Liam Lindsay signs permenantly from Stoke (Confirmed)

JohnPNE

Advisor to the Owner
TIme will tell with Lindsay, I think he's shit. You think he'll be good. Can only wait until next season to find out.

Not even going to bother with the Fisher comments, youve embarrassed yourself enough there

Just my opinion but you can’t tell me that you was really pleased every time he got a yellow for answering back or for the time he gave away a penalty for diving and then handling the ball.

Lwigmore

Manager
Not doubting your man ITK etc but just curious.

Obviously Stoke were keen to get shut or at least shift a chunk of his wage off the bill. So why did they jump at our offer and not at least try a bidding war or to entice a bigger/higher wage paying club?

Was demand for him that low? Or anticipated to still be so low at crunch time of the window? They’ve seemingly jumped at the first offer which will no doubt be pittance compared to what other clubs in this division could offer.

Lindsay was a drain on Stoke's wage bill, that's a fact!

Nobody else wanted Lindsay as far as I know plus the deal does entail what JD said previously (The two year deal we signed him on is part of the two years he had left at Stoke).

Doyler

Manager
I bet you were one of the idiots that wrote Ben Pearson off after 6 months with stupid comments like that
Nope, only smooth brains thought Ben Pearson was whack when he signed. I saw him on his debut could tell he was a very good player at the time. Although admittedly he did exceed my expectations

First Team
Personally I’m glad we moved fisher on, he was a liability. Always out of position defensively, always giving free kicks away in ridiculous positions. Granted he was half decent attacking wise but that’s not enough.

NG White

Forum Patron
Patron
Personally I’m glad we moved fisher on, he was a liability. Always out of position defensively, always giving free kicks away in ridiculous positions. Granted he was half decent attacking wise but that’s not enough.

He wasn't perfect, could be a liability at times but we let him go in January for next to nothing and now we're trying to find someone for a RWB position in a 3-5-2 he'd have been perfect for.

Doyler

Manager
I think he's a class right back, and am pissed off we let him go. I'd be less pissed off if we got someone half decent in to replace him (like that Rotherham lad who's just rejected a contract), but that signing seems too logical for us to do

kitman99

Cleaner of Boots
Patron
Fisher was and is, as a RB, excellent at this level. The only thing you can say is his downfall is his attitude/behaviour. He could be lazy and just stupid. I think it was the latter that resulted in him not being offered a contract. Similar stories about his attitude came out from Rotherham at the time if I remember correctly.

Lindsay is quite obviously not as gifted footballing wise, and having come in after Davies is like Moyes when he went to Utd after Fergie. It's was never going to be easy or accepted. Lindsay is a good player. Reliable, strong, commanding and wins the ball. Only OK with his feet.

And don't forget Lindsay came in mid-season, after no game time, into a team that had AB at RB, a rusty Cunningham as LB and Storey who hadn't had a decent run in the team as his CB partner, with a Manager clearly underperforming and under pressure. All whilst living either miles away or in a hotel. Couldn't have been easy. When everything settled, he was in a back line that got 4 consecutive clean sheets. Too much stick for me.

Mr Meeseeks

Forum Patron
Patron
I think he's a class right back, and am pissed off we let him go. I'd be less pissed off if we got someone half decent in to replace him (like that Rotherham lad who's just rejected a contract), but that signing seems too logical for us to do
I thought he was decent, was shocked we let him go. Was even more shocked when he wasn’t immediately replaced.

It’s vital we bring in someone with similar ball carrying ability and pace on that right hand side now.

Matt Olosunde on a free seems like it has us written all over it, although I imagine his contract situation has alerted others.

Josh Emmanuel would be my preference personally, although I doubt Hull would want to sell. That said he does only have a year left on his contract.

Doyler

Manager
I thought he was decent, was shocked we let him go. Was even more shocked when he wasn’t immediately replaced.

It’s vital we bring in someone with similar ball carrying ability and pace on that right hand side now.

Matt Olosunde on a free seems like it has us written all over it, although I imagine his contract situation has alerted others.

Josh Emmanuel would be my preference personally, although I doubt Hull would want to sell. That said he does only have a year left on his contract.
Emmanuel hasn't even been making the Hull team, has he? Lewie Coyle has been their mainstay at right back.

sf

Forum Patron
Patron
I have a bad feeling were not that interested in a wing back and are happy playing with 5 defenders. Don't think it will be remotely pretty but if we keep clean sheets...then well... I probably won't care.

Mr Meeseeks

Forum Patron
Patron
Emmanuel hasn't even been making the Hull team, has he? Lewie Coyle has been their mainstay at right back.
Which is the only reason I think they could be slightly tempted. But even with that in mind I still doubt it, he’s a quality player with long term potential. Unless of course McCann just doesn’t rate him.