Lincoln city vs Preston North End - 25th March 1995

Theimps

Youth Team
Hi

I was wondering if you could help. I want to know the starting 11s for both Lincoln city and Preston for there match on 25th March 1995. It’s for my dad who is a massive collector of programmes and likes to write on the programme who played and scored. Would really appreciate the help.

Thanks

simo

Advisor to the Owner
A quick google has shown me that it was 1-1 (Dean West for Lincoln, Ryan Kidd for us) and it was Beckham's final games for us when he came on loan.

MikeR

Reserve
I was at that match and will have a programme somewhere. Trouble is I think most of my old programmes are hidden away in the garage somewhere.

europne

Advisor to the Owner
1-1
Att. 5487

Vaughan
Fensome
Sharp
Beckham (yes that one)
Kidd (1)
Moyes
Davey
Bryson
Carmichael (subbed)
Conroy
Magee (subbed)

Subs
Cartwright
Raynor
Richardson (gk)

Sorry, no info on Lincoln team.

Mickypne

Advisor to the Owner
I went to this game. It was a local family day in Lincoln and my ticket was a quid. Pne took a good few thousand that day and overall I think there was a gate of about 9000. Decent game as well.

jcfartpants

Chief Anal Acoustician
I went to this game. It was a local family day in Lincoln and my ticket was a quid. Pne took a good few thousand that day and overall I think there was a gate of about 9000. Decent game as well.
I took a mate from the RAF to that game and if I remember rightly PNE took 1500 to that game and we were sat in the new stand down the side. Right at the time when there was a really good feeling around North End.

norfolk white

Staff member
Patron
I too was at this game and if I am correct, Beckham hit the far post direct from a corner. Or have I just imagined this, anyone also at the game can you please confirm if my memory is correct or fading? Thanks (y)

jcfartpants

Chief Anal Acoustician
I too was at this game and if I am correct, Beckham hit the far post direct from a corner. Or have I just imagined this, anyone also at the game can you please confirm if my memory is correct or fading? Thanks (y)
Your memory is better than mine Ivor .....I've no recollection about the match itself.

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
Was that not the 0-0 game when Beck was Lincoln manager - I went to that one...

Lots of nobbers went that day

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
Was that not the 0-0 game when Beck was Lincoln manager - I went to that one...

Lots of nobbers went that day

Think that’s the one I went to as well.

I have a weird memory of joining what I think was the motorway via the fast lane, my mate’s car cutting out and us then coasting right across the carriageway onto the hard shoulder.

We had to call the AA and missed the kick off iirc.

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
That Toll Bridge and a massive queue of cars fannying around with either 20p or 40p to cross that 150 yard section of privately owned road.

No Danger

Forum Patron
Patron
I remember Terry Fleming from around that era, a full back who played first for us before moving to Lincoln.
Pretty sure he was signed by John Beck and then rejoined him at Lincoln after falling out of favour and getting done for drink driving whilst here.
He didn't reach any great heights with us if I remember correctly.

wld

Forum Patron
Patron
I remember Terry Fleming from around that era, a full back who played first for us before moving to Lincoln.
Pretty sure he was signed by John Beck and then rejoined him at Lincoln after falling out of favour and getting done for drink driving whilst here.

He didn’t. I remember him scoring what I think was the winner at Gillingham one Tuesday night when he was being tried as a winger and I think he was involved on the infamous night at The Withy Trees when Stuart Hicks (I think) ended up with a broken arm.

norfolk white

Staff member
Patron
I have just had a look at his wikki page and I thought he had been with us for more than a year, playing for us 38 times. I thought for the division we were in he did OK for us.

jcfartpants

Chief Anal Acoustician
Many (or not so many) were the times of the "Terry, Terry, Terry" chant. Hereford away one time I remember, in fact summer '94.