Leeds United Cheating?

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
Tino;n3422977 said:
It appears that Leeds also had someone watching Derby before the game earlier in the season. So I suspect that they've had people 'spying' all across the country watching a lot of the teams. Maybe it's why Bielsa seems to like what we do...

Sky won't be happy with a Leeds promotion. How will they fill their tv schedule if they go up?
Villa and if they come down, Newcastle.
 

buckshawwhite

First Team
Normally this kind of thing wouldn't bother me. If a team wants to spy on training then let them. I don't really consider it cheating. But seeing as it is Leeds I demand a 20 point deduction & £12m fine
 

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
Jack Daniels;n3422990 said:
Villa and if they come down, Newcastle.
Well Villa are in it now, they need a replacement for the 20 Leeds games a season. Newcastle absolutely, but can't see Huddersfield, Fulham or Cardiff being on that much if they dropped.
 

Henry Weston

Forum Patron
Patron
Tino;n3423004 said:
Well Villa are in it now, they need a replacement for the 20 Leeds games a season. Newcastle absolutely, but can't see Huddersfield, Fulham or Cardiff being on that much if they dropped.
Frank Lampard’s Derby County FC.........:rolleyes:
 

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
So, there's a Leeds press conference coming at 5pm.

There's been a few mentions of Bielsa leaving but I doubt it.
 

Strongbow

First Team
Dirty Harry;n3421963 said:
In the 1980s when I played for 55th Red Rose in the Sunday League I often used to go to places like Waverley Park to watch rival teams like the Hesketh Arms training, usually wearing a false nose, glasses and a trilby. The Hesketh players put a lot into these sessions - some players would get through a whole crate of Stella and a packet of fags. It didn't do us much good as we were often heavily beaten when we played them.
Proper lads from a proper football era .... not like the fannies we watch on the tele these days.
 

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
Tino;n3423462 said:
So, there's a Leeds press conference coming at 5pm.

There's been a few mentions of Bielsa leaving but I doubt it.
so it ended up being a presentation from Bielsa about the work they put in on the opposition and the depths they go to. He used Derby in the examples and had minutes played by each player in each position this season. I actually think he had more data on Derby than Lampard does.

also said they’ve watched every club in the league train.
 

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron
in what way is someone bog snorkeling in savick brook to get a peak at springies 'committed to the cause'?

this is cheating. he's tried to hoodwink everyone with his 'oh look at me i do analysis' bullshit, so what? every club does analysis, and his argument is it is not against the laws of the game. well neither is shitting on the pitch during a game, along with an infinate number of other ludicrous things. it's a crazy perspective.
for me what this is, the elaborate press conference, the theatrics, is just a smoke screen because they know they've been caught out and their methods are a disgrace, the press seem to love this fella unequivocally? incredible.

i think that leeds have brought the game into disrepute and i would think there should be serious consequences for this.

i also feel sorry for frank lampard here too he's in an impoissible position where the press clearly love this bielsa fella because it gives them something to write about and the leeds animal support will be allover frank lampard forever now. the whole situation is a joke.
 

NORTHENDRTOPS

Forum Patron
Patron
Ando60;n3421932 said:
When i was about 10, Leeds were the best team in the country ( 1970 / 71 ) but boy, they were horrible under Don Revie............
I obviously remember those days too, and boy did they have some good players, and hard,yes I know they had some dirty buggers too. But although I hate them with a passion I can recall many of the good ones, those who took no prisoners, not nice but effective. They would have died for Revie and were pretty fit too. As for the debacle re the cheating affair, I don't like it, I'm from the old school I'm afraid and to me it's just not the done thing. They can go and watch any team whilst they're playing a match. I recall Bill Shankly used to stand outside the players entrance before games and watch the opposing team getting off the bus, then return to the dressing room to tell the team, that such a body had limped and one had a cold and one was not looking his best etc. He was the master when it came to encouragement and drive, and did it with great humour. Who will not forget that Tommy Smith was not born he was Quarried. Thanks Shanks and no thanks Leeds.
 

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
California_PNE;n3423638 said:
in what way is someone bog snorkeling in savick brook to get a peak at springies 'committed to the cause'?

this is cheating. he's tried to hoodwink everyone with his 'oh look at me i do analysis' bullshit, so what? every club does analysis, and his argument is it is not against the laws of the game. well neither is shitting on the pitch during a game, along with an infinate number of other ludicrous things. it's a crazy perspective.
for me what this is, the elaborate press conference, the theatrics, is just a smoke screen because they know they've been caught out and their methods are a disgrace, the press seem to love this fella unequivocally? incredible.

i think that leeds have brought the game into disrepute and i would think there should be serious consequences for this.

i also feel sorry for frank lampard here too he's in an impoissible position where the press clearly love this bielsa fella because it gives them something to write about and the leeds animal support will be allover frank lampard forever now. the whole situation is a joke.
It was a little bit like being caught cheating in an exam but then presenting how much revision you'd done.
 

Ando60

First Team
Tino;n3423659 said:
It was a little bit like being caught cheating in an exam but then presenting how much revision you'd done.
Very good analagy that Tino..... Did you think that up all by yourself ??
 

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
California_PNE;n3423638 said:
in what way is someone bog snorkeling in savick brook to get a peak at springies 'committed to the cause'?

this is cheating. he's tried to hoodwink everyone with his 'oh look at me i do analysis' bullshit, so what? every club does analysis, and his argument is it is not against the laws of the game. well neither is shitting on the pitch during a game, along with an infinate number of other ludicrous things. it's a crazy perspective.
for me what this is, the elaborate press conference, the theatrics, is just a smoke screen because they know they've been caught out and their methods are a disgrace, the press seem to love this fella unequivocally? incredible.

i think that leeds have brought the game into disrepute and i would think there should be serious consequences for this.

i also feel sorry for frank lampard here too he's in an impoissible position where the press clearly love this bielsa fella because it gives them something to write about and the leeds animal support will be allover frank lampard forever now. the whole situation is a joke.
Pooping or pissing on the pitch is actually a Red Card offence.
 

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
California_PNE;n3423683 said:
which law is that JD? :)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41790381

Salford City goalkeeper Max Crocombe was sent off for urinating during his side's 2-1 win at Bradford Park Avenue.

The 24-year-old New Zealander was shown red in the 87th minute of the National League North game.

"He was told by the steward twice not to do it and he went ahead and had a pee," said Park Avenue secretary Colin Barker.

Crocombe later apologised, saying he has been in an "uncomfortable position" and made "an error in judgment".

Writing on his Twitter account, he added: "My intention was never to offend anyone and I'd like to apologise to both clubs and sets of supporters."

A spectator made a formal complaint and the incident was reported to the police.

Barker added: "He went to the side of the stand as I understand it. I didn't actually see it, but the referee definitely sent him off for it because he was alerted to it by his linesman."

During the game, Park Avenue tweeted: "We can confirm that Crocombe has been sent off for urinating during the game. We are not joking."

Former Oxford goalkeeper Crocombe joined Salford in May. The club is owned by businessman Peter Lim and five former Manchester United players Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Phil Neville, Paul Scholes and Nicky Butt.

Salford reacted to the dismissal by tweeting: "Red Card! Crocombe sees red for something off the ball. No one has a clue what has happened."

Earlier this month Giovanni Liberti was banned for five games for urinating at away fans in a Serie D game.
 

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron
Jack Daniels;n3423835 said:
JD i can't believe I did but i had a quick look although quick and I could find a specific law against the action of urinating on the field of play so maybe the player got sent for the act but it would've been under another law - maybe. So my point was re-leeds just because there is no law specifically prohibiting a behaviour does not mean you can do what you want. Leeds are taking the piss. I hope they get punished and I'd say that about any club even us.
 
Top