PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Lilibet Diana

pnewortham

Patron
Firstly, congratulations to H&M.

Secondly, can't help thinking it's a bit of an odd move going with that name. Wonder if the Queen knew anything about it.

Any tweets from Danny Baker yet?
No but there has been an astonishing tweet by a journalist called Julie Burchill who writes for The Telegraph and The Spectator. So far she’s kept her job but given her history and previous it’s no surprise.

Danny Baker made an ill judged tweet and was rightly in the dock over it. He clearly isn‘t or wasn’t racist but made a remark that was inadvertently racist - one he withdrew as soon as he realised what he’d said and the connotations. He even had a slot on his shows about dressing monkeys up as famous people for many years.

On the other hand, we’ve got a PM who is openly racist, and that’s before you reach his minions and their racist policies. Talk radio is full of racist phone ins and connotations as is the right wing press.

No but there has been an astonishing tweet by a journalist called Julie Burchill who writes for The Telegraph and The Spectator. So far she’s kept her job but given her history and previous it’s no surprise.

Danny Baker made an ill judged tweet and was rightly in the dock over it. He clearly isn‘t or wasn’t racist but made a remark that was inadvertently racist - one he withdrew as soon as he realised what he’d said and the connotations. He even had a slot on his shows about dressing monkeys up as famous people for many years.

On the other hand, we’ve got a PM who is openly racist, and that’s before you reach his minions and their racist policies. Talk radio is full of racist phone ins and connotations as is the right wing press.
Now this is exactly what the left refer to as 'whataboutery'.

What do Boris Johnson and TalkRadio have to do with Danny Baker?

Firstly, the woman is a wanker, but her tweet is hardly astonishing. She's just taking the piss out of the wokeness of the couple.

Agreed. Danny Baker was and is not a racist. Should be given his job back. Only idiots who have no reference of context thought it was a racist remark.

Openly racist PM. That's a big shout. I can't remember the last time he called somebody inferior due to the colour of their skin.

The name was coined by King George V for his young daughter, when she couldn't pronounce her own name correctly. But not sure it was Harry and Meghan's to "use". Can't make out it it's genuine affection, or a bit of creeping. Very cynical of me.

Firstly, the woman is a wanker, but her tweet is hardly astonishing. She's just taking the piss out of the wokeness of the couple.

Agreed. Danny Baker was and is not a racist. Should be given his job back. Only idiots who have no reference of context thought it was a racist remark.

Openly racist PM. That's a big shout. I can't remember the last time he called somebody inferior due to the colour of their skin.
I've no issue with anything you've said except on the PM. His moments of racist comments go a little beyond one misguided tweet.

The name was coined by King George V for his young daughter, when she couldn't pronounce her own name correctly. But not sure it was Harry and Meghan's to "use". Can't make out it it's genuine affection, or a bit of creeping. Very cynical of me.
It’s a bit odd. Just call her Elizabeth. Serves the exact same purpose. You can even give her the same nickname if you like. But not really what you’d give the kid as their actual name

It’s a bit odd. Just call her Elizabeth. Serves the exact same purpose. You can even give her the same nickname if you like. But not really what you’d give the kid as their actual name
Exactly, it all seems back to front. They've already said her day to day name will be Lily (or Lili ?), so yeah - call her Elizabeth and give her whatever affectionate name you like. I'm afraid I find that couple a bit odd.

Totally agree with you James but I can’t honestly say that I will lose any sleep over anything going on in their world.....

Pedantic point.....George V wasn't the Queen's father, he was her grandfather. George VI was her father.