PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Lesser known gems by recording artists.

MrHodgeheg123

Lowe In
Patron
We all have favourite tracks from various artists and often ones that pretty much everyone has heard.
Some of my very favourite tunes were never really well known and some only released as album tracks.
The Sweet for example were known mainly for their Glam Rock/Bubblegum music but some of their album tracks were awesome and considered by many as being the first hard rock group inspiring the likes of Queen, Guns 'N Roses and def leppard.
The first two tracks,I'll put out there are by Blondie:
Accidents Never Happen and
Angels On The Balcony.
(If anyone can upload, please do)
Which ones have you got?

We all have favourite tracks from various artists and often ones that pretty much everyone has heard.
Some of my very favourite tunes were never really well known and some only released as album tracks.
The Sweet for example were known mainly for their Glam Rock/Bubblegum music but some of their album tracks were awesome and considered by many as being the first hard rock group inspiring the likes of Queen, Guns 'N Roses and def leppard.
The first two tracks,I'll put out there are by Blondie:
Accidents Never Happen and
Angels On The Balcony.
(If anyone can upload, please do)
Which ones have you got?

Must admit, I never heard these. Very good, thanks.

Struggling a bit with this one because most of the music I like isn't particularly mainstream - trying to limit myself to bands/artists that had a lot of hits.

Queen - The Prophet's Song:

My favourite Queen song that isn't Stone Cold Crazy.

Kate Bush - The Ninth Wave

Everyone knows the songs she released as singles on the Hounds of Love album. Fewer know the other side of that album, The Ninth Wave, which she did as a concept and is absolutely beautiful.

Struggling a bit with this one because most of the music I like isn't particularly mainstream - trying to limit myself to bands/artists that had a lot of hits.

Queen - The Prophet's Song:

My favourite Queen song that isn't Stone Cold Crazy.

Kate Bush - The Ninth Wave

Everyone knows the songs she released as singles on the Hounds of Love album. Fewer know the other side of that album, The Ninth Wave, which she did as a concept and is absolutely beautiful.

I like pretty much everything Queen did.
My favourite not so well known track of theirs is Let Me Live.
The usual masterful voice of Freddie plus John and Brian mixed with gospel.
A cracking tune.

"Lonely Man" by Status Quo, going back years & years.
Absolutely no Twelve Bar, Heads Down Mindless Boogie....
A thoughtful acoustic from Francis Rossi
(Think it's from 'Piledriver', but can't
be 100% on that one )