Liam Lindsay signs permenantly from Stoke (Confirmed)

sf

Forum Patron
Patron
Has had more criticism than he deserves but I'm not thrilled.

He's good in a back three but we need a first choice CB bringing in so we can play different systems.

Surely Hunts goes out on loan.

Mr Meeseeks

Forum Patron
Patron

He's good in a back three but we need a first choice CB bringing in so we can play different systems.

Pretty much how I feel. Not blown away but quite satisfied. Still feel with a full pre season and a run of games he’ll be just fine.

On the plus side at least the wage ceiling has been lifted to £40k, we might attract some better players now.

baldnobber

Forum Patron
Patron
Not against this as I think he did ok on the whole and will hopefully improve next year. However it's 3 players for one position - Lindsay, Bauer, hunts. Very strange decision to offer hunts a new deal last year.

jamesOB

Forum Patron
Patron
I'm not disappointed with this transfer but one question i would like PR to answer is "is Liam Lindsay equal to or better than Ben Davies?". If not then he'll need to sign another centre half in order to be true to his word...
The ideal Ben Davies replacement for me would be Cameron Carter Vickers on loan from Spurs. Quick, decent on the ball and young, so could be developed if we then tried for a permanent

Sadly we haven’t got much of a chance given how he performed at Bournemouth

Sedge_Fan

Manager
Bloody hell. I hope the poor lad doesn't read this thread.
Part of a very solid backline during Frankie's tenure and was getting better and better.
Our fans are unreal, 'We don't want league 1/2 dross', 'He hasn't got enough experience' etc etc ... what do the fans actually want???

Welcome back Liam

Frankie’s comments are telling….. clear it will be a back 3 for majority of next season. Not sure how I feel about that as that set up can be as defensive as it can be attacking….. getting SVDB back will be important here. Still think we’re a CB light as Hunts past it IMHO and Bauer fitness uncertain. I’d love is to sign quality RB and play Sepp at CB…..

LostinSpace

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Staff member
Patron

He'll actually be a decent squad player.