel. Should see us out.

Don't worry it won't happen.............. It won't even begin to happen en masse until the prices of new leccy cars drop by half.... Great if it happens but I doubt it.
Aye but they’ll price the plebs off the road, giving the rich more road space, can’t have the oiks enjoying themselves.

There is a few miserable buggers on here who can not look forward to advancement some on here must be amazed by the wheel , by the time it comes around you wont need cables going across the street you will just unplug from car and bring indoors just like you do with a mobile how do you think the leccy companies coped before mobiles no difference but yet we all take for granted now we just plug them in not even thinking about it the same will be for the car as well.

It will be fantastic imagine going out in the street and not breathing the shit in from diesel and petrol particles the only problem i can see is you will have to have eyes in the back of your heads of how quiet they will be.

There is a few miserable buggers on here who can not look forward to advancement some on here must be amazed by the wheel , by the time it comes around you wont need cables going across the street you will just unplug from car and bring indoors just like you do with a mobile how do you think the leccy companies coped before mobiles no difference but yet we all take for granted now we just plug them in not even thinking about it the same will be for the car as well.

It will be fantastic imagine going out in the street and not breathing the shit in from diesel and petrol particles the only problem i can see is you will have to have eyes in the back of your heads of how quiet they will be.
Lethal to a blind person. My son works in insurance and the insurance for Teslas is extremely high or difficult to get hold of, apparently accident Damage that an everyday motor would get repaired would result in a Tesla being written off, and the batteries are through the roof. Costs would have to come right down. Plus there are the mines that produce the materials for the batteries, meant to be in poorer parts of the world, where little kids are working and life expectancy is crap. How much of that is true, I do not know. But the thought of little kids working in those conditions upsets me.

We are already on the pathway to this necessity
It’s all about infrastructure
Take York as an example
It has a park and ride at the four points of the compass around it
The buses are all electric
The parking spaces are gradually being fitted with charging stations, some rapid and some trickle
So you can drive there in your electric car, leave it to charge while you conduct your business or have a nice day out and return to full charge for a nominal sum
It’s just change and people don’t like change
Imagine the huff and puff she we went from steam to the combustion engine

Awaits the pea heads running out of charge on motorway... Malicious code that empties your battery ect... Can they all be Tesla please
Or widespread power outages caused by high winds or floods. Or motorway at a standstill for hours due to a serious accident. Thousands of cars sat with the aircon running / lights on / radio on etc......

Or widespread power outages caused by high winds or floods. Or motorway at a standstill for hours due to a serious accident. Thousands of cars sat with the aircon running / lights on / radio on etc......
You need to plug the buggers in aswel so it can charge on leccy which is probably going to come from burning fossil fuels.. I think we need to leave Elon musk for another few years so he can add onto the idea...

A geomagnetic storm triggered by a burst of solar energy could overwhelm the nation's power grid and shut down cell towers and cars, communication networks. Similarly, a human-built electromagnetic pulse (EMP) weapon could temporarily wipe out the networks that connect and sustain us.

I added the cars bit 😂 😂

You need to plug the buggers in aswel so it can charge on leccy which is probably going to come from burning fossil fuels.. I think we need to leave Elon musk for another few years so he can add onto the idea...

A geomagnetic storm triggered by a burst of solar energy could overwhelm the nation's power grid and shut down cell towers and cars, communication networks. Similarly, a human-built electromagnetic pulse (EMP) weapon could temporarily wipe out the networks that connect and sustain us.

I added the cars bit 😂 😂
Nah, we won't need to plug 'em in at home. Just need another master battery in the garage that we can charge the other battery from.

Dead simple really