What's new
PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Life helping books?

OP
Malcy16

Malcy16

Manager
That does surprise me. Was it too theoretical?
I thought it would tap into the anxiety side of things but it was more about fear controlling your life such as 'not going for that promotion at work' etc.

It was interesting don't get me wrong and I'll definitely take something away from it but was hoping for more on the anxiety side. Especially after Matt Haig's Notes on a nervous planet hit all the right notes for me.

pne_monster

Forum Patron
Patron
I thought it would tap into the anxiety side of things but it was more about fear controlling your life such as 'not going for that promotion at work' etc.

It was interesting don't get me wrong and I'll definitely take something away from it but was hoping for more on the anxiety side. Especially after Matt Haig's Notes on a nervous planet hit all the right notes for me.
I think that's simply that Pippa Grange is an applied psychologist, and Matt Haig is a writer.

Soapy

Manager
I read read this a few months ago and it was a funny, but sensitive and reflective account of social anxiety. Something I've always had and probably will do. Made me laugh a lot.