PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Liam Lindsay

It's absolutely vital we don't fall into the trap of someone having a decent game then that making them good all of a sudden.

Storey had four ok games and we gave him a three-year deal off the back of it. Fast forward a month or so and he wasn't even in the matchday squad.
Likewise players can have a bad game without being crap

Lindsay was excellent. But no way can him and Bauer play together. Gotta be either one and if Big Pat is fit it's a no brainer

I have the impression, with no great evidence, that he tends to play better against better opposition. I was disappointed to see Bauer missing but not too down at his replacement.

Consistency will be the key.

Lindsay has looked good more than he has looked poor though. As long as he sticks to the basics and moves the ball on to the lads that can play he'll do alright here. He will make errors but so do centre halves we have and have had that people think are brilliant.

Sepp, Bauer and Lindsay as a back 3 with Ched and Riis up top also gives us a lot of height & strength in the box for set pieces at both ends. Although I'd have Riis on the halfway line when we're defending set plays.
Lindsay playing on the outside of a back three would be an absolute car crash. And, Hughes has been one of our best players this season.

Lindsay did ok today. He was ok against Liverpool, but even let his man get in front of him for their first goal. In all the other games he played this season, he was nothing short of embarrassing, and was rightly dropped for Bauer.

As i've said on other threads, just watched the last 60 minutes, due to working mornings and not being able to attend, but it looked like Lindsay had a very solid game, as was mentioned by the commentators, hopefully this gives him some extra confidence and some get off his back and give him a proper chance.

It's absolutely vital we don't fall into the trap of someone having a decent game then that making them good all of a sudden.

Storey had four ok games and we gave him a three-year deal off the back of it. Fast forward a month or so and he wasn't even in the matchday squad.

Today was, quite literally, the first game he has played this year where he hasnt been horrendous.

He's come in today, won plenty of headers, made one great interception in the box and fluffed 2 routine clearances. All in all good performance, but Mitrovic offered fuck all movement. We've seen how Reading, Hull etc caused him huge issues and if he becomes a regular starter he will get exploited time and time again.

Calls to replace Hughes with him are even more laughable. Saw some stats showing that Hughes was actually one of the most efficient and most prolific progressive passers among all championship centre halves. As much as I like our current midfield, a lot of the deep playmaking work falls on Whiteman and without Hughes and Sepp, I do think we'd struggle moving the ball upfield.

Not saying that Hughes is that good at it but Lindsay's range of passing today involved pinging balls 10 yards over Barky's head.

Well I did say the HMS Lindsay thing would come back to bite everyone on the arse.😂

For me, Lindsay will just suit certain games, it's up to the manager to know when they are. I don't think MOTM is over the top, well played man.

John Beck love him or hate him, would sometimes leave three players up front spread across the halfway line when defending corners.
The opposition had no option but to send at least four defenders back covering them. 🤔
I'm sure Billy used to have us leave a couple of players up on the halfway line as well if I'm not mistaken?

Lindsay did great today. Also had a v effective game at Ewood last season where he scored a commanding header. Same again and you will become a hero. Mitrovic may well have been still suffering from illness but he physically more than matched him; so much so that he was culpable for our goal. He simply didn’t fancy anymore physical contact and did not want to follow Ched.

Reminds me of Huntington when he first arrived. Great with play in front of him, not so good when play is behind him and ball coming in from the side.

Hopefully he’ll improve that side of things.

HMS was yesterday the player I hoped he'd be when he signed. Not a regular first teamer but ready to step in for the odd game and do a job, like Hunts has done in recent years.

No doubt he was helped by Mitrovic's recent illness and simply not being up for a 12:30 kick-off in a bitterly cold and windy Lancashire, but Lindsay played very well.

Far too slow and error prone to be a regular starter but when we need to tightly mark a big target man, or have someone to play in the centre ONLY of the back 3 HMS can definitely step in as a stop gap. Lets not get carried away though.

Strange one for me. Seen him have some solid games but also seen him make some really basic errors. Possibly it’s just a game time thing?
He's obviously capable, just inconsistent and if there's one thing you need in a CH it's consistency (good consistency). It could be game time, but if he's prone to bad games every other game then that's not great.

Fair play to Lindsay yesterday. Stoke parted with 2m on him and on that showing you can see why. He needs to follow that up if Bauer is still injured against Rovers.

Glad to see him play well, happy for him and good to know he can step his game up at this level.

Changes nothing for me though about needing a CB in Jan as priority, he can’t fully be replied upon (yet at least).