Leeds United Cheating?

northender0602

Forum Patron
Patron
Kathryn;n3421858 said:
Have I missed something? I can’t find anything in this thread saying what they are alleged to have done. Can someone please enlighten me?
Goalie booted a derby player in the face area Possibly a straight red?
 

boltons1

First Team
Why make a massive deal of it and not just tell a few key players to go over feigning injury and carry them in on stretchers that way they get very little info. I'm sure Derby have an indoor training pitch.

I was listening to Alan Shearer during the world cup and he said that the day before the game the players would have chance to train on the pitch, but hey all knew that an opponent staff member would be watching, so they would purposely put penalties in a different spot etc.
 

Ando60

First Team
northender0602;n3421875 said:
Can you cope with the sense of entitlement though
I cant....... They believe that they have a divine right to be in the top division.

Some Leeds fans even started a poll on Facebook in September asking people to vote if they think Leeds should be back where they belong..........
 

Ando60

First Team
raefil;n3421930 said:
If were honest Leeds really are a top flight club and do belong in the EPL.

Spit!
When i was about 10, Leeds were the best team in the country ( 1970 / 71 ) but boy, they were horrible under Don Revie............
 

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
Ando60;n3421932 said:
When i was about 10, Leeds were the best team in the country ( 1970 / 71 ) but boy, they were horrible under Don Revie............
Thing is the Premier League has changed the game completely, whilst I believe they are a top flight club I doubt theyll ever be the same club that they were back then.
 

Preston Lad

Forum Patron
Patron
raefil;n3421930 said:
If were honest Leeds really are a top flight club and do belong in the EPL.

Spit!
What a load of bollocks.

They’re just a well supported club.

The last thing of note was winning the league nearly 30 years ago.

Half of that time since has been spent in The Championship and League One.

Why do they belong in the top flight?
 

europne

First Team
pthnorthender;n3421861 said:
As much as I detest Leeds United I cannot see anything wrong with someone standing on the outside of a fence watching players train. If he is not trespassing what is the problem. Do clubs not send reps to matches to watch opponents play?
I agree, there will be club reps at Deepdale today checking us and Swansea out for upcoming games. Same thing really. It’s never been called cheating.

Having said that I think Leeds should be deducted 200 points, fined £500 million, and banned from playing for 10 years
 

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
Preston Lad;n3421948 said:
What a load of bollocks.

They’re just a well supported club.

The last thing of note was winning the league nearly 30 years ago.

Half of that time since has been spent in The Championship and League One.

Why do they belong in the top flight?
:)

Just my opinion.

to me theyre a club who, having had success attempted to take that success to the next level. They failed badly and history agrees with what you just said. 30 years of nothingness including being very close to extinction.

They are a well supported club, a very well supported club and yes youre right that alone doesnt earn them right to be up there but I do see them as a similar sized club ro, lets say, Everton.
 

europne

First Team
raefil;n3421957 said:
:)

Just my opinion.

to me theyre a club who, having had success attempted to take that success to the next level. They failed badly and history agrees with what you just said. 30 years of nothingness including being very close to extinction.

They are a well supported club, a very well supported club and yes youre right that alone doesnt earn them right to be up there but I do see them as a similar sized club ro, lets say, Everton.
But they are top of the league for having orrible, really orrible, fans.
 

Dirty Harry

First Team
In the 1980s when I played for 55th Red Rose in the Sunday League I often used to go to places like Waverley Park to watch rival teams like the Hesketh Arms training, usually wearing a false nose, glasses and a trilby. The Hesketh players put a lot into these sessions - some players would get through a whole crate of Stella and a packet of fags. It didn't do us much good as we were often heavily beaten when we played them.
 

MrHodgeheg123

First Team
Leeds may well get into the EPL and if they do, unfortunately I can see them staying there for a while. IMO though if they think they'll repeat former glories then they're deluded. The "top six" are way ahead of the pack. A club the size of Newcastle have not been close apart from one season under Keegan Keegan, Everton also rans and Villa a bit of a yo-yo club.Leeds would be a mid table team with the occasional flirt with relegation.
 

Waddie

Forum Patron
Patron
Juat watched Football Focus where they have talked about this incident. Martin Keown called it cheating that we dont want cheating in our game. Every Saturday we see blatant cheating on the pitch, and more so in the premiership, from the so called proffessional footballers!

This Leeds incident is totally non news as far as Im concerned.
 

nigelscamelcoat

Youth Team
Waddie;n3421974 said:
Juat watched Football Focus where they have talked about this incident. Martin Keown called it cheating that we dont want cheating in our game. Every Saturday we see blatant cheating on the pitch, and more so in the premiership, from the so called proffessional footballers!

This Leeds incident is totally non news as far as Im concerned.
Yep I agree double standards at play here and more than a little xenophobia. I remember Stan Ternent going mad about Neil Warnock sending a staff member to eavesdrop at the Burnley dressing room door. This stuff happens all the time and is not endemic to Europe. Remember timewasting is now called game management.
 
nigelscamelcoat;n3421997 said:
Yep I agree double standards at play here and more than a little xenophobia. I remember Stan Ternent going mad about Neil Warnock sending a staff member to eavesdrop at the Burnley dressing room door. This stuff happens all the time and is not endemic to Europe. Remember timewasting is now called game management.
Not sure but I think they came to blows over this. Ternent was really unhappy about it.
I agree its been blown out of proportion but amusing the statement from Leeds about apologising and reminding their Manager of the need to respect
'THERE GOOD NAME' :)
 

TSR2

Forum Patron
Patron
deepdaledreamer;n3422374 said:
Not sure but I think they came to blows over this. Ternent was really unhappy about it.
I agree its been blown out of proportion but amusing the statement from Leeds about apologising and reminding their Manager of the need to respect
'THERE GOOD NAME' :)
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/media.tenor.com\/images\/55aea779be68472760124305bc3a4577\/tenor.gif"}[/IMG2]
 

boltons1

First Team
deepdaledreamer;n3422374 said:
Not sure but I think they came to blows over this. Ternent was really unhappy about it.
I agree its been blown out of proportion but amusing the statement from Leeds about apologising and reminding their Manager of the need to respect
'THERE GOOD NAME' :)
That was when he was at Sheffield United though not whilst he was at Leeds.
 

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
boltons1;n3422767 said:
That was when he was at Sheffield United though not whilst he was at Leeds.
Blackwell was listening at the door, Stan was alerted to this, Stan went into the corridor and lamped him (Blackwell).
 

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
It appears that Leeds also had someone watching Derby before the game earlier in the season. So I suspect that they've had people 'spying' all across the country watching a lot of the teams. Maybe it's why Bielsa seems to like what we do...

Sky won't be happy with a Leeds promotion. How will they fill their tv schedule if they go up?
 
Top