PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Liam Lindsay joins on loan (Confirmed)

Only fair to judge him since McAvoy took charge as the whole squad were a shambles before that.
He’s done well and been part of a defence that’s kept 4 clean sheets, also chipped in with 2 goals. If it’s a free and the wages are decent it’s a no brainer.

Off topic but this is his thread so it got me thinking. Has anyone heard from Paddy recently? Seems to have disappeared for a month now.

Not following PNE while Ched Evans plays for us so maybe just lost interest

Him taking a break coincides very timely with him basically calling the Royal Family a bunch of nonces over in the politics sections.

He's missing out by not watching because of Super Ched; he was near unplayable in the second half yesterday.

Only fair to judge him since McAvoy took charge as the whole squad were a shambles before that.
He’s done well and been part of a defence that’s kept 4 clean sheets, also chipped in with 2 goals. If it’s a free and the wages are decent it’s a no brainer.
Two goals? Thought it wasn't fair to judge him on what he did before FM took over? ;)

Is it fair to claim we have adjusted our defensive style recently, allowing the back 3 to sit back more as opposed to a high press and line?

It exposes us less

If Huntington was to move on for regular football then you could warrant signing Lindsay. We need a proper replacement for Davies though, no doubt. Pace, ball playing ability, general calmness, etc.

Bauer is also an unknown quantity now.

I’d definitely take him, think he’s been very good and seems to get a lot of unwarranted stick. I think he’s actually very good on the ball. Much prefer him to Hunts I must admit.
As you say he gets a lot of unwarranted stick, just like Hughes. He hadn’t played for a year but, as he gained more game time, he has undoubtedly improved.
I accept that he and Bauer in a back four would lack pace but not if he was paired with Storey
No doubt however, before we make a decision on Lindsay, we will be looking to see whether there are other available, affordable, tall, left footed defenders with pace!

We cant say we have Hunts so dont need LL.... Hunts can never play LCB (neither can Storey or Bauer) so we are left with the brilliant LCB Hughes.

We need 2 left footed CB's and I'm happy for LL to be 1 of them and Hughes the other, unless it is felt Josh Earl is ready to step in after his loan to Burton.

Lindsay is a GOOD defender and rarely loses a header.....

Surely Greg would be the lcb alternative to Hughes, with Earl filling the lwb role.

I'm sure Lindsay has 1 year remaining at Stoke, I've been advised that they won't let him leave for free but could be a cut price seeing as stoke want him off the wage bill (Michael O'Neill still doesn't rate him even after doing well for us)

But I can't see us buying him as the BFG is back in training now plus still got Hunts and VDB if he/ us decide to have him back.

Hmmmm... :unsure:

We could try looking for a replacement centre back as good or better than Davies, as we were promised by PR.

Or at least one who isn't so limited that we can't play a back 4 with him in it.
this theory is just that, a theory. One made by the clueless, basically.

Lindsey has improved with every game hes played. I for one hope he signs.

I'm sure Lindsay has 1 year remaining at Stoke, I've been advised that they won't let him leave for free but could be a cut price seeing as stoke want him off the wage bill (Michael O'Neill still doesn't rate him even after doing well for us)

But I can't see us buying him as the BFG is back in training now plus still got Hunts and VDB if he/ us decide to have him back.
I think he’s a level above Hunts now, and if we’re going to play 3 at the back consistently we’d need 5 possibly 6 that can play CB including Hughes. I think there’s room for Lindsay, Bauer and Sep in the squad.

Realistically if we’re making a big signing this summer it’s not going to be at CB and we know in FM’s system Lindsay is capable. It seems an obvious move for us to make.